Dogs to sack Ivan Henjack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Have to wonder why Manly has not formed an affiliation with any Q-CUP team. I am surprised to see the Dogs lined up with our former feeder club, Sunshine Coast.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/former-broncos-coach-ivan-henjaks-longawaited-return-to-coaching-will-only-last-a-season/story-fniabn13-1226912299678

We should've never left the region.
On a positive note, finally Briggs from Burleigh gets the arse...should've got punted last year. Some very good players have had to leave because of this knob.

COMMANDER said:
Have to wonder why Manly has not formed an affiliation with any Q-CUP team. I am surprised to see the Dogs lined up with our former feeder club, Sunshine Coast.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/former-broncos-coach-ivan-henjaks-longawaited-return-to-coaching-will-only-last-a-season/story-fniabn13-1226912299678

Would love to see the mighty Sea Eagles take the Capra's under their wing. Sure, the Capra's are tangled with the Bronco's, but there is no love lost there. I was having a yarn with Hetherington just the other day about this. He tells me he would talk to any NRL team about an affiliation set up. He actually surprised me by saying that he is really good mates with Ricky Stuart, and he was hoping to get a deal done with the Eels a couple of years ago.

The SSC are terrible this year and are coming stone cold last. The Capra's are in second last spot, and beat the SSC 36 - 0 last week. There is some talent at the Capra's though. Brent Crisp (6), Smith Samau (4), Reece Baker(1), Gallen(10), Marlon Doak(7). Both the Capra's (maybe more so) and Manly would benefit from an affiliation.

Apart from that idea, Manly should look at an agreement with PNG. They're running 5th at this stage and looking OK in their first year.

You've basically got Brisbane locking up all of Brisbane with the exception of Easts (Melbourne). They have Ipswich on board as well.

Canberra has souths logan (huge league area), Melbourne has Easts, the Coast have Burleigh and Tweed.

NQ has has the Pride.

Would have been good to have the Sunshine Coast on Board, it would have been a good fit and some great players have come from there over the years.

Imagine if Manly could do a deal with CQ and wrap up all the talent that comes out of this region. People not from CQ imagine that all the kids here have posters of Bronco's or Cowboys plastered all over their walls. Believe me, they don't. A large, and growing, amount of adults in the area also believe the Bronco's are doing their best (behind the scenes) to sabotage any chance of there being an NRL licence granted here too. A split from the Bronco's would cause very little ripples in this region. The Capra's have even put the (unofficial ;)) feelers out as far as Penrith to see what can be arranged. It's worth considering.

So what happened to this....When I look thru the NSW Cup ladder I don't see Roosters, South Sydney, Parramatta Canberra, Strom etc etc...yet they can go up to QLD again. Am I missing something

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/sea-eagles-lose-manly-link/708866/

It's a bit weird we were linked with the Wyong Roos for a while there (tbh it'd be pretty cool - the Wyong Group is loaded and all we'd have to is supply them with a route to the NRL - imagine O'Meley and Stromquest interchanging with Turbojet, Sao and Andrews .)
If it was up to me partner up with the NZRL or Fiji RL (both looking to join the nswrl) - ie either Canterbury Kia's or Wellington Orca's or a new a Fijian team.
That way we're still playing in the Nsw Cup

Is it just me or would anyone else like to see this for reggies:

1. Manly
2. Newtown (easts)
3. Souths
4. Canterbury
5. Wests
6. Parra
7. Penrith
8. Wyong
9. Newcastle
10. Melbourne
11. Wynnum
12. Bris Easts
13. Tweed
14. Redcliffe
15. Souths Logan
16. Northern Pride
17. PNG
18. Fiji
19. Warriors
20. Wellington
21. Brothers
22. WA
23. Cutters
24. Albury/Newcastle Rebels

23 rounds - one rep round.

or even a knockout comp containing the likes of the Real NRL (Newcastle Rugby League), Sydney Comp, Ron Massey Comp, NSW Comp, Qld Comp run with those comps.

Just out of interest who would people like to see coach Manly lower grades?

For me:
U20's - Mark Horo or Matt Head
NSW Cup - John Ackland (should be Warriors head coach)

And given funding, noticed the NSW Cup looks stronger then every(old saying you beat Manly reserve grade you beat the NSW team), personally think they could make the finals.

eagles2win said:
It's a bit weird we were linked with the Wyong Roos for a while there (tbh it'd be pretty cool - the Wyong Group is loaded and all we'd have to is supply them with a route to the NRL - imagine O'Meley and Stromquest interchanging with Turbojet, Sao and Andrews .)
If it was up to me partner up with the NZRL or Fiji RL (both looking to join the nswrl) - ie either Canterbury Kia's or Wellington Orca's or a new a Fijian team.

I don't think O'Meley or Stromquist would like to hear this, as O'Meley is happy playing super strongly with his junior club and mentoring players young Stromquist who is likely for a residence call up this year. I'm worried for the NSW cup boys in 2 week time when they face Wyong. From all reports they have improved out of sight and sit above us on the Cup ladder. Pretty handy for a squad with no current NRL first grade...

TimandTom said:
eagles2win said:

I don't think O'Meley or Stromquist would like to hear this, as O'Meley is happy playing super strongly with his junior club and mentoring players young Stromquist who is likely for a residence call up this year. I'm worried for the NSW cup boys in 2 week time when they face Wyong. From all reports they have improved out of sight and sit above us on the Cup ladder. Pretty handy for a squad with no current NRL first grade...

Picked up Zane Tetavano over the week as well

TimandTom said:
eagles2win said:

Think I hit the nail on the head with all of the above predictions... was I not correct? LOL

Wow 36-0. I just don't understand how our NSW Cup side can consistently fail. Individually there is so much talent in that side. Perhaps @Manly2win is onto something. Ackland is a great suggestion. Achieved results where every other coach seems to struggle and is familiar with what must be the best untapped nrl nursery.

For the betterment of the game, I really believe development should be taken out of the clubs hands. It obvious that some teams have such a large junior catchment area that its too big for them to look after properly. Not sure what is the best system, but perhaps the NRL run all junior comps and set up teams in zones like the AFL u18s competition. The benefit is kids can grow up in their homes instead of moving somewhere at the age of 15 and not living with their parents. Whilst its not a problem for some kids, I've seen plenty who haven't coped and with huge talents not making the most of them because of the struggle to adjust. Of course then how do you get kids into clubs, a draft is a possibility, but you can change the rules to make it easier for teams to taken in kids from their own backyard. Not really sure what the best system is but I'm certain the way its currently done is not making the most of the talent pool available.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7