do you like the new NRL Logo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

do you like the new NRL Logo

• Total voters

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
31871_4_1.jpg

The bottom half looks pretty good to me but the Telstra logo and the NRL text look like ****e.
Always amazes me that designers can get away with such crap and organisations take it and pay them big bikkies!

I don't mind the trophy, but the Telstra logo on top looks cheap and tacky.

its better than the old one.

Yes i like , but i think the previous logo was more attractive one.
The main thing about logo is that it give the identity to a team so it should more attractive.

No. Too bright. Conflicts with team colours.
It needs to be dark green or dark blue.
Bright colours makes it look johnny come lately, no history.

the 't' on top looks as if they designed the rest & then thought 'crap, we forgot the telstra bit' so the stuck it on with photoshop

I can imagine how the negotiations for the naming rights for the comp went with the Telstra Lawyers asking for the T to be predominant in the logo.

League is such a whore of a game.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
It should have had Telstra's phone number on there somewhere.

Mate they don't advertise their phone number because all their customers would be calling to complain.

Agree with most other sentiments. The telstra logo detracts from it & makes it look tacky. Probably exactly what telstra wanted.

The Nrl is so insecure it would allow a sponsor to be incorporated into its logo. They need to grow a pair and say take it or leave it. Seriously. That is going to be in every little kids mind who is lucky enough to get his team jersey tho year. Subliminal impact like that better not have been undersold! But it will have been. Pure tacky crass subservience to a sponsor dollar that wags the Nrl dog. Pathetic.

Not sure I'd call it subliminal. To me it screams in your face TACKY. I think it's ridiculous. It will add a childish apect to the jerseys this year. It looks like one of those Japanese cartoon logos...astro boy and the like.

It is subliminal for a seven year old who doesn't pay a phone bill. The reason they sponsor a comp like this in the first place is to get access to those kids at sixteen and seventeen when they sign up to their first phone deal.

Most kids at 16 or 17 and younger are fully exposed to phone companies due to mobile usage. I'm sure they know exactly who Telstra, Optus, Vodafone etc are by then. When you can buy a pre paid mobile phone for $20 or $40, and a sim pack for $2, kids as young as 10 & 11 have phones (supplied by parents). Telstras money is as good as anyones when it comes to sponsorship. I don't think there are any evil hidden agendas. Us parents will guide our kids straight enough. ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6