Dont jump off a cliff!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Yeh it was a poor 2nd half & another bad call - but lets keep it real. Tigers would have beaten many tonight & imo as stated are 1 of 4 teams that on their day can win this title. The ref excuses...well yeh, bad decision but they had already carved us up like a lamb roast by then anyways & looked the only team likely which brings me to this point. The Seaeagles are as good a shot as anyone to win this comp but sometimes the attack looks a little....pedestrian , transparent , lacks enterprise & the execution in that 2nd half was similar to the Illawarra game. 1st half was top shelf & a total domination & yes - 2nd half no possession - fact is they dominated control of the game the last 40 minutes & these tries on the last are no good. Anyways , after my rant dont jump off the cliff or you'll miss the Seaeagles pemiership victory - why- because when in the right frame of mind & come crunch time will beat Illawarras robotic style & the Tigers throwing the ball out their asses. This loss was a good wakeup call - get ready for an improved Seaeagles from here on in.

codewana said:
Haha, I love how many threads you start after a game MK. :)
Haha - true Codewana - just like to share my thoughts which are probably a little biased at times. Honestly think this loss was not a shocker & in a funny way could be beneficial. ;)

MK Eagle said:
codewana said:
Haha - true Codewana - just like to share my thoughts which are probably a little biased at times. Honestly think this loss was not a shocker & in a funny way could be beneficial. ;)

If we lose next week we can kiss this year good by because roosters are not going to be in the finals and if we cant beat them forget it.....and to be honest it is possible they will beat us.

mr seagles said:
MK Eagle said:
codewana said:

If we lose next week we can kiss this year good by because roosters are not going to be in the finals and if we cant beat them forget it.....and to be honest it is possible they will beat us.

Is this a stitchup mate - coming 2nd & you truly believe the season is gone with another loss?? Admittedly its an important game to regain confidence , killer instinct & momentum for the final series but its not armageddon.

MK Eagle said:
Yeh it was a poor 2nd half & another bad call - but lets keep it real. Tigers would have beaten many tonight & imo as stated are 1 of 4 teams that on their day can win this title. The ref excuses...well yeh, bad decision but they had already carved us up like a lamb roast by then anyways & looked the only team likely which brings me to this point. The Seaeagles are as good a shot as anyone to win this comp but sometimes the attack looks a little....pedestrian , transparent , lacks enterprise & the execution in that 2nd half was similar to the Illawarra game. 1st half was top shelf & a total domination & yes - 2nd half no possession - fact is they dominated control of the game the last 40 minutes & these tries on the last are no good. Anyways , after my rant dont jump off the cliff or you'll miss the Seaeagles pemiership victory - why- because when in the right frame of mind & come crunch time will beat Illawarras robotic style & the Tigers throwing the ball out their asses. This loss was a good wakeup call - get ready for an improved Seaeagles from here on in.

I'll reserve my judgements on us till after the Rorters game. If we dont bounce back and anhiliate them next week then we are really struggling. The last few weeks we were not against high quality opposition and quite frankly we have struggled. The Rorters, Tigers, Panthers, Souffs ,Knights have all been pretty ordinary lately. We need to bounce back BIG next week or I'm prepared to say we cant win it. Come on Manly its TIME to turn the corner for the finals.

I do agree that we need to at least beat the Roosters with some conviction if we are serious about a premiership this year but the real test will be the last two rounds, if we can win them we are as good a chance as anyone. That said perhaps we needed another year all along, many of our wins have been against lower placed teams or teams with injury.

MK Eagle said:
mr seagles said:
MK Eagle said:
codewana said:

Is this a stitchup mate - coming 2nd & you truly believe the season is gone with another loss?? Admittedly its an important game to regain confidence , killer instinct & momentum for the final series but its not armageddon.

Lets not forget possesion in the second half was something like 60% to 30% the tigers way , we were always on the back foot . All in all we are having a great year and had some great wins , we have axceeded our expectations, most didnt think we could make the eight . There is no need to jump of the cliff , but if we do win the comp we can push Mr seagles off the cliff.:D

BOZO said:
MK Eagle said:
mr seagles said:
MK Eagle said:
codewana said:

Lets not forget possesion in the second half was something like 60% to 30% the tigers way , we were always on the back foot . All in all we are having a great year and had some great wins , we have axceeded our expectations, most didnt think we could make the eight . There is no need to jump of the cliff , but if we do win the comp we can push Mr seagles off the cliff.:D

Thats the problem. Why are we giving away so much posession in 2nd halves. Stupid penalties and poor completions. Illdiscipline has crept back in and Des needs to eradicate it now or it will be our downfall.

The Seaeagles massive improvement this season has definately been the 80 minute performances until recent weeks & the 2nd half was almost glimpses of the 2010 form but it comes down to attitude , which i believe Des will sort out. Difference is this season the fitness levels are up where last season there was nothing in the tank to finish the game strongly. Tigers with that possession will put points on anyone. Sometimes when the intensity is down it allows a roll on for the opposition like that 2nd half - doubt a 12 point lead will slip again & prefer it as a lesson now than in a final.

Yes, we have had a great season, but I repeat what I have said in another thread, of our 5 losses this year we have lost to Scum, St Merge, Tigpies & Nth Qld and we only beat the donkeys with no Lockyer.

We have now lost to 4 of the 5 genuine other contenders. We have much to be proud of this season and we are building nicely for 2012 & 2013, but we will be cannon fodder come semi finals time.

Let the abuse begin!

Ralphie said:
Yes, we have had a great season, but I repeat what I have said in another thread, of our 5 losses this year we have lost to Scum, St Merge, Tigpies & Nth Qld and we only beat the donkeys with no Lockyer.

We have now lost to 4 of the 5 genuine other contenders. We have much to be proud of this season and we are building nicely for 2012 & 2013, but we will be cannon fodder come semi finals time.

Let the abuse begin!

Cant abuse mate because its all opinion & theres logic to your argument, i still see our best form enough to beat any of those sides.
Nth Qld game could have gone either way.
Tigers was a drop of intensity in the 2nd half (had them on toast)
Illawarra - poor execution & the game changed after THAT try when Stanley clearly knocked on.
Storm- 1st game hard to judge with brand new halves - forget it.
Bris game - again put a line through it due to reasons you mentioned.
Talk to you come finals time Ralphie - 1 of us wil be right & i hope its me.
:p

MK Eagle said:
Ralphie said:

Let the abuse begin!

Cant abuse mate because its all opinion & theres logic to your argument, i still see our best form enough to beat any of those sides.
Nth Qld game could have gone either way.
Tigers was a drop of intensity in the 2nd half (had them on toast)
Illawarra - poor execution & the game changed after THAT try when Stanley clearly knocked on.
Storm- 1st game hard to judge with brand new halves - forget it.
Bris game - again put a line through it due to reasons you mentioned.
Talk to you come finals time Ralphie - 1 of us wil be right & i hope its me.
:p

I hope it's you too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7