Don't be surprised if Tom Symonds . . .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
is in the top 17 next round. He was outstanding today in second grade. Played the whole match, scored two tries and was everywhere in defence. He has a rangy build like the great Beaver, and was the best player for Manly today. Having red hair helps make him more noticeable than others.

Dane Chisholm also impressed. He scored a sizzling 50-metre try early, and had some nice touches, especially with his kicking game.

Manly scored five tries to four and were marginally better than Auckland, but the handling let many of them down. Kane Lawton made some nice scoots, but I was not impressed by big George nor Cam-See. However, it was very hot and probably understandable.

I must say that Brookie looked beautiful. Pity only about 300 people were there to bask in its glory. Suncorp Stadium? Pffft!

I was thinking Symonds would have been good on our bench at Suncorp. If he's fit, he's a very good player. Probably good to give him a hit out or two first though.

I thought Chee Kam went very well - as good as any of our forwards.

Agree re Symonds he is a great pick up

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I would be surprised if he was. I know Gower didn't have a great game but he spend the entire preseason working his butt off with everyone else. The message you like to send through the squad would be, work and and you'll get rewarded which is I'm guessing how Gower got the spot in the first place. I think Tom will have to play at least 2 weeks to get a look in the 17. Could be wrong of course, but that's how I think it should play out.

BOZO said:
A fit Symonds is a waste in the second grade comp . He is NRL standard

He only arrived at Manly last monday, that's why he's in the reggies.

He needs a few training sessions with the 1st grade team. You can't expect a player to come from another club and know all the moves in a week.

This bloke is a real talent , along with Lawrence he will be our best new signing this year

I remember Bozo Fulton saying 2 or 3 years back this player was a future Origin rep. Just looked him up & he played for City in 2011. http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/tom-symonds/summary.html

Brissie Kid said:
I remember Bozo Fulton saying 2 or 3 years back this player was a future Origin rep. Just looked him up & he played for City in 2011. http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/tom-symonds/summary.html

He's a very good player who's had heaps of injuries. If he stays injury free he will be a permanent fixture in the top 17.

Roosters fans basically said he had potential but injury prone. Only played a handful of games each year for them. Fingers crossed he can go alright here and player regularly.

He was a gun in 2011 think he scored 3 tries in one of his first games and tackled his heart out. Stays injury free and he will be an awesome purchase.

Really like the way we have bought thia yea strlengthened some positions and added great depth in the forwards

great signing when we think how much Choc is struggling with the ribs. It may give us an option to rest him if we win our first few. We need a healthy Choc in September. Buhrer, Horo and Symonds won't give away anything.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6