Doing it dinosaur style

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
We have been the masters of slowing the play the ball down for a number of years but the time has come to clean up our act.

Ill discipline is not the reason we get flogged in the penalties, it's a concerted, week in week out effort on our behalf to slow things down and it's old news.

Penalties gifted Newcastle possession in the first half and we never came back from it.

LOL Commander, I thought you were going to be talking about sex when I saw the subject line

Mark from Brisbane link said:
LOL Commander, I thought you were going to be talking about sex when I saw the subject line

you thought i was talking about you!

ZING!

haha

The artificial speed up of the play the ball in recent times has lead to our demise from being a constant top 4 team to a maybe maybe not top 8 chance. We have always suffered major structural problems in attack even during our Grand final winning year that Des struggles to address combined with heavy forwards and the loss of hole plugging defenders has left us with a team which lacks overall balance.

Did not watch the game i was more than confident in my observations last week that even if Newcastle had players out we would still lose--- we really are an easy team to pick 90% of the time. Manly perform well on dry fast tracks played during the day - - -if we lose during the day its normally close but at night there are times we will get lapped.

I remember the late days of Peter Sharp and Early days of Hasler Manly played better on slow lush grounds where it was all about the grind(Cronulla in that time were renouned as the fast play the ball kings and killed us several times on dry fast tracks) now its the opposite where our big forwards get bogged down on slow tracks and lack the discipline to even up possession. Read an article from Peter Peters last week along the same lines and i dont normally agree with him but was pleasantly surprised i'm not the only one who has noticed this pattern.

A major factor in our Grand Final win was the day Grand Final---i didn't attend the first Grand Final as i was not confident but attended the Second for the above reasons.

On our day and when we get away with slowing down the play the ball we can still cause damage but those days are numbered.

Haha what a wank. You didn't go to the first Grand Final because it was  at night? Haha, nice gee-up.

CLIT COMMANDER link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=184421.msg280734#msg280734 date=1280747042]

you thought i was talking about you!

ZING!

haha
[/quote]

You and me both Mark show's where our mind is

In all seriousness, we need a player like Le'Strange off the bench. I love Ballin...we all do...but he was a tad predictable tonight, and Des needed to change it up. I would have dragged Ballin, put Farrar to Hooker (ALA Gidley in state of origin), and would have brought on another forward.

Aren't we also the penalised team in the NRL??? Wanker refs....I hate both those refs tonight

Ryan link said:
In all seriousness, we need a player like Le'Strange off the bench. I love Ballin...we all do...but he was a tad predictable tonight, and Des needed to change it up. I would have dragged Ballin, put Farrar to Hooker (ALA Gidley in state of origin), and would have brought on another forward.

Who was the forward you were bringing on to play fullback mate ?

ManlyBacker link said:
I agree Ryan. I was completely frustrated by some of the penalties we copped.
What about the clear dropped ball they missed when The Knights were attacking our goal line. What about the dropped ball by Choc, that in my opinion, wasn't a dropped ball. The worst one for me is the smile (again) on Chechin's face as he was chasing up that last runaway try Newcastle scored...

I almost feel like sending a few still shots to Gallop to explain why there is laughter at that stage...

They were ****ed tonight....straight up..

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184421.msg280836#msg280836 date=1280749999]

Who was the forward you were bringing on to play fullback mate ?
[/quote]

I'd throw Robertson back there mate - same as we had to, to finish the game....

We needed to ask some questions, and be unpredictable - like they were with their kick from the scrum etc....

We lacked creativity...and looked like plodders out there unfortunately - and that stems from a poor attitude - because we HAVE the talent.

Actually Volley as pathetic as it sounds its the truth - -i'm not going to waste 100's of dollars on tickets when my informed gut feeling tells me otherwise. We always play better on dry tracks with our forwards creating second phase play which has been another aspect lacking this year.

How many night games do we get especially Mondays which are always hard to get up for--- we still have a competitive team that is becoming too slow and lethargic for consistent performances of a high level----we  occasionally show the odd sprinkling of 2008 performances every now and then but this only happens 2-3 times in a year and we only have one more left in us.

I would look outside the square to improve our attack and have Farrar at half Foran still at 5/8 with Hoppa at fullback but injuries will not allow this and young Hoppa is a risk under the high ball if the pressure gets to him. I would have tried this combination 8-10 weeks ago its too late now though just thought i would mention it. 

Hodkinson is slow and over uses the drift across field and throw an inside ball just like Travis Burns but with less speed.

Farrar has good footwork a nice turn of speed and has shown he can pass--i would have Farrar playing a Ben Hornby like role but taking the line on more to compress the opposing defensive line in the middle more allowing more room for Foran and our outside backs---teams do not fear Hodkinson when he ambles up to the defensive line.

Technical Coach link said:
I would look outside the square to improve our attack and have Farrar at half Foran still at 5/8 with Hoppa at fullback but injuries will not allow this and young Hoppa is a risk under the high ball if the pressure gets to him. I would have tried this combination 8-10 weeks ago its too late now though just thought i would mention it. 

Hodkinson is slow and over uses the drift across field and throw an inside ball just like Travis Burns but with less speed.

Farrar has good footwork a nice turn of speed and has shown he can pass--i would have Farrar playing a Ben Hornby like role but taking the line on more to compress the opposing defensive line in the middle more allowing more room for Foran and our outside backs---teams do not fear Hodkinson when he ambles up to the defensive line.

**** me dead mate - you ARE good at what you know....get this man a job at Sea Eagles headquarters !

Applaud for you.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4