Dissapointed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
The following probably reads really badly, but after the events of the last few days i thought i'd just write a little piece.

Since the night of Sunday the 5th of October 2008 i've wanted only one thing - the 2009 season to start!

- i'm actually stuck for words after that -

Rugby League means more to me than everything in the world with the exception of family and friends. The next 7 or 8 months is honestly my life, my weekends revolve around a) attending manly game b) watching every other game.

I try and read every article throughout the week for every game and get stuck into the forums when i can (apologies to employer)

God knows why i do it  it's just my number 1 passion.

I thought nothing ever would make me re-think this passion, even through Manly's darkest days (on field) it never ever got to the point where it got me down.

With the Stewart event and to a lesser extent the Watmough one - it's a big kick in the guts for me, as if you've just found out that your best mate has been sleeping with your Mrs.

I don't know what i'm exactly saying - i know players don't read these things - but i just wanted to express my extreme dissapointed in Stewart and Watmough. They are not just entertaining people on a Saturday afternoon, they are playing a big part in the lives of people that they may never meet - however sad that may be.

I hope the season kicks off and these issues are quickly resolved, so that we can have a successful 2009. However, it has taken a lot of gloss off the game that i follow very very closely.

- Apologies for that dribble, but i feel slightly better now. ;D

DVS Matt link said:
i just wanted to express my extreme dissapointed in Stewart and Watmough. They are not just entertaining people on a Saturday afternoon, they are playing a big part in the lives of people that they may never meet - however sad that may be.
Matt, I get where you are coming from but I believe that it is too early for the blame game to be finalised. That doesn't mean that they weren't both at the wrong end of bad or even dreadful behaviour, but it also could mean that they are not guilty of anything other than poor circumstances and a shark-like Press, the facts are too early to ascertain. That's all.

That's the risk you run when you allow your life to revolve around a bunch of footballers. They have never been accused of being the sharpest group in the world (I'm talking in general not just Manly Sea Eagles). It's not like they are saving lives or working for world peace everyday. They are trying to bash the living $hit out of other humans for a very lucrative living, and getting treating like Gods whilst doing it. Is it any wonder they lose touch with reality.

I hear what you are saying, but unfortunately the majority of NRL players aren't that aware of the role they are playing in general society. May I suggest getting a hobby and not allowing your life to be dictated by the NRL, it's bound to end in tears.

Yes, all this is certainly a kick in the guts. Whose looking forward to turning up to work with a barrage of abuse about our golden boy?

byso link said:
Yes, all this is certainly a kick in the guts. Whose looking forward to turning up to work with a barrage of abuse about our golden boy?

Certainly not me...... I'm going to cop a f*cking pasting.

For some reason i thought we were different

Different from the dogs, the rooters and every other thug team

What gets me is that we are not - Beaver or no beaver it is what it is

And i am going to cop it at work tomorrow....

byso link said:

Yeah, it ain't going to be easy, but I can take it.

Its my kids that are going to cop it. I'm still struggling to explain to my nine year-old what his hero is accused of.

I started fielding text messages about 10 minutes after the news broke yesterday. Mainly from the same Cronulla fans who I gave it to with both barrels about Greg Bird. That's karma for you. It's going to be a long week that's for sure. We can only hope that it gets sorted out quickly and doesn't drag on for weeks.

Some wild speculation going on here. Remember the word alleged is very, very different to proven. And then remember jails are full of innocent people supposedly "proven" to be guilty.

Remember newspapers should more accurately be called gossip-papers, and that they foster, nurture and thrive on unproven allegations.  It is their lifeblood.

Cool heads required.

I'm copping it from Eels fans.  Can anyone remind me if any of their players have been charged recently?

Jarryd Hayne has been in some trouble recently as well, same as Weller Hauraki, Tim Smith, Piggy Riddell.

Nothing as serious as the allegations levelled at Brett though, and I hardly think that is the most mature of responses either...

Agreed Will. No need to get involved in slanging matches with other supporters. It just reminds me how clean Manly has been over quite a number of years. We are stunned when these types of accusations are actually directed at some of ours!!

Matabele link said:
I'm copping it from Eels fans.  Can anyone remind me if any of their players have been charged recently?

Hey Mata - my g/f is a Eels fan and she is supporting Brett Stewart but than again i pay her out over the slimes at any chance i get lol.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4