Diving Spots

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eelcatcher

Reserve Grader
I was just thinking of our horrid loss against the bunnies a few weeks back. It got me thinking, has diving really been getting more and more prevalent in recent years then ever? So I decided I should make a thread of notable diving incidents in the NRL. Maybe we can all truly see if it really is getting to be a serious problem.

So I'll start off with the first entry.

Greg Inglis of the Bunnies vs. Manly Sea Eagles RD23 August 16th at Blue Tongue Stadium. Inglis gets clipped by Justin Horo late in the game. Inglis stays down after been told by trainer to do so and gets the Bunnies a Penalty against Manly and Horo put on report.

Prefer if people type up exactly when and where the incident occurred, what happened and what the result was etc.

2nd Entry

Liam Fulton of the West Tigers VS Manly at Sydney Football Stadium 15th of March 2010. Fulton stays down after Tony Williams took him out off the ball earning the Tigers a penalty in which Fulton miraculously recovers and soon races down 40 metres to score.

These incidents could be of any NRL game and not just ones with Manly.

Ben Kennedy State of Origin 2 2004 I think...that was the first notable one that cause an uproar

Actually there was a stage on the game on Saturday where one of the Storm players was being tackled and looked like he tried to dive and throw himself over in a tackle, but Foz I think it was held him and push him back the other way so he couldn't dive over

I saw a Brazilian soccer player go down once clutching his face after getting hit in the knee with the ball.

There was a good one by Robbie Farah at Bluetongue a couple of years ago that seemed to slightly annoy Steve Matai.

Im sure i have seen that little fatty Sandow dive. Just cant think which game, perhaps a few games. O yeah thats right, it was that game where Parra lost lol

i remember gallen staying down after being hit high & once the penalty was awarded he gave the opposition player who hit him a wink & a grin

Clint said:
I saw a Brazilian soccer player go down once clutching his face after getting hit in the knee with the ball.

I remember that one, was in a World Cup game I think. He was standing near the corner post and the other player kicked the ball after the whistle out of frustration, it hit the other bloke in the knees and he went down clutching his face as though he were the guy on robocop who got hit with the acid.

Dan said:
Clint said:

I remember that one, was in a World Cup game I think. He was standing near the corner post and the other player kicked the ball after the whistle out of frustration, it hit the other bloke in the knees and he went down clutching his face as though he were the guy on robocop who got hit with the acid.

Good memory mate. Spot on. That's the one. It was so bad it was embarrassing.

Clint said:
Dan said:
Clint said:

Good memory mate. Spot on. That's the one. It was so bad it was embarrassing.

And it's one of the reasons I don't enjoy the World cup. It's no longer a sport, the officiating is beyond ridiculous and too many games are decided by stupid things like that. From memory the player that kicked the ball was red carded which was even more ridiculous as he never intended to kick the ball at the player in the first place.

Didn't Glenn Hall take a dive in his first Cowboys game against us which produced a disallowed try?

Jethro said:
Didn't Glenn Hall take a dive in his first Cowboys game against us which produced a disallowed try?

Oh yeah, that was a spectacular gust of wind that knocked him over

Talking about dives in soccer did anyone see the game where old mate grabbed the attackers arm and pushed it into his own face to make it look like he had been punched?

Of course he layed down for a good couple of minutes as well

62nd minute, Rd 26 Titans VS Storm, no.18 Titans player Mark Ioane takes a dive at the last tackle and earns himself a penalty for the Titans.

Dan said:
Clint said:

Yes it was, Rivaldo. Waiting for someone to give him the ball so he could take a corner kick, the opposing teams player kicked the ball at him, Rivaldo dived ridiculously and the ball kicker was red carded for his effort.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6