Do you guys remember the 02/03 slump into the 04 rebuild? part 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

adam355

guys remember 03 and the years before we'd just come out of those terrible northern beagles years and gone worse in 03 with players like jason ferris, aaron cannings and choc and that were just kids that come on the scene.

Im sure 03 was the year we finished 14 1 off our first wodden spoon title, those were the worst years getting flogged at brookie in think panthers put 70 odd points on us, we had a coach that didnt want to be there at the end of 03 he was gone.

04 was fast coming with new names of 'Des Hasler" and "michael monaghan' I remember sitting at brooky at the back end of the 03 season watching them play canberra and they had some sms comp at half time to guess which canberra halfback was making his way to manly in 04 of course it was monas.

we kiked 03 good by in the early 04 pre season, we had a heap of good buys thanks to des taking over mr cleal working his magic and a whole heap of cash to by some descent players, the likes of dan heckenberg mick witt monas etc....i cant remember them all. this was the start of our time our rebuild towards glory in4 years time we all felt great about the new changes at brooky.

the 04 pre season saw the boys getting flogged on major beach fitness and army like drills rope climbs etc... they were fit making good combos, i know i couldnt wait for that year of footy to start we went great we were on top of the ladder which smacked all haters between the teeth until we faced brisbane and they knocked us off which was nothing.

how good were those 4 years leading up to our day in 08 the glory of our year was bliss it showed we were on a great roll we were tough and were not going to take a step back those terrible years a great wake up call had an awsome rebuild. check out part 2 of my rant

You're one year too early.  We were crap in 2004 and it was then that Penrif put 72 on us.  This site was born within days of that loss.

Matabele link said:
You're one year too early.  We were crap in 2004 and it was then that Penrif put 72 on us.  This site was born within days of that loss.
lol. True.

my 1st game back after the beagles was with monas at the helm
im not sure but i think 05 was the worst of it,parra knocked us out 1st week of the semis after leading the comp half way through due to Monas and the retention team not getting along
He left because he wanted a 7,his back in 9 at england,funny that

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4