Dogs 2014 Premiers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Looks like Hasler will get the Dogs that premiership this year.

All they need is a referee like Hayne or Cummins in the big matches, referees who have a narrow 10 metres and don't police the ruck. Manly rely too heavily on centres and wingers to score out wide to be a threat, I don't think it's gonna happen in the finals.

Maybe the return of Stewart and Watmough might help our cause in tight matches, maybe King could step up for the final series, but he never has before, as I have said our best years have been when he has been out injured.

I guess the NRL will ensure they play us (for the Hasler vs his old team rubbish)or their own favourites Souths in the Grand Final.

No.

We will up the ante when it matters.

Match anyone's forwards; overcome any expected bias from the pink; and the class of our halves and execution of our outside backs will do the rest.

Have a better Sunday, bob.

Foz and Chezza and Matai and Lyon and Choc and Gifty and Snake and Taufua and Lawrence will have something to say about that.
I foresee the boys lifting to heights they have never lifted to before, in order to send Gifty out a winner this year

Don't get me wrong we have the best team. It's just that Hasler has devised a plan that will overcome poor and out of control refereeing.

His game plan hides the fact his Backline, with the exception of Josh Morris, is pathetic.

I was just havingthis coversation with my cousin yesterday. It between Dogs and Manly this year, however I feel Des will also have his big forwards primed to play a massive power game. They will be hard to beat..

bob dylan said:
Looks like Hasler will get the Dogs that premiership this year.

All they need is a referee like Hayne or Cummins in the big matches, referees who have a narrow 10 metres and don't police the ruck. Manly rely too heavily on centres and wingers to score out wide to be a threat, I don't think it's gonna happen in the finals.

Maybe the return of Stewart and Watmough might help our cause in tight matches, maybe King could step up for the final series, but he never has before, as I have said our best years have been when he has been out injured.

I guess the NRL will ensure they play us (for the Hasler vs his old team rubbish)or their own favourites Souths in the Grand Final.

Same thing happened in 1982 & 83. Got to the grand final with backline plays and then Jack Gibosn banked on the referees not bothering with penalties and the 5m rule. He was right both times.

Whether the cards fall as Manly v the Dogs, or Manly rematch the Rorters, I don't really mind.

Whilst we can't do much against relentless errors (like last year) if we get close to an even contest, we'll be very hard to hold back.

And I have faith in Tooves.

Don't underestimate the championship mentality of our little master!

bob dylan said:
Don't get me wrong we have the best team. It's just that Hasler has devised a plan that will overcome poor and out of control refereeing.

His game plan hides the fact his Backline, with the exception of Josh Morris, is pathetic.

Hasler is definitely a clever man and his game plan going forward will cover for his teams weaknesses, but i think the overall strength of our boys will win out in the end. No matter how good his game plan is it wont win out over the collective talent of our best-in-comp halves combination, and the rest of our team on angry pills for Giftys last few games.

Expect a blinder of a finals series from Snake too.
If he fires = the refs will have to cheat for us to lose the grand final. And as we've seen before thats not difficult to do

the mauler said:
Full strength we've got them and everyone else covered.

Yes, but as @bob dylan said, the only problem is we haven't got the refs covered.

Haven't got Des covered either but hopefully (and I think they will be) knocked out before the GF.

Rubbish, at full strength in a big game we lap the dirty Dogs easily. We played crap in that last game against them, i would not use that as a gauge.

De$ was at the waratahs game last Sunday either looking for a new job or watching how teams deal with the 850 penalties per game.

The Eagles can only control matters which they can control. A big 10 metres, quick plays of the balls and a lack of forward pass calls from refs are none one of them. Lets not forget they sit atop of the premiership tree. We just need to be better with what we can do and be able to respond to what ever the refs and opposition throw at us.

All the front rowers playing at the Bulldogs and Bunnies does make it hard.

What happened to Hasler's great game plan in the first game at Brookvale ??? . If Hasler was so great with his games plans the dogs would not have gotten humiliated in that game .
We played **** in game 2 and they just managed to beat us . Great game plan Hasler lol :)

I think the thought of scumdogs winning the title is a disgrace and i think the thought is what haunts us....

Their forwards win them their games...

have they been convincing this year ????

lucky against the rabbits & roosters, scraped through against the warriors.

i must say a good win for them against storm last night , but again made less tackles and won by only a conversion , storm had a few chances to kick for goal in the first half , if so game is different...

looks like they will finish top 4 , ( which is a worry ) but how much longer can their forwards play the power game ???

turn their big overgrown ape of men around and they wont last 80 mins...

Manly has more class from 1 - 17 , & if the ball bounces our way well then
" shut the gate " !!!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8