Does Brett Have A Case To Answer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That tackle on Inglis will surely come under severe scrutiny from the match review committee.

What disgusting thing to do.

He will be charged with Preventing The Ninth Immortal From Scoring A Certain Try and Causing Upset To The Red and Green Unwashed.

He was lucky not to get pinged for holding on too long the way the referee was screaming at him.

Tackling around the legs is not what the NRL rewards. You have no time to get to marker or will get pinged for holding on too long. The NRL prefers to reward wrestling tackles that lift and push players backwards onto their neck or head.

It was a shocking show of guts and determination to stop a runaway Souffs player from scoring. Then he made it worse later by putting his body on the like to stop Sam Burgess. Slammin' Sam got slammed.

The NRL will surely make sure he doesn't get away with this sort of behaviour.

I'd say he's a fair chance to be charged with GBH for being the reason Inglis needed for "defending" himself from his missus tonight..

bob dylan said:
That tackle on Inglis will surely come under severe scrutiny from the match review committee.

What disgusting thing to do.

He will be charged with Preventing The Ninth Immortal From Scoring A Certain Try and Causing Upset To The Red and Green Unwashed.

LOL.

If there is a better defensive fullback in the comp than Snake then I haven't seen him. His "try saves" average per match would easily be the highest in the league. Freak.

Snake is a champion. Didn't see a replay but I thought the pass from Burgess to put Inglis through the gap was well forward.

No I did just see the replay.

Burgess' pass to put GI through, whilst falling to the ground, was fine.

There were a couple of others that were forward.

And the ball back inside by TRed to Ferris (that would've been a try) was very line-ball, but ruled forward against us.

Snake saved 3 tries on his own tonight.

RiverEagle said:
And the ball back inside by TRed to Ferris (that would've been a try) was very line-ball, but ruled forward against us.

Yeah, I thought he definitely threw it backwards. Because of the type of pass it was (slow and loopy) it may have floated forward, but it was definitely backwards out of the hands.

HappilyManly said:
It just goes to show, that RL tackles are effective and we don't need tha Scumo's crappy wrestles in our game :exclamation:

Not to forget the punchline HM...Starlo on report for ''cuddling'' Keary!

RiverEagle said:
No I did just see the replay.

Burgess' pass to put GI through, whilst falling to the ground, was fine.

There were a couple of others that were forward.

Snake saved 3 tries on his own tonight.
I dunno RE,looking at it again,I thought he passed it off the ground,anyway thats what I thought

RiverEagle said:
LOL. Snake was superb at the back tonight.
Not a lot of chances in attack but reads and defends so well.
9 outta 10 fullbacks don't stop Inglis there.
Including Inglis. :exclamation: He would not be able to stop himself. You know what i mean: He wouldn't have the timing and emergency speed that Snake displays, on an almost weekly basis, necessary to pull down GI from behind.:cool:

I think technically @"master blaster" the arm carrying the ball didn't touch the ground (was bloody close!) so it was OK.

And @EagleFromMay1967

We only have to look back at 2V to remember how technique in defence is all about timing (Tooves was awesome!) as is Brett.

Snake may be a yard slower these days; he may be a bit more injury-prone.

I still wouldn't swap him for anyone, including Inglis mate.

EDIT: By the way...How did your Dad enjoy the game last night?

RiverEagle said:
I think technically @"master blaster" the arm carrying the ball didn't touch the ground (was bloody close!) so it was OK.

And @EagleFromMay1967

We only have to look back at 2V to remember how technique in defence is all about timing (Tooves was awesome!) as is Brett.
Snake may be a yard slower these days; he may be a bit more injury-prone.
I still wouldn't swap him for anyone, including Inglis mate.
EDIT: By the way...How did your Dad enjoy the game last night?
He loved it. We were in the Members stand and he'd never been in it before. He's originally from the Souths area, so he didnt know who to barrack for. But he was wearing an Eagles scarf, so i guess his fifty years in DY swayed him. Pity we did not get the result, this time. But there'll be another chance.

Manly fullback Brett Srewart Facing Possible Trouble

"Manly superstar fullback Brett Stewart is set to come under review by the MRC for two tackles he made during the Sea Eagles loss to South Sydney on Friday night at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

This reporter can reveal that Stewart's try saving tackles on runaway Souths players Greg Inglis and Sam Burgess are to come under review for possibly bringing the game into disrepute. Despite repeated calls, Stewart could not be contacted to comment on the matter.

If he is charged and found guilty, Stewart could be facing up to 8 weeks on the sidelines for having the hide to stop two of the NRL's media darlings from scoring what would have been historic tries on the grand old ground in front of a national television audience.

In other news out of Friday night's top of the table match which saw the Rabbitohs crowned 2014 Premiers, the NRL have approved bonus payments for both Luke Burgess and Issac Luke after their chicken wing tackle that took Manly centre Steve Matai out of the game in just the 4th minute of play. With Matai set to spend two weeks recovering from a shoulder injury, the NRL have commended Burgess and Luke for their fine effort".

At first glance that's highly amusing mate @HoldenV8

Then you think about it and realize the deep and dark irony (certain factions would dearly wish that to be true!)

And @EagleFromMay1967

Very much a pity we didn't get the result for your Dad, Friday night.

Very glad to hear he still enjoyed the occasion (as you did beside him no doubt).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4