Does membership have rights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I had to edit your post there is no evidence that the person you mentioned leaked anything and direct accusations like this could wind up getting you ok trouble please be careful

Football Club membership is the only one that has voting rights attached to it.

Sea Eagles membership is just a supporter type membership, it gives you no voting rights for anything.

Have a look here

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/about/corporate-structure.html

or here

http://manlyfootballclub.com.au/index.php/mwse-family

for an explanation of the structure of teh club.

Thanks C&C, but although membership has no rights...has it any power or a voice in numbers??

Just last AGM, the FC Members voted in a Board that will sit for 2 years. We had a choice of two Tickets, the Members voted in the sitting Board by a 3:2 majority.

One Owner Company has 2/7th votes of the Manly Sea Eagles entity.
Penns also have 2/7 plus control of the 1/7 that the LC gave them in exchange for paying down their debt. The Penns also choose to nominate, as is their right, Peters as one of their representatives on the private entity that is Manly Sea Eagles.
So FC or LC members have zero direct votes on the entity.

The FC owns the colours, emblem via Preference Shares in the private entity named Manly Sea Eagles.
The FC also has two seats on this Board, or 2/7th voting power.

The Leagues Club is trading insolvent.
Sold their only voting share to the Penns who owns all the land that the Club and carpark sit on.

So Football Club Membership $25pa gives you a voice by electing a FC Board of your choosing.

Ticketed Season Memberships give you priority ticket sales for Finals and Rep Games. Plus 10% discount on Club gear.

its really not ****ing worth asking a real question, before its taken over by fwits like jatz and his moderators...

Frogz said:
Thanks C&C, but although membership has no rights...has it any power or a voice in numbers??

To get the thread back in topic and stop being a fwit for a moment.

Like any democracy you have the freedom of association and freedom of speech to lobby the mwse entity by weight of numbers . That is you can 'vote' with your feet and not renew your membership if you are unhappy about something. However Sea Eagles membership doesn't entitle you to any specific rights in determining who represents the club or acts on their behalf. That is a matter for the private owners individually.

You can of course vote in the football club representatives if you are a member of the mwrlfc. You can in fact nominate yourself for election as well shpuld you wish. This is the only avenue open to you to cast a vote per se.

The other option (which I dream of regularly) is to become extremely wealthy and buy a controlling share of the Sea Eagles. You then could quite comfortably hire and fire whoever you liked.

well obviously u cant delete a post anymore when it suits some...just asked a question with a purpose but u cant seem to do that any more, nor can u return serve...I don't know u either but really go ... yourselves......cant have a sensible chat anymore...listen to all your sh1t and its quite boring...I am a manly fan for 40 years and am sick and tired of the minority load of FWITS...led by the moderators....what a pack of ... they are...I pay my premium...I pay for tipping comp...I pay for the lot and get sh1t for the priviledge..... off...good bye....

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8