Dogs and the cap!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Whispers regarding the above seem to be getting a little louder. Apparently people that matter are feeling a little nervous about there incessant pilfering and upgrading of current contracts.

Kevinward777 said:
Whispers regarding the above seem to be getting a little louder. Apparently people that matter are feeling a little nervous about there incessant pilfering and upgrading of current contracts.

Theyl be right, theyve just lost Wright,that should balance the books.

the mauler said:
Kevinward777 said:

Theyl be right, theyve just lost Wright,that should balance the books.
Yeah, that's a real massive loss for them.

Surely Barba and Reynolds will need to be upgraded very soon? Barba will command big dollars and Reynold's contract will need to be beefed up as well. Add to that T-Rex next year! How long is Inu going to play for 50,000 bucks a year? Tapau,Finucane and Jackson are all up and comers that other clubs should be looking at...there can't be anything left for them!!! They will need a very good accountant in the next few years...

Its a pity they dont include lifting the whole coaching establishment of another club under the salary cap. That alone would put the flea beagles over the cap. Can't develop their own coaching staff let alone playing talent. A joke of a club.

its a no brainer.... de$ will back-end everyones contracts to re-sign those he wants to keep and leave just as they are about to come off contract again!
at least i hope that happens

Moops said:
Surely Barba and Reynolds will need to be upgraded very soon? Barba will command big dollars and Reynold's contract will need to be beefed up as well. Add to that T-Rex next year! How long is Inu going to play for 50,000 bucks a year? Tapau,Finucane and Jackson are all up and comers that other clubs should be looking at...there can't be anything left for them!!! They will need a very good accountant in the next few years...

All they need is a second set of books. It worked for melbourne ;)

Kris keating just re-signed for 2 more years. Does that mean dogkinson is heading elsewhere to free up cap. Surely Keating was cheaper than the overs they paid dogkinson.

Everything has seemed suspect there for a while even pre mid season international signings & upgrades for players like Reynolds who has gone from bare minimum to $300,000 plus. Throw in the Hodkinson style players they paid massive overs for & it stinks of Storm de ja vu.
The thing is in 2012 I want Manly to win the GF regardless to rub it in more.
The fact Storm cheated us out of the 2007 premiership does not help us, we still dont own it in the record books.
No doubt the Dogs have leapfrogged Storm & Illawarra as my most despised team in the NRL.

What more is the fact that when players like Reynolds resigns with the poodles or the bunnies no7 has resigned with the club I haven’t read anything about $ value for them,

But when negotiations were on for our halves paring earlier this year to resign, the papers were all over it and helping to incite fan backlash and increased deals.

That will do me what a joke.

Foxsports.com. reporting "canterbury-bankstown bulldogs to keep sydney roosters halfback mitchell pearce in their sights". He wouldn't be cheap.

Many say the same about our team and still are, hell we even have some of our posters saying all of our players are in the top 5 in their position! But we all keep the faith with our team, and let's be honest many here said the dogs wouldn't make the 8 with their squad.

Just because they are performing above expectations doesn't mean the players are on overs, some of those guys in the dogs squad mentioned are on minimal contracts. Unless otherwise proven I will believe they are legit, if they aren't I will be vicious in my condemnation.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Foxsports.com. reporting "canterbury-bankstown bulldogs to keep sydney roosters halfback mitchell pearce in their sights". He wouldn't be cheap.

Yep the quality of a Great Wall ute but at a BMW price tag.

I'd say our roster is worth more than theirs. Our whole backline except for Tafua have represented their country. Our starting forward back are all internationals or SOO players. We shouldn't be casting too many stones

Chip and Chase said:
I'd say our roster is worth more than theirs. Our whole backline except for Tafua have represented their country. Our starting forward back are all internationals or SOO players. We shouldn't be casting too many stones

Agreed. The mongrels roster really isn't all that talented (outside of Barba). Desmond has them playing out of their skins. They are like a team of misfits that has been pulled together.

voicefromthehill said:
Many say the same about our team and still are, hell we even have some of our posters saying all of our players are in the top 5 in their position! But we all keep the faith with our team, and let's be honest many here said the dogs wouldn't make the 8 with their squad.

Just because they are performing above expectations doesn't mean the players are on overs, some of those guys in the dogs squad mentioned are on minimal contracts. Unless otherwise proven I will believe they are legit, if they aren't I will be vicious in my condemnation.

Look at how many players we have let go during our premiership run from 2007. We also have many more players who have been with us for 8 plus years entitled to discounts. The players themselves often claim they stay for less than what they could get elsewhere, stating lifestyle and comraderie. The Dogs paid overs for a lot of their roster eg Josh Morris, Dogkinson, Pritchard, Tolman, Stagg, Ennis to atttract them to a club that at the time was pathetic. Much like the current Eels.

So the Dogs currently look something like this

1Barba-big money over the next few years
2Turner-re signed
3Inu-big upgrade from current$50 000/Lafai-upgraded
4Morris-on big $
5Perret(and his brother)signed mid year on 4 year deal
6Reynolds-will command a BIG upgrade
7Kris Keating(upgraded on a 2 year deal)/Dogkinson $275000
8Graham-on BIG $
9Ennis-on big $
10Kasiano-upgraded on new 3 year deal
11Pritchard-BIG $ signing
12Halatau-Re signed decent coin
13Stagg-was signed on big $ yet to be re signed

14Tolman-Big $ signing from Storm
15Eastwood-Big $ signing from UK Super League
16-Payne-???
18-Finnucane
19-Gavet(Des told me to sign with the Bulldogs a year before he got their)
20-Tapau
21-Jackson
22-Lafai
23-Dogkinson
24-Mitch Browne(another mid season signing)
25-T Rex on reported $650 000 contract
there are a few others but I couldn't be bothered straining my brain.

Unfortunately the geographic location of Belmore can't be used as a reason for wanting to go to the Dog's......they got Des to coach their but he sure as hell won't be moving their!

T-rex signed apparently for 600k
INU- paid 50k this year then 200k+ next two seasons
Sam Perrett as above but not on a contract as big as Inu.
Kasiano resigned recently for a reported 400k per year
Halatau re-signed must be getting at least 200k
Keating re-signed for another 2 years on about 150k

The you've got Barba, who would command top dollar, Reynolds will probably test the market but his value would have skyrocketed, then you've got the likes of Graham, Tolman, Pritchard and Eniss.

They are linked to just about every player that's off-contract.

We keep hearing that there are 12 players off-contract but they have to re-sign 2 or 3 of them. I suppose time will tell.

The salary cap juggle is something us mere mortals can't even begin to comprehend. Reynolds, Finucane, Jackson etc would be on base deals at best, depends on how long their current deals are as to what pressure it puts on their cap down the track. Ennis, Eastwood, Stagg cant command the money that theyre on now in the future. That plus any success / injuries etc that comes their way. It's always easier at contract talk time if you're a premiership winner - and none of them are yet!
Just one persons thoughts and speculation which is what this forum runs on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4