Disjointed attack due to crap Go Forward.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
I have been watching the game again and our bad attack was caused by our terrible go forward aswell as the Sharks great defense. I hate to say it but Kites days are over, we need to get a younger prop even if it means losing someone.

Where is technical coach when we need him?
Seriously, that guy is a gun strategy wise !

DCE was poor tonite - his passing was not hitting the mark and the forwards were bending down or reaching for the ball.
We were way to slow tonite and lucky to win.

This is the first thread i'll get on because it's exactly what my mates & i were saying watching the game tonight not only kite but king also has had his days these blokes make hardly any yards.

At least Jamie Lyon is starting to play better, hopefully he can improve a little each week and get back to where he should be.

Yeah it seems smaller guys like Foran and Buhrer are the ones to pump the side up with the big tackle or run where it should be Kite and King. I guarantee our attack would be much better behind a decent forward pack, thumbs up for Joe as he has been our best this year. You can't expect a rookie like DCE to get better with that dismal go forward.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
eagles2win said:
King atleast cracked 100m in attack.
100cm more like it.

I'm a stat's guy and that's it. I'm sorry.

I'm getting big concerns for when we face the Warriors and the Cowboys (both forward packs are really starting to generate good numbers).

I've also got big concerns over the Raiders, it's only going to be a matter of time before that side clicks and when they do it's only them that's holding them back

I totally agree with the post.Our go forward from our starting props was non existant. King was average and kite was disgraceful.He had the handbreak on all night. Smokin joe took the sharks pack on,on his own, and he put King and Kite 2 shame.Georgie had his best game for a while, but smokin joe was inspirational 2nite, his best game 4 the club. As mentioned by someone on another thread i think its time that Joe starts in frontrow in place of kite, and Ferris starts in backrow with Choc.
Thoughts?

King must have some dirt on someone at the club,he has been crap for years,but i admit this has been his best start to a season

I don't know what the hell King has to do to impress some people on here

He leads from the front, plays with a bit of aggression which is needed, and is being bagged after making 129m last night

Unbelievable

Kiwi Eagle said:
I don't know what the hell King has to do to impress some people on here

He leads from the front, plays with a bit of aggression which is needed, and is being bagged after making 129m last night

Unbelievable

Kite was my main gripe, though King was not really impressive either tbh, not compared to Snowden on the other side or Smoking Joe.

I know stats arent the be all and end all, but metres wise, King even out did Snowden last night. 18 hitups for 129m is a fair work rate. Snowden was 12 for 108m.

Joe was outstanding again, really stood up and did Watmoughs work, 20 hit ups for 155m

I think Gallen was close to 200m!! I don't know, our forwards just didn't seem to lay a decent platform for the outside backs, i think alot of credit has to go to the Sharks defense though.

Kiwi, I think it's because even though he racks up the metres he just doesn't seem to bend the line. Compare him to someone like Rapira at the Warriors (who was truly frightening every time he ran the ball yesterday against the Chooks) and he doesn't look as strong. But I agree that his aggression and attitude these days are spot on. It was just that last night, like the rest of the team (Big Joe being the main exception), he didn't look that damaging.

Yeah the Sharks are a better side than they are given credit for, it is a damn good pack and Wade Graham looks good too. yeah Gallen, 194m, does it week in week out

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Kiwi, I think it's because even though he racks up the metres he just doesn't seem to bend the line. Compare him to someone like Rapira at the Warriors (who was truly frightening every time he ran the ball yesterday against the Chooks) and he doesn't look as strong. But I agree that his aggression and attitude these days are spot on. It was just that last night, like the rest of the team (Big Joe being the main exception), he didn't look that damaging.

I like that he is doing the tough stuff these days, taking 2 hit ups in a set to start the games etc

Yeah rapira had a beauty, came out of nowhere as well coz he has been horrible to begin this season, as most of the Warriors have. Lewis Brown is a man we must watch next week, probably the most under rated guy going round at the moment

Funny we lacked go forward last night who was missing????? Bag him all you want but choc is critical to our go forward

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4