Dogsler Ponder

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
Pondering over Dogsler's decisions, dealings and revelations...

We now know that Dogsler had the final say in recruitment and player negotiations when he was here.

From the genius Coach? =

1. Steve Menzies was forced out of our club to make way for players who would warm the bench and play for 10 mins or so. What's the reason behind that???
- Steve was not asking for mega money.
- Beaver would have been a great draw-card for fans and sponsors alike who wants to see the Legend at our club.
- As for coming off the bench for a few minutes, he had the Utility value, he scores tries and can change the flow of the game.
- Players loves playing with Beaver. Everybody LOVES Beaver. This might have been the threat to Dogsler the Despot not being loved as much in comparison.
- A few times, Beaver wanted to return, but Dogsler (he wasn't specifically mentioned back then) ignored him with silence, as reported in the media. We now know Dogsler had the final say in player negotiations.

2. Brett Stewart - Brett was held back in 2004 when he could have started in 1st grade much earlier. After losing 6 games in a row, under much pressure, Dogsler finally moved Andrew Walker (who dropped bombs,etc.) to 5/8 and elevated Brett to start at Fullback amidst widespread opinions. Right after that, we won our first game since Round 1, thanks to Snake.

This was an email I replied to a friend in August 2004 -

I know the reason why we had been losing for quite
awhile. Earlier this year, we had to lose like 6 games
in a row before we decide to give Brett Stewart a run
at fullback. Now, we had to have a major loss before
we decide to give Glenn Stewart a proper go. This has
been the same all season. We have some good juniors in
reserve grade and they have been playing well and
winning games but the coaching staff have no faith in
the young kids going to first grade. That's why we
keep fielding the same players week in, week out. As
they say, "If things ain't broke, you don't fix it. But it
broke in a bad way and they didn't fix it until
it was in pieces."

3. Chad Randall being forced out of our club with bull**** about not being dynamic enough. Did Dogsler feel threatened by alternate influences, affecting his despotic control over the club?
- Chad had a great passing game. The number of times he shot off passes to winger Donald to score.
- There was a time when there were no 5/8. Chad could have slotted into the spot (have played in the halves in the juniors).
- Chad was never really given a chance, perhaps due to the baggage of his surname.
- Chad loves our club and is Manly through and through.

4. Jamie Buhrer - Why was he warming the bench for the whole 80 mins over a few games in 2010??? I can understand one crucial game but it was repeated. That was a waste of player resource as well as not being a good morale for the player and his family.

5. Shane Neumann - WHY?????? - That's all I have to say about him.

---

Some very long bows there Ramrod.

As much as I dislike Des, at this rate you'll have him pegged for sinking the Titanic.

PS. Who keeps there emails from 2004? **** you must be organised!

Allegedly Bozo was behind Chad Randell getting the punt ,after the way he felt His son Scott was treated , any son of a Manly Great is doomed for failure

Spuds Bodyguard said:
Some very long bows there Ramrod.

As much as I dislike Des, at this rate you'll have him pegged for sinking the Titanic.

PS. Who keeps there emails from 2004? s**t you must be organised!

LOL.
Apparently, I'm not good at deleting some emails and I have a long memory for Manly history, so I just did a search for the email.

Yeah, he did me a great hurt by hurting my club that I love.
I'm not sure how long this will take to get over. Anyways.....

---

- Chad had a great passing game. The number of times he shot off passes to winger Donald to score

LOL. He went the short side at least once a set. A more pertinent stat is the strike rate on those passes to Donald.

Are you kidding me regarding Randall? You know April fools day has been and gone right?

I was just having this very conversation tonight regarding how bad his passing game was.

Chad had two major major major flaws in his game.

1 - he went to the blind side way too often in fact predictably often and it lead to the break down in play. He made too many bad decisions at crucial times that negated anything our already poor halves could set up.

2 - he passed the ball above our forwards heads instead of on the chest, for every good pass he threw, he threw 2 bad ones. The problem with this is that first receiver had to stop their run and jump in order to catch the ball and therefore either met the line without much punch or the mine met them as they landed.

He was an ok player but our decision to ditch him was absolutely the 100% correct decision.

He was very one dimensional and not at all dynamic. We would have gone nowhere had we persisted with him.

Holding Glenn Stewart and Brett Stewart back were also the correct decisions. Brett could have come in earlier but to what end.

