Don't let the door hit ya on the way out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
He's regarded by many as the face of rugby league, but Parramatta Eels superstar Jarryd Hayne warned his legion of fans he might not finish his career in the NRL.
In a startling attack on the game's administrators, Hayne accused the NRL of not caring about its star players and said he could not rule out following the path of league deserters Sonny Bill Williams and Karmichael Hunt when his contract expires in 2014.

"I am only 22. Who knows what will happen after my contract," Hayne said.

"I could be earning a couple of million somewhere else."

Hayne claimed NRL boss David Gallop failed to listen to him when the footballer warned him of the threat of rival codes.

"The sad thing is that (the NRL) was warned but nothing was done," Hayne said.

"They just said `If you're going to go, then you're going to go, not much can be done.' That was their reaction."

He then added, sarcastically: "They really care about their players heaps."

The comments will surely hurt the NRL, which has all but installed the Parramatta fullback as its No. 1 poster boy. But Hayne refused to hold back on his feelings about the way players have been treated.

"How many more people do we need to lose until something is done?" he said.

"It is just a sad thing, rugby league is such a great game and there are so many passionate players and we are losing them to AFL. We have already lost Mark Gasnier and Sonny Bill Williams (to rugby). We've already lost these superstars and they're doing nothing about it"

With Broncos centre Israel Folau poised to defect to rugby union, Hayne claimed more could be done to retain the game's best players.

He considered offers from rival codes before he signed a new three-year deal with the Eels earlier this year reportedly worth $500,000 a season.

As Hayne made his position known in Melbourne, his Kangaroos teammates were on the verge of revolt, claiming their match payments for the Anzac Test were embarrassing.

Each player will receive $6000 for taking part in the battle with New Zealand at AMMI Park.

"The players do not have a voice," Hayne said.

"We are just given a schedule and told what to do. I hope something can be done. I have family coming down and they have to pay for their tickets.

"We only get four free tickets and have to pay for the rest. The payments aren't big at all so you think they could compensate us elsewhere. There are certainly a couple of issues there."

ARL boss Geoff Carr said the representative payments would be reviewed when the next collective bargaining agreement is struck.

"They were agreed to in the last collective bargaining agreement," Carr said.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This muppet needs to learn that stringing together 10-12 good games in 1 season doesn't turn you into a Rugby League god, backing up year in year out does that. He should get his form up before spouting this ****

Don't forget he is the Best Player in the World according to the sycophantic press. Or hang on, perhaps it's Thurston's or Slater's turn for that mantle.

Anyway Hayne is a myth, can't perform under pressure. It won't lessen my RL viewing pleasure if he isn't playing.

That's ok.
I am only anal about it because forum content is largely ignored by search engines, in fact ours are barely indexed at all. The main part of the site however is very well indexed by search engines.

Cheers
dan

He'll be good at Union.  Their wingers only have to do 2-3 things a game, much like he plays now.

Fark, he's 22 and on 400k per season. How much is enough? How many posters are on that wage?

Farking greedy over-rated prick! Even whinged about only getting 4  free tickets from te ARL, put you hand in your pocket and pay for more tickets you tightarse.

"How many posters are on that wage? "

Did you want a roll call swoop? Yep, I'm on $400k p.a. but I'm hoping for a raise this year. Cost of living's a bitch. 8)

Bradza link said:
\"How many posters are on that wage? \"

Did you want a roll call swoop? Yep, I'm on $400k p.a. but I'm hoping for a raise this year. Cost of living's a bitch. 8)

$400K - I spill that much in beer per year

How to lose public support in one interview.Jeez,some of these blokes are precious at times.Not enough coin,homesick,don't like coach....time to grow up and cut the whining me thinks.

You can call them whingers all you want but at the end of the day, we live in a free market economy & money talks. If the game can't compete financially, we'll lose more & more players (I'm sure Tookey & Byso can explain the benefits of capitalism over regulation on this one, I can't see it).

They may be threats but they aren't idle ones.

Some of them are so typical of Gen-iPod...self-centred,ungrateful,spoilt brats.(Note that I said some of them).Honestly,they don't know when they are on a good thing.

I'm with Duff on this one.

How many people on this forum would not consider changing jobs slightly to get double or perhaps triple their pay.

Sure 400k is a lot, but if I was on that and had a chance to increase it significantly then I would consider it.

And its not just Hayne to consider, when Foran shortly becomes a superstar, would anyone be happy if say the All Blacks offered him big money and the salary cap prevented us from making a suitable offer to keep him.

But Hayne seems to be demanding a pay rise.And who made him spokesman for all NRL players? His whole attitude reeks of arrogance.Though I do agree that third party payments should be changed,even if that subject has been done to death.

I cant fault them for wanting more money, but you cant bleed a company dry.

This money has to come from somewhere and until the TV deal is renegotiated, there just isn't anymore money to be had

Kiwi Eagle link said:
He's regarded by many as the face of rugby league . . .
There's the root of the problem right there. His fate is sealed, he can't stay untarnished now.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6