Dogs game the crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
I couldnt get to the game but I see there was 16k there.

What was the atmosphere like, did the crowd boo dessie etc or was there any issues with the dogs fans?

Hasler Not really from what I could see and there were no issues with the Dogs fans except the canteen ran out of Tabouli.

Very good atmosphere, I thought the crowd really got into it.

Again it felt like a lot more than 16,800. I'm sure there is something wrong with the counters. It was the fullest the oval has been this year. Great atmosphere.
And still, in round 20, our renovations are not complete.

From where I sat, in front of a TV, the crowd got into it at the beginning and towards the 3/4 mark and virtually no time else.

Seemed disappointing compared to the hype on here and elsewhere earlier in the day.

I was at the game and the stands were chockers and we were jam packed on the hill so I was expecting 19000. I would say the addition to the Jane try stand has reduced capacity. From what I could see the crowd was well behaved however as we were exiting behind the hill a group of bulldogs supporters were absolutely giving it to us and were threatening to come down the hill for a fight. They were disgusting simulating sex acts etc. Unfortunately a few of our supporters stooped to their level and threw half empty beer cans at them. Sad end to a great (aside from result) night.

Sheikheagle said:
I was at the game and the stands were chockers and we were jam packed on the hill so I was expecting 19000. I would say the addition to the Jane try stand has reduced capacity. From what I could see the crowd was well behaved however as we were exiting behind the hill a group of bulldogs supporters were absolutely giving it to us and were threatening to come down the hill for a fight. They were disgusting simulating sex acts etc. Unfortunately a few of our supporters stooped to their level and threw half empty beer cans at them. Sad end to a great (aside from result) night.

let me guess they were Lebanese Australians

Darren said:
On the tele it looked packed with the Dogs. They were going mental on the coverage whne Barba scored. They came out of the woodwork. We would have got 40k at SFS.

Nope, the crowd would have been lucky to be 15,000 at the SFS.

It illustrates the fact Brookie is not good enough for games like this anymore. This game should've been played at the SFS would've got 25k+. Instead of taking next week to Perth that game should also be at SFS.

mickqld said:
It illustrates the fact Brookie is not good enough for games like this anymore. This game should've been played at the SFS would've got 25k+. Instead of taking next week to Perth that game should also be at SFS.

Great idea. Let's move all our games to grounds where we'll be outnumbered.

The SFS is a hole. No need to encourage it to exist. Great location but crap place to watch footy.

Brookie eats it.

Not every game but games like this should be 30 k plus! Huge dollars there! The hatred, build up, passion, get back at Des and we get 16k???

Darren said:
Not every game but games like this should be 30 k plus! Huge dollars there! The hatred, build up, passion, get back at Des and we get 16k???

You do realise that if it was 30k that 20 of them would be dog turds don't you?

Basically it would be tough for the club to justify a fancy stadium that holds 25k if we can't get more than 20k for this game especially with the build up.
Wouldn't of been better at any other ground unless we expect other clubs supporters to add huge numbers. Which won't happen.

Darren said:

Here we go again, eh Darren. The ground was packed. There were far less Berries supporters than I thought there would be - possibly 800-1,000.
I can't believe that this ground would once hold 27,000 (I was there)has been configured so badly that it now holds 10,000 less. This doesn't ring true to me. I reckon we could have squeezed in another 2,000 max. There is one small section still unfinished, but that doesn't account for the discrepency in numbers.
Please stop banging on about playing at the SFS. Brookie is our home and it's the best ground in Sydney to watch matches from, and generates the most intense atmosphere. I bet if you asked the few Berries fans that attended they would tell you how much better the game was than those played at cavernous stadia.

They post a crowd 2000 more than at the Parra game ?

If there were 14000 at that game there were at least 18000 there last night.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9