Don't knock the forwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
I thought Jake was outstanding, Willie, Horo, Ballin, Burgess went ok. No Starling/Lawrence hurts us but the halves failed once again to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Our forwards tried but they are out muscled consistently now, that will change when we get a few back but the Panthers even though they were pretty wounded were too slick for us around the ruck.

They tried hard but didnt worry a reserve grade penrith pack. No use worrying about it at the moment they are all we have,

I thought our go forward was terrible. Except for Jake and horo. Dce was taking hit ups in some sets. The 6 penalties killed us as well. I am very worried about this year and where we will end up and even more worried about next year.

When where coming off our line we don't look like getting to our 40 let alone in their half. Though at least they put in. Though it doesn't help our halves when where are attacking that we get no quick play the balls and no impact on the line.

Not a game this year have they looked like dominating a pack let alone holding our own. Souths will have a field day. My prediction is that they will not dominate a single team this year in the forwards. If they do, it will be with the help of a truck load of penalties. Please open that other eye and be resigned to that fact.

Can't blame the forwards tonight the game was there to be won and our halves were shown up again to be the pea hearts that they are against a b grade halves combo.T red was again moved to the centres,Sene Lafao came off injured.Deja vu of previous weeks. Check the run meters stats and you will see the forwards are not the problem.

I'm not blaming the forwards for tonight's loss.

But I will say this. The only game this year that our pack has either won or at least broken even was against the Scumdogs. They were ok against Melbourne, but still got run over in the end and it was only Scam Smith's missed kick early on that saved it from going to golden point. Every other game our forwards have been beaten I'm sorry to say.

I'll also say that losing T-Red to the centres to cover injuries in all but one game hasn't helped the cause.

yeah the forwards were a lot better against the storm, we are still lacking that punch through the middle, tackle breaking, offloads and quick play the balls though. this is where choc made the biggest difference, but for whatever reason he seems to have lost that this year anyways.

buhrer out is massive as he has the leg drive to go through the advantage line and get a quick play the ball. I think the miobility of our pack will be better suited to day games and I expect an expansive forwards game against Newcastle ion sunday afternoon at brookie.

we do miss someone like a Bromwich, matulino or burgess who consistently hit 12+ metres, skittle a defender and play the ball quick.

Still think we should be going hard after sam lisone from the warriors. best young forward ive sewen this year.

Mark Ioane cant get game time for the tits either. he is a good player too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7