Does anyone remember?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Umiwashi

In his playing days Bobby Fulton used to just about sprint off the field after Manly had lost.

I used to go to Sydney for the school holidays in the mid 70s and I noticed it. RLW also picked up on it and featured a small article on it. I can't really remember what was actually said but it was something along the lines of Fulton saying, 'losers don't hang around'.

Now, I am not having a crack at the present team (Manly will come out of last night's loss stronger), but it is interesting to see how things have changed right across the board with the athletes of today.

Then again, using Fulton as an example is probably not appropriate. His competitiveness was frightening.

Let's hope the current squad have finally started to hate losing or they will be tasting more of it.

I cannot stand how players hang around on the field after a game. Chatting and drinking Gatorade with the opposition. Should be giving a simple and curteous "well played" and hand shake and get off the field. Go back to the sheds and get your ass kicked again by the coach. None of this laughing with the guy who had just smashed you.
With players changing clubs regularly these days they have mates all over the place it I still wish they would take it off the field.

eagleE said:
I cannot stand how players hang around on the field after a game. Chatting and drinking Gatorade with the opposition. Should be giving a simple and curteous "well played" and hand shake and get off the field. Go back to the sheds and get your ass kicked again by the coach. None of this laughing with the guy who had just smashed you.
With players changing clubs regularly these days they have mates all over the place it I still wish they would take it off the field.
This has pissed me off for a while. Idris the other week when they were playing the Dogs looked like he was deadst gunna root all his ex-team mates on the field at full time after being flogged by them!
At least Wolfman looked and sounded filthy when interviewed last night and jogged straight off...It's bad enough when your team loses, let alone watching them hanging around having a good old laugh like there at a BBQ. There's plenty of time to track down mates after the game.

wombatgc said:
eagleE said:
This has pissed me off for a while. Idris the other week when they were playing the Dogs looked like he was deadst gunna root all his ex-team mates on the field at full time after being flogged by them!
At least Wolfman looked and sounded filthy when interviewed last night and jogged straight off...It's bad enough when your team loses, let alone watching them hanging around having a good old laugh like there at a BBQ. There's plenty of time to track down mates after the game.

If I was wolfman I would have bene filthy at the way I played last night as well and would have run off the field and hidden under a rock.

He is a shadow of the player he used to be and needs to be let go.

I am with Fulton on this. If I play any game like **** I want to get off the field and deal with it with my team mates. I also want to address any issues straight away then I just want to get the hell home.

tookey said:
wombatgc said:
eagleE said:

If I was wolfman I would have bene filthy at the way I played last night as well and would have run off the field and hidden under a rock.

He is a shadow of the player he used to be and needs to be let go.
I thought Wolfman was one of the better ones( not giving him a wrap), at least he was having a go. As for letting him go...so Oldfield can get back in the side?:huh:

wombatgc said:
eagleE said:

I agree. Shake hands and get on your bike. Everything that needs to be said has been already above. It annoys the McCrappers out of me too..

Absolutely hate the friendly fake crap after a game & if its legit- thats worse. Shake hands & get the hell off - its sad that the fans seem more crushed than the players & an indication there was more in the tank & minds were not on the job during game time.
I realise the Northern Eagles should not be mentioned here but this scene caused me to throw my Wild Turkey can at the TV.
After getting smacked by a cricket score vs Storm, Kimmorley was laughing away with his ex teammates & the rest of the side had a clear "Who Cares" attitude, again a demonstration of why the supporters had to suffer a 60 point loss......:mad:

MK Eagle said:
Absolutely hate the friendly fake crap after a game & if its legit- thats worse. Shake hands & get the hell off - its sad that the fans seem more crushed than the players & an indication there was more in the tank & minds were not on the job during game time.
I realise the Northern Eagles should not be mentioned here but this scene caused me to throw my Wild Turkey can at the TV.
After getting smacked by a cricket score vs Storm, Kimmorley was laughing away with his ex teammates & the rest of the side had a clear "Who Cares" attitude, again a demonstration of why the supporters had to suffer a 60 point loss......:mad:

Yep another reason why I can't stand Kimmorley! He was that bad for the NEs he should have returned all his match fees with accrued interest back to the club.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4