Glenn was tiny when he started out as well he really needed to bulk up a bit before coming in and he still wasn't ground breaking until the last few years. Around 2008 he was still not the beast and player he is now.

Sorry I just can't agree that any of the decisions regarding those players were wrong. The proof is two premierships and each of them being the players they are today

I remember watching Glen play in Premier League and saying he will never play 1st grade he is way too small , glad to say I have no idea :)

takes me back to these days ,who's the Good looking fella in
the Red & white Shirt in the Middle ;)

Attachments

• DSCF0208.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 235
Haha that was a great day, much more innocent times.

Don't we all look younger there particularly the Stewart boys. Leanne reckons I look the same, I must age well or poorly, who knows

Daniel said:
Are you kidding me regarding Randall? You know April fools day has been and gone right?

I was just having this very conversation tonight regarding how bad his passing game was.

Chad had two major major major flaws in his game.

1 - he went to the blind side way too often in fact predictably often and it lead to the break down in play. He made too many bad decisions at crucial times that negated anything our already poor halves could set up.

2 - he passed the ball above our forwards heads instead of on the chest, for every good pass he threw, he threw 2 bad ones. The problem with this is that first receiver had to stop their run and jump in order to catch the ball and therefore either met the line without much punch or the mine met them as they landed.

He was an ok player but our decision to ditch him was absolutely the 100% correct decision.

He was very one dimensional and not at all dynamic. We would have gone nowhere had we persisted with him.

Holding Glenn Stewart and Brett Stewart back were also the correct decisions. Brett could have come in earlier but to what end.

Glenn was tiny when he started out as well he really needed to bulk up a bit before coming in and he still wasn't ground breaking until the last few years. Around 2008 he was still not the beast and player he is now.

Sorry I just can't agree that any of the decisions regarding those players were wrong. The proof is two premierships and each of them being the players they are today

Alright. I know I'm speaking out in anger and sometimes that blinds.
Chad, well... I thought he was alright but perhaps he required a bit more guidance.

However, I believed it was wrong to hold Brett back. We lost 6 straight in 2004 and I was one of those who whined about why he was lounging in Reserves. As soon as he started at Fullback, we were winning again. I noticed Brett in the lower grades for his positional play and defence. I didn't know he could also score that many tries too.

I also think we won on players more so than the ability of the coach. The coach wasn't on the field. For instance, the things Killer did last year was unbelievably awesome. Without him on the field, we won't have been in the GF, or winning it. You can't coach ability. I also cannot agree with Shane Neumann being an NRL player let alone being painted on the back of my GF tee, or be anywhere near the word winner. Somehow, the genius saw something in him.

Another thing, I thought Ox was a good half but he sucked at kicking goals. Why then did the coach persisted with him as the goal kicker? We would have won 2008 by many more points if Killer or somebody else was goal kicker.

A coach is only as good as the players on the field.
If Dogsler was so confident in his own ability, why did he raid so many of our staff and continue to look at poaching our players?

If he was that much of a super-coach, he should have just a team full of players from say... Chester Hill and make them NRL winners. Then, I will take back every thing I say about him and will even bow to him.

---

Look he maybe a c&&t of a human but no sane person can deny he is a great coach. The sad thing he could of been remembered as our greatest. As no manly coach hAs won 3 premierships he could of been the first. Instead he sold his sole.

Stevie said:
takes me back to these days ,who's the Good looking fella in
the Red & white Shirt in the Middle ;)

Was that the touch footy day? Someone dislocated their shoulder? I was there that day. Good times.

Daniel said:
Haha that was a great day, much more innocent times.

Don't we all look younger there particularly the Stewart boys. Leanne reckons I look the same, I must age well or poorly, who knows

I agree with Leanne. You still look the same to me too.

So he had sole control over the players but it was the players that won it not him?

lsz said:
So he had sole control over the players but it was the players that won it not him?

The players wouldnt have won those premierships unless they had a great coach. Only 3 coaches would have won with that squad in 2008 and 2011 Hasler,Bennett and Bellamy maybe Sheens as well. Des was a wonderful coach and took us to the top. He could've gone down as the best Manly coach of all time but now will be remembered only as a traitor for the way he left. Such a shame and I can't help thinking there is no way he will ever have that same drive and emotion at the dogs that he had here.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4