Dogs have big problems . . .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
. . . when Kassiano (sic) and Pritchard are off the field. They looked terrific when these two man mountains were terrorising Illawarra, but once they were injured/rested the Dogs looked insipid.

I think we all realise that this comp will be won by the team that has the least injuries to its key men. Every team is vulnerable.

If we can get T-Rex, Matai, Wolfie back (without further injuries) then we will go BtoB.

I think it was more to do with possession, read somewhere that the dogs only had possession in 5 of 20 sets in the period saints put on the points.

We were cheering the Saints home. What a pity they didn't come away with the win. That would be Hasler's first ever win there. No wonder he looked satisfied at the end.

If a team like us or Melbourne play the dogs we win 8/10.
Both Manly and Melbourne can lift a gear and love the trench warfare style of play in the forwards Dogs still rely on impact.

I think at full strength Manly, Storm and Broncos are all a touch ahead of the Dogs but they are improving very quickly and will be a top 4 team next year with Trex. Our only real weakness is our forwards which is the Dogs biggest strength. To win GF's you need more then a good forward pack imo.

torana355 said:
I think at full strength Manly, Storm and Broncos are all a touch ahead of the Dogs but they are improving very quickly and will be a top 4 team next year with Trex. Our only real weakness is our forwards which is the Dogs biggest strength. To win GF's you need more then a good forward pack imo.

Get into trench warfare (ironically what Warren Ryan made the Dogs famous for) and they'll wilter.

You need forwards that'll do the pig work and Des has Graham on the bench (he can play 70 minutes easy), Tolman I believe is being told to look elsewhere and Stagg has signed with the Knights.
In there place his signed Kasiano, Pritchard and Williams all good players but play minimum minutes.
Yes, they'll make the 8 next season but when push comes to shove and they play a side that is desperate they'll come up short

Phantar said:
We were cheering the Saints home. What a pity they didn't come away with the win. That would be Hasler's first ever win there. No wonder he looked satisfied at the end.
Des woulda been coaching the face slapping game maybe ?

torana355 said:

Our biggest weakness is our forwards? Um, don't we have a forward pack made up of Australian representatives and Ex state of Origin representatives. Who does the dogs have that has played rep footy? P Ennis. Give me our forward pack anyday.

I think our wingers are our biggest weakness. They are the only blokes who haven't played at representative level. Hopefully in time they will though.

Utility Player said:
I think it was more to do with possession, read somewhere that the dogs only had possession in 5 of 20 sets in the period saints put on the points.
Correct.

Though I do agree that we lost impact when Kas and Franky came off.

Graham did 143m last night which is impressive, though like Tolman they are workhorses.

I'm blown away actually how much passing our forwards are doing this year. I can't remember the last time the Dogs had a forward pack capable of offloading so much.

True re Stagg, I believe he is on the move. Tolman I've heard is fine where he is.

MPC75 said:
torana355 said:

Our biggest weakness is our forwards? Um, don't we have a forward pack made up of Australian representatives and Ex state of Origin representatives. Who does the dogs have that has played rep footy? P Ennis. Give me our forward pack anyday.

I think our wingers are our biggest weakness. They are the only blokes who haven't played at representative level. Hopefully in time they will though.

King is still decent but Kite does not bend the line anymore. Rose is good and can bend the line but his fitness means he can not play long minutes effectively. Kasiano may not have played Rep footy but he will in future and i would swap him for any of our front rowers in a heartbeat. If you think our forward pack is better then the Dogs then i must be watching another game. Our second row is better but not our front rowers.

I thought the Dogs played to their ability last night. The Goons though were terrible. Hornby is playing one season to long and they lacked any creativity. The following game was far superior. Both the Broncs and the Cows would have beaten the Dogs easily imo. At the back end of the game they were ripe for the picking, it's just that the Goons couldn't. We would have.

Why all the talk about rival clubs. Hasn't anyone got any hot gossip about whether Brett Stewart and Matt Ballin are staying or not.

Where is Rambofan when you need him. Someone to light up this site and get some amusement happenning. Boring threads, I need excitement, time to go outside and watch the grass grow, that should add some spice to life for a while.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Phantar said:
Des woulda been coaching the face slapping game maybe ?

We won that game (2003) Kiwi. Peter Sharp was the coach. One of the very few (Manly) bright spots that season.

torana355 said:
MPC75 said:
torana355 said:

King is still decent but Kite does not bend the line anymore. Rose is good and can bend the line but his fitness means he can not play long minutes effectively. Kasiano may not have played Rep footy but he will in future and i would swap him for any of our front rowers in a heartbeat. If you think our forward pack is better then the Dogs then i must be watching another game. Our second row is better but not our front rowers.

We can beg to differ on this one. Kasiano has potential, but for the rest I wouldn't swap any of our guys for theirs. Like i said, in my opinion our only weakness (when at full strength) is our wingers. The bulldogs can be exposed pretty easily. The game plan against them is similar to the warriors, kick long and deep and turn the big boys around. Next time we play the dogs I would be inclined to run Buhrer out of dummy half late in each half. Quick play the balls and speed out of the ruck will hurt them big time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6