dont buy it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mr seagles

Reserve Grader
i dont buy it.hasler says they played harder in defence and attack ,hello they have nothing to play for there season is over....we could have been pushing for minor premiers now we wont make the eight im sorry sounds slack but thats how i see it coming they cant beat newcastle how in the hell will they beat STORM-SAINTS-WARRIORS-ROOSTERS-BULLDOGS.we are GOOOOONESKI.....chase BRIAN SMITH he might put some passion back in the team and will MAKE CHANGES ...hasler has had hes time....

I am sorry but Newcastle actually played really really well.
They had the perfect first half with no mistakes, that is hard to combat no matter how good of a team you are.

It wasnt just that we didnt play well, because we didn't play that badly, it was more that they played a very good game

So Brian Smith has had a lot of success of late you reckon.

Didn't do much with the drag queens, walked out on the slime, walked out on the drug castle and caused a major **** fight within that club. He will make a great replacement.

Oh don't forget why Jamie Lyon left the slime, yeah great idea about Brian Smith replacing Des.

Des just wants to get back under the radar.

I'm all for under the radar,but the last time something was as far under the radar as we are,it hit one of the world trade centre towers!!!

under the radar is f*cking old news the is a problem with hasler the staff and players dont like hes style anymore so how can they win,it is about 25 people against one des hasler f*ck him off and get someone else dosent have to be brian smith but someone who will make CHANGES the QUEENSLAND CUP TEAM is WINNING whats wrong with useing them....

I have been thinking about the game last night and the more I think about it the more think something funny was going on, i agree that the Knights ran and tackled harder and were the better team but a couple of forans kicks were that bad he cant of been trying Watmough didn't have a hard straight run all night and t rex's attempt to stop that first try was worse than lazy.
But this is 1st grade footy and you cant play soft or you will get injured so all of what I just said does not make sense. Does it??? ??? :-\

OneEyedEagle link said:

Indeed.  Des has been orchestrating events since round one. This symphony will not reach crescendo until grand final time.

The Hasler Code link said:
[quote author=OneEyedEagle link=topic=184438.msg281000#msg281000 date=1280790318]

Indeed.  Des has been orchestrating events since round one. This symphony will not reach crescendo until grand final time.
[/quote]

a conductor is supposed to make the band play in harmony.At the moment he wouldn't get a position as the Blackheath Public School orchestra's conductor!!!

OneEyedEagle link said:
So Brian Smith has had a lot of success of late you reckon.

Didn't do much with the drag queens, walked out on the slime, walked out on the drug castle and caused a major s**t fight within that club. He will make a great replacement.

Oh don't forget why Jamie Lyon left the slime, yeah great idea about Brian Smith replacing Des.

Brian Smith is the best in the business at coming into an underperforming club, cleaning house and getting them on track.

the problem is his methods dont work past the first few years of his tenure. have a look at what he has done in his early years at Parra, then newcastle and now Roosters.

The problem is he cant finish it off once he has put the structure in place.

Fro, I don't disagree with what you stated however I don't think Brian Smith would be the answer.

We are not underperforming, were just not reaching our full potential.

In the long run I believe that Brian Smith might just cause a lot more disharmony within the culture of the club.

Saying that it might not be a bad thing either and could potentially clean out the boys club culture.

There is no way this close to finals would I be making wholesale changes, that would just be detrimental to all.

No i wasnt advocating getting Smith at all, the exact opposite in fact.

I was just saying he is good at what he does in early stages.

I would hate it if Smith came to the club.  He's a complete control freak who creates disharmony wherever he goes.  He  leaves when the joints wrecked too.  Sure he fires players and support staff and brings in his own favorites, but that's about all.  Coached 500 games without a title.  Go figure.  The problem is not the coach as such.  Des has got us to this position with a team of non-performing players.  Not bad.  Remember we were beaten in the 07 GF by a team of cap-cheats, beat a team of cap-cheats in 08 and put out in 09 by a team of cap-cheats.  Under Des we have done well.   

Plain and simple. We thought we just had to turn up to win the game. As soon as Newcastle started with the intesity they did we were shot ducks. Until we consistently have a dig each week and understand that there is no easy game we will fail with teams we are supposed to beat. Attitude is the key and we didn't have it on the night.

Townsville Eagle link said:
Plain and simple. We thought we just had to turn up to win the game. As soon as Newcastle started with the intesity they did we were shot ducks. Until we consistently have a dig each week and understand that there is no easy game we will fail with teams we are supposed to beat. Attitude is the key and we didn't have it on the night.

Nailed it one TE

I was there Mark, and he's right.  When King gave away his obligatory penalty in the first minute, we all knew it was all going to go to ****e.  What a miserable night.

Townsville Eagle link said:

I second that. Too many dumb penalties and dumb errors. This all because of poor attitude. We won't turn up with that attitude against the storm, that I am certain.

MPC link said:
[quote author=Townsville Eagle link=topic=184438.msg281124#msg281124 date=1280803864]

I second that. Too many dumb penalties and dumb errors. This all because of poor attitude. We won't turn up with that attitude against the storm, that I am certain.
[/quote]

Exactly, way too many dumb penalties, and lack of focus. Manly seem to get ahead of themselves too easily and expect a win as opposed to really digging-in and winnging ugly as the saying goes. The Storm game is the key and will set-up our charge for the remainder of the season...

MPC link said:
[quote author=Townsville Eagle link=topic=184438.msg281124#msg281124 date=1280803864]

[/quote]

I also believe that the Knights would have beaten most teams last night. Their first half was perfect. Their completition rate was near 100%.

I think that they were thinking too much about Saturday night and were too complacent. Also, our lack of disclipline is a disgrace, as is Tony Williams' defence. Watmough is a disgrace too, he's been a huge liability this season.

Full points to Newcastle though, their first half was excellent, and boy do I wish we had Uate!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4