does fatty really support manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster71

Reserve Grader
Fattys comments last night on the footy show were a disgrace.
All he wants to do is suck up to NRL management,media and other players.

To say that brett deserved the 4weeks is just unfair.when he should be sticking up for the club that made a living for him and made him.
when you have serial offenders like Tim Smith( NRL did nothing) he was asked to leave several clubs in parramatta, Todd Carney,etc.

Just becuase he was the face of the game makes no difference. This week also a rooster player slipped under that radar for hitting a women( of course nothing happened).

The manly team, brett stewart should be disappointed. Who i really feel for besides brett is his brother GLEN. He is going to cop it from other clubs and players.
Thank you Dessi for sticking up for brett. I know you were the reason the club allowed brett to play.

Can;t wait till Brett returns in 4 weeks

Lets get out their and play footy tomorrow night

Damir

Great to hear in Ox's message that Wombat Eadie has expressed his support to the team...and Brett.

I think he supports his own ego. You just have to look at what he said last night on the Farty Show, the script writers gave him a passionate speech to make him look sincere and caring and warning players of drinking. Then during the show he tell everyone how he used to drinks 30 schooners and get his missus to pick him up. Farking hypocrite!

They might have scripted a nice speech for him but he stumbled and slurred several times while trying to read it off the tele prompter.  Was he drunk?

You blokes are kidding? What Fatty said may have been scripted but it is pretty much what a lot of supporters feel. And that is let down!

Whether Brett gets off these charges or not, or whether what Anthony Watmough did was provoked, deserved  or unwarranted does not matter.

What matters is that these blokes have let themselves, their club and their supporters down.

I've been a Manly supporter for over 30 years now and will continue to support the team and these players, but still will feel somewhat dissapointed by their behaviour. Not only "their" behaviour, but footy players in general over the last ten or so years.

A lot of NRL players do noT appreciate the job they have and, right or wrong , the role they play in the lives of footy fans.

In the long run I can take it or leave it, their behaviour will not affect my life or my kid's life but it does effect a lot of other peoples lives and they should start to realise that their actions do make a difference, whether they like it or not.

After saying all that I hope to hell that Brett is found innocent of these charges and goes on to play a big part in winning our deserved back to back titles.

I just asked myself this question, How has Brett Stewart specifically let me down?

He hasn't. Mistakes were made no doubt. He will learn from it. He got drunk and didn't know what happened. WHO HERE HASN'T DONE THAT! He is a footballer first and formost to me, as he is probably a brother first and formost to Glen and a son to his father. The only way he could let me done is not to try 100% on game day for the good of his mates and fans. (The main reason i hate inglis so much, he plays for himself and his own self glory). What part of watching a game dictates that they have to be model citizens and can't put a foot wrong?

Heres another question, If the media didn't make such a big deal from these discretion from Watmough, Stewart, Carney and Smith would there be anyway for a 12-15 year old children to know that the players are behaving badly? An article on page 5 of the sports section would suffice for most of these claims, especially that of Watmoughs.

nodd link said:
You blokes are kidding? What Fatty said may have been scripted but it is pretty much what a lot of supporters feel. And that is let down!
Nobody is questioning the scripted stuff, but later in the show he raves about the 30 schooners he used have. You don't find that hypocritcal?

Zep link said:
I just asked myself this question, How has Brett Stewart specifically let me down?

He hasn't. Mistakes were made no doubt. He will learn from it. He got drunk and didn't know what happened. WHO HERE HASN'T DONE THAT! He is a footballer first and formost to me, as he is probably a brother first and formost to Glen and a son to his father. The only way he could let me done is not to try 100% on game day for the good of his mates and fans. (The main reason i hate inglis so much, he plays for himself and his own self glory). What part of watching a game dictates that they have to be model citizens and can't put a foot wrong?

Heres another question, If the media didn't make such a big deal from these discretion from Watmough, Stewart, Carney and Smith would there be anyway for a 12-15 year old children to know that the players are behaving badly? An article on page 5 of the sports section would suffice for most of these claims, especially that of Watmoughs.

Brett has made himself a role model for kids with diabeties, thats where he has let himself and others down. If it asn't for that I would probably say good luck to him.

Agian, whether it is right or wrong, these blokes make a living where it effects kids. They need to learn this or give it all away.

I'd be happy for them just to play footy and live their lives as they wish, unfortunately with the fame and big pay packet come some responsibilties, whether they like it or we like it.

swoop link said:
[quote author=nodd link=topic=179610.msg212136#msg212136 date=1236934081]
Nobody is questioning the scripted stuff, but later in the show he raves about the 30 schooners he used have. You don't find that hypocritcal?
[/quote]

No i don't. He admitted to doing it but was he ever in trouble?

Fine go out and drink as much as you want but control yourself.

I've been drinking for 26 years and have managed to stay out of trouble.

And if you can't stay out of trouble don't drink.

And who dragged his name through mud and who more importantly allowed it and supported.

When Gaz got in trouble a few years back, Raper was on the sunday edition of footy show and he simply said the most basic of comment that had so much relevance. When he was playing they got up to the same business, they still got in trouble. The media just never printed it because they tended to be in it with them, especially on tour.

Brett has been crucified by the media and his image in the eyes of the kids have been tarnished ALL before he has been found guilty of a single thing. The media is clearly at fault for this. Stewart has done wrong in this and even though his feats on the football tell otherwise, he ain't no superman.

nodd link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=179610.msg212152#msg212152 date=1236936619]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I used to go to Western suburbs leagues club when it was at Lidcombe and if the rules enforced now were the same back then, well I can tell you most of that team would have been suspended. Drinking after a game was an accepted fact. He was never in trouble because the same codes of conduct didn't apply back then. 

The fact that Fatty was named in our greatest side ever is something I'm embarrassed about. Not that great a footballer...........not someone whose opinion I respect.

nodd link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=179610.msg212152#msg212152 date=1236936619]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You aren't a famous footballer in the public eye that others see an opportunity to also become famous. Or are you?

I don't think it matters what happened in days of yore, times have changed, the media has changed. I understand it is a bit hard for the players, but they must change with the times also.
Players used to get away with stuff, does that make it OK?

What can I say Fatty, except that was a cheap shot from someone who indulges in, brags about, and promotes the excess consumption of alcohol.

Glass houses, fatty, glass houses.

Rex link said:
What can I say Fatty, except that was a cheap shot from someone who indulges in, brags about, and promotes the excess consumption of alcohol.

Glass houses, fatty, glass houses.

In his first season or two at Manly he was charged with physically assaulting a women. Alcohol was involved. He was found not guilty.

The climate is such that most people are afraid to say what they really think, due to public perception and the manner in which the media manipulates. They are always looking for a different angle to keep this story 'burning'.

I can just see the Headlines - Fatty endorse drinking and sexual assault.

[/quote]

How do you know he didn't get in trouble and it just didn't get reported? As mentioned on this site yesterday he once bragged on the footy show about a drinking session at the Styne where all the boys were standing around the bar naked. You will find that this act is actually a criminal offence. Imagine if a player did that today.

I think it is safe to say yes Brett was drunk, he got refused service but how do you and I and everyone else know that he didn't just go 'ok that's it I'm off home. Got in a cab that dropped him off, he walks thru his front gate falls over and onto the alleged victim and the whole sh*t fight has snowballed from that. Fact is we don't know what happened after he got out of the cab so I think it is a bit harsh to say he has let people down, he is entitled to have a drink. Did he get himself in trouble OR did someone pick him out, time will tell.

Until then my son still looks up to him and wants to be him, not for what he does off the field but what he does on it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4