Do people realise...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
That we haven't been full strength all year (bar 20 mins against the Warriors)

I've read alot about how this team doesn't have what it takes how Tooves is a crap coach etc etc etc

And its all nonesense

I honestly cant think of too many games when we haven't been missing 3 internationals

Take 3 internationals out of the Storm, Broncos or Bulldogs each match and they would all likely be missing the 8.

So relax, we get our boys back and we have a good shot at B2B

Oh and we have Haslers pups covered

Kiwi Eagle said:
Joe was out against the Warriors so we haven't had top squad all season

Ah, you are right, so there you have it.

We are yet to see our 2012 team

I don't think Tooves is a crap coach and some areas in our go forward around the ruck are sharper under Tooves than it was under Hasler. Yrs 2-3 are going to show if Toovey can arrest the slide, add enough of his own idea's and purchasing quality players at the right price to add depth.

Not totally sold on him yet but he has shown enough in a hard year to suggest he has more to offer.

Watched Chee-Kam in toyota cup today. I reckon he is going to be more than an able replacement for T Rex. Hopefully not as injury or suspension prone and definitely not as lazy.

Technical Coach said:
I don't think Tooves is a crap coach and some areas in our go forward around the ruck are sharper under Tooves than it was under Hasler. Yrs 2-3 are going to show if Toovey can arrest the slide, add enough of his own idea's and purchasing quality players at the right price to add depth.

Not totally sold on him yet but he has shown enough in a hard year to suggest he has more to offer.
Agree that certain areas of attack are better than in recent seasons & less predictable.
Defence is attitude & though some blame the coach for this area he is not 1 of several players who have had their minds on their playing futures which like it or lump it - is disruptive to the entire team & does have an effect.
Have seen enough good in the big games to suggest its the other teams who should be worried about Manly come the crunch games.

Technical Coach said:

An experienced coach would have made sure that all players, that could, would have a flu vaccination. I am not saying that it works with everyone and that it would have made any difference and its only one example, however as a coach you have to pay attention to small details and this comes with time in the job.
Tooves has had to hit the ground running with more dramas that Big Brother and regardless of how our season ends I think he has done a great job.

Well said Disco I could not agree more.....This team will get togther and be 110% fit and get on a roll......

Dyami said:
An experienced coach would have made sure that all players, that could, would have a flu vaccination.
I would bet that they all did.

I had one this year for the first time and about six weeks later got the worse case of flu I have ever had, was off work for about 8 days and am still coughing at times a month later.

Utility Player said:
Dyami said:
An experienced coach would have made sure that all players, that could, would have a flu vaccination.
I would bet that they all did.

I had one this year for the first time and about six weeks later got the worse case of flu I have ever had, was off work for about 8 days and am still coughing at times a month later.
Ding Ding Ding!!!!!

My sister is a nurse and i was having this discussion with her, there are so many different strains of the flu that the flu shot whilst limiting the risk well never work 100%

I agree with the original post we are yet to see what this team at full strength can do, im not even that concerned about the top 4 I think at full strength and firing we could win it from 5th or 6th

Does anyone know what our win/loss ratio has been when Brett Stewart has not played this year?

We seem to really struggle when he is not there. Not only his attack but our defence struggles big time when he is out. There has been a few games this year where he has saved certain tries from his defence.

I really hope we sign him up this week

Yep i know we have had injuries but all clubs have had them. It does not mean we don't have some attitude issues, losing to all the bottom feeders is proof of this. I hope Toovey can turn things around starting with the Dogs game :)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6