Do you think it will sink in now ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Will Des finally concede that Jamie Lyon is a far better centre than 5/8 ?

Lyon looked awesome in the first half with a bit of space against an international class opposite in Brent Tate. Bell on the other hand was ineffective again and must be looking nervously over his shoulder at the imminent return of Matai.

Not sure it has really. At the press conference Des still seemed to think Lyon was a 5/8. Best game I've seen from Lyon tbh.

I think Lyon look as dangerous as any other center in the game tonight.

No, I don't think it will sink in. Des said something in the post match interviews along the lines of 'just cause he had a good game and we won by 46 and beaver was great, doesn't mean Lyon isn't a 5/8th.

I think he'll be straight back with the 6 on his back the minute Matai returns.

Cletus link said:
Best game I've seen from Lyon tbh.

Lyon's best game since 2003.

Flip link said:
No, I don't think it will sink in. Des said something in the post match interviews along the lines of 'just cause he had a good game and we won by 46 and beaver was great, doesn't mean Lyon isn't a 5/8th.

Saddest thing about this was how the question had been aimed at Ox (obviously because the journos know how defensive Des is when questions about Lyon at 6 are asked), but Des thought it was time to stand in and defend his own honour. Fair enough though, Killer has copped plenty over the past couple of weeks, Des probably felt he had to defend his players while he had the chance.

I thought Beaver actually really looked good at 5/8 this week !!

Re Des...he's WAY too stubborn to admit he's wrong. It's a school teacher thing (he used to be a school teacher) - I'm right, aren't I Canteen !!

Yes Hasler was a schoolie, primary trained.  If Hasler puts Lyon back at 5/8 he's a true fukwitt.  On Witt, I thought he played his best game for us in years.

maybe thats his problem, trained in primary teaching but used to teach high school students at pius

It's been bloody obvious since before round one. Not just Killer at left centre.

. Orford ran at the line.
. Ballin ran at the line.
. Ballin kicked.
. Lyon played left centre.
. B Stewart chimed in as a ball player
. Menzies had input to the attack.

I don't think it took a genius to work that shyte out.
Fuggen obvious to me & I'm sure to anyone who has a clue, before the start of the season.

DSM5 link said:
Yes Hasler was a schoolie, primary trained.  If Hasler puts Lyon back at 5/8 he's a true fukwitt.  On Witt, I thought he played his best game for us in years.

Very well said, couldnt have said it any better myself

;)

Cletus link said:
Not sure it has really. At the press conference Des still seemed to think Lyon was a 5/8. Best game I've seen from Lyon tbh.
  At the press conference he hedged his bets and wouldn't commit to Lyon being returned to the 6. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2