Dogs lure Manly bound James Gavet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I never heard that he was to sign with Manly and while Des may have convinced this guy to sign with the Dogs, he is not going to be happy with what Gavet told the press. It certainly supports the Board's stance and clearly shows what he was up to.

''Des wanted me to come to Manly at the beginning of 2011, and I turned him down but then at the end of the year I ended up making the move because he wanted me to come across,'' Gavet revealed.

''Then he told me he was moving across to the Bulldogs a year later anyway so he said you might as well go and sign there for two years, and he would see me here. But he came a year early so it has been a blessing.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/the-des-effect-swoop-on-prop-shows-hasler-is-thinking-ahead-20120426-1xo32.html#ixzz1t9kU16JS

''Then he told me he was moving across to the Bulldogs a year later anyway so he said you might as well go and sign there for two years, and he would see me here. But he came a year early so it has been a blessing.''

That quote just shows you how Hasler was operating whilst still under contract with us. Very weak!

mcatt said:

That quote just shows you how Hasler was operating whilst still under contract with us. Very weak!

absolutely. If true, it clearly illustrates he was working for the Dogs whilst still getting paid by us.

Wow. Big news.

Brad Walter is an old school chum of Andrew Webster's. Plus Dean Ritchie is godfather to Bradley's first born.

So this is clear evidence that while he was still contracted to Manly for 2012 he was already recruiting for the dogs not just for 2013 but for 2012.

Thanks Brad and James.

''He also has a great interest in the operations of the entire club, and he has a very intimate and good understanding of the commercial side of the business, which is really helpful when you are trying to run a club and not just a team. He has really engaged with a number of our key sponsors one-on-one, so he has been really good at using his profile and making them feel part of the Bulldogs' corporate network.".....sounds like Des wants to control everything there too. Watch your back Greenberg.

Brookie Brawler said:
So this is clear evidence that while he was still contracted to Manly for 2012 he was already recruiting for the dogs not just for 2013 but for 2012.

Thanks Brad and James.

Des reply

Um ah um oh um

lsz said:
This is far more incriminating than any leaked email

I couldn't believe I was reading an admission by a player that Des was negotiating to have him at the Bulldogs whilst he was still head coach of Manly.

WAMF said:
lsz said:
This is far more incriminating than any leaked email

I couldn't believe I was reading an admission by a player that Des was negotiating to have him at the Bulldogs whilst he was still head coach of Manly.

Yep i found that staggering. The only question is when did the actual conversation occur (i.e. was it during the period when Des had been stood down)

Either way not a great look

This is how it went down:

2 October 2011 - Manly win grand final
8 October 2011 - Bulldogs officially announce Hasler signing
1 November 2011 - Bulldogs announce Gavet signing
9 November 2011 - Hasler stood down
11 November 2011 - Hasler sacked

Obviously he was giving 100% of his attention to the Dogs when he was still on our payroll.

Phantar said:
Probably negotiated post-GF, when Hasler's career was in the Narrabeen 'Twilight Zone' prior to his sacking.

Doesn't matter, he was still contracted at manly until he was sacked. He shouldn't of been advising players we were courting to sign with a rival club.

Jonesyv2 said:
Phantar said:
Probably negotiated post-GF, when Hasler's career was in the Narrabeen 'Twilight Zone' prior to his sacking.

Doesn't matter, he was still contracted at manly until he was sacked. He shouldn't of been advising players we were courting to sign with a rival club.

This

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4