Does Russell Crowe own Ch 9

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
What an I love the rabbits show this is....For Christ sake channel 9 lets get back to being impartial....

NO, no, no, the 10min I love GI intro was a great way to grow the 'game'.

The game obv being get GI an even bigger contract.

globaleagle said:

It is sickening, but that is commercial TV for you. They want you to believe you might be about to see the greatest of all time, and therefore not change channels. No matter how boring and predictable the game looks.

Last year it was the wunder-kind Barba, before that Slater, etc etc.

So much puerile gushing, but there is a reason for it. They want bums on couches.

globaleagle said:

It is sickening, but that is commercial TV for you. They want you to believe you might be about to see the greatest of all time, and therefore not change channels. No matter how boring and predictable the game looks.

Last year it was the wunder-kind Barba, before that Slater, etc etc.

So much puerile gushing, but there is a reason for it. They want bums on couches.

Love how Ch Nein like to put a cheat,liar and woman basher up on a pedestal as their golden boy. Just goes to show how pathetic the media is.

Love how Ch Nein like to put a cheat,liar and woman basher up on a pedestal as their golden boy. Just goes to show how pathetic the media is.

Did anyone see the Channel 9 ad for their mouth-watering Sunday arvo replay, Storm v Eels? They are promoting it by saying Storm might rack up the biggest score by any team in history. Some advertising guru's brainwave.

what stunned me was that half a leg Greg didnt get MOM,was listening to it while working last night,the way Andrew Moore was carrying on about him,it was like his leg kept on falling off,and then he,d screw it back on and set up the bunnies next try,Moore is trying to be like hadley too much,Moore and Moore each game,just be yourself Andrew

master blaster said:
what stunned me was that half a leg Greg didnt get MOM,was listening to it while working last night,the way Andrew Moore was carrying on about him,it was like his leg kept on falling off,and then he,d screw it back on and set up the bunnies next try,Moore is trying to be like hadley too much,Moore and Moore each game,just be yourself Andrew

Maybe they think he's Steve Austin the $6 million dollar man. He had replaceable legs, arms and eyes from memory. Oh the 70's were such a great time to live sorry for all you young'uns that never got to see riveting TV like that.

But on a serious note it appears that everything went to plan for channel nine last night the wabbits may still get their elusive grand final win.

I didn't watch the game as Manly weren't playing in it. Were there any peculiar penalties? Oops sorry I forgot they were playing the dogs sorry about that Todd.:)

I really don't know why you lot bother watching. The NRL and their smarmy referees have lost me but for Manly games. Channel lost me a long time ago when they persevered with the senile old man and his painful sidekick.

Daddycool08 said:
Maybe they think he's Steve Austin the $6 million dollar man. He had replaceable legs, arms and eyes from memory. Oh the 70's were such a great time to live sorry for all you young'uns that never got to see riveting TV like that.

Bionic left eye :cool:
Bionic Right arm
Bionic legs.

Na na NA naaaaaa
de de de de
Na na na naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

globaleagle said:
Daddycool08 said:

Bionic left eye :cool:
Bionic Right arm
Bionic legs.

Na na NA naaaaaa
de de de de
Na na na naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't think he's worth $6 mill now after depreciation. He's written down to about $1,500 or there about. :cool:

What I have to laugh at with Nine is how every year they promote someone as just about the best player ever, and its been the fullbacks lately. Last year the best FB was supposedly Ben Barba, with passing references to Inglis and Slater. Now Barba is a basket case and suddenly GI is the flavor of the month again. Before them it was Billy Slater and Jarryd Hayne (thanks to the one decent season he's actually had in his career), while Snake when healthy sometimes got a mention.

Nine have a love affair with the games so-called superstars and that will never change. How else do the likes of Andrew Johns, Darren Lockyer, Brad Fittler and Wally Lewis have cushy commentary gigs? That lot are a prime example that great players don't always make good commentators. Its a boys club at Nine and nothing will change.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6