Dogs want Des now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Manly let Des go early

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • see how we are going up till round 10

• NO

• Total voters

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
according to FoxSports article
Canterbury-Bankstown ready to pounce if Manly axe outgoing coach Des Hasler early

Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg on Saturday confirmed one of rugby league's greatest coaching coups by announcing Hasler had signed a four-year $3 million deal from 2013.

Caretaker coach Jim Dymock will remain as Bulldogs coach for next season, provided the warring Sea Eagles administrators don't decide to punt Hasler a year early.

If they do, Hasler's contract is likely to be fast-tracked to begin immediately, with Dymock content to revert to the assistant's role.

As the Hasler bombshell continued to reverberate around the NRL, further revelations emerged.

Canterbury: Bulldogs confirm Hasler signing + 61 Shock: Toovey backed after Hasler goes + 48 Bulldogs boss: Dymock wins battle for top Dog

- Bulldogs chief executive Greenberg finalised the Hasler deal in the heart of Sea Eagles territory last Wednesday over a cup of coffee.

- Greenberg met Hasler only an hour after the outgoing Sea Eagles coach was offered $1 million-a-season in chairman Scott Penn's North Sydney offices to remain at Manly.

- The Manly playing group is fuming at the board and refused to speak to any of them during the club's awards presentation night in Terrey Hills last Friday

The Manly coach will take his entire support staff, including Noel Cleal and football operations manager Steve Gigg, to Belmore, leaving the Sea Eagles in dire straits.

- Hasler confirmed the Bulldogs offer is worth less than Manly's final offer but said a warring administration made his position untenable.

- Hasler told his players Manly could only survive with one owner, not the way it is currently structured with a split board intent on in-fighting.

The key players in the Bulldogs' bid to lure Hasler were chief executive Greenberg, chairman Ray Dib, board member Arthur Coorey, ex-chairman George Peponis and middle man and leading player agent George Mimis.

The million-dollar question everyone wants answered is how can Hasler continue on the northern peninsula next season while having one eye on Belmore?

Brian Smith tried it and failed at Parramatta and Newcastle. The same goes for Matt Elliott at Canberra before he went to Penrith and Michael Hagan at Newcastle before joining Parramatta. Even super coach Wayne Bennett failed at St George Illawarra this season after signing with the Knights.

"That's an issue for the Sea Eagles, not for us. We've got our house in order here at the Bulldogs," Greenberg said.

"Manly's problems aren't for me to comment on, but if something was to happen, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

"At the moment, it's up for debate. Des has made it clear he'll be at Manly in 2012.

"But if that changes, we'll deal with it on an as-need-be basis. For now, Jim Dymock has a fantastic opportunity to show what he's capable of doing as a head coach before the long-term succession plan affords him more time to develop under Des."

While premiers Manly don't return to training until the start of November, the Bulldogs are back at Belmore in two weeks to begin their 2012 pre-season.

For now, Dymock will assume the head coaching role for one season before Hasler arrives.

Manly chairman Scott Penn and chief operating officer David Perry spent Saturday phoning Sea Eagles players attempting to gauge the reaction to Hasler's announcement that he was leaving.

The response was cold. The Sea Eagles players are fuming and Penn, Perry and the six other directors - Bob Reilly, Melinda Gainsford-Taylor, Phil Sidney, Peter Spray, John Walstab and Kerry Chrysiliou - are wearing the blame for what has happened.

The director most in the line of fire is leagues club chairman Reilly, who Hasler has singled out as the main protagonist in 18 months of botched contract negotiations.

In a carefully-worded release sent out, Hasler said: "Despite my ongoing discussions with the board for over 12 months regarding a new contract with the Manly club, we simply could not align our future thoughts.

"Whilst it would have been financially advantageous for me to stay at the Manly club, I have elected to take up the challenge of building in a new direction with the Bulldogs from 2013. It will be business as usual for me at Manly during 2012."

Privately, Hasler has been at breaking point with the Manly board since he guided the club to the 2008 title.

Three times in the past 18 months, the Manly directors have had the opportunity to re-sign the two-time premiership-winning but they botched the negotiations on each occasion.

At one point, the board voted 5-2 against re-signing the coach, reasoning he was too much of a "control freak".

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/canterbury-bankstown-ready-to-pounce-if-manly-axe-outgoing-coach-des-hasler-early/story-fn2mcuj6-1226162186290?from=public_rss

You cant blame Greenberg for this, hes been smart enough to take advantage of a board who has lost the plot.

We are going to pay a huge price for this but life will go on, give the gig to Tooves and let Des go. Find out now who wants to be part of the club, we cant afford any more of this.

To the board, its time to really consider that you have all missed the main point. You have forgotten the sponsors, members and fans who pay your bills. Everyone is in the dark and they need to come clean.

This is such a pity should be the happiest week of the year for us yet its like a funeral and everyones so angry.

No way **** those pricks DON"T release Des he has to stay and if he doesnt win the premiership in 2012 I hope his contract has a KPI penalty in it. He can stay and do his job next year as a professional and I expect nothing less than another premiership.

I think there is a heap of misinformation; What I can't understand is:
* If Des was so pissed off with the Board why not go about normal business in 2012, not sign anything with anyone, and back the rebel ticket to take over the Board? If the rebels take over then everything is rosy, and he can re-sign with Manly at huge money for a few more years. If the existing Board members remain then at the end of the 2012 season Des is free to go wherever he pleases, and there wouldn't be all this angst.

* Why did Hoppa sign so far in advance? I've read it's because he like the way Kearney was taking Parra, then he says he would have followed Des to the Dogs. He can't have it both ways. If he loves Des so much then he stays at Manly (if Des does) or he waits to see where Des goes before deciding. To make such a monumental decision two years out doesn't make sense from either Parra or Hoppas viewpoint, imo.

* I've read that the voting structure of the club is wrong, with the two owners getting two votes and the Board getting three. To me, this sounds logical. Aren't the Board the voice of the members, and representing our wishes? If you give total control to the owners then they became dictators, like Tinkler, who can hire and fire at will. And, like in the USA and Canada, a dictotorial owner can move a club to a different city because of financial reasons.

These are just issues a simple fan like me, without any inside knowledge, is pondering among all the doom and gloom.

I agree The Who.

Hoppa isn't making any sense. Kearney won't be at Parra by the time Hoppa gets back. Does his Eel's contract have a "get out" clause if Kearney is gone?

If Dessie has left as he is so frustrated that is fair enough. But why not share with us public what his problems were and have them fixed so he could stay? Instead all he has done now is shaft the club and us fans still really have no idea why or who needs to be held to account.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6