Don't underestimate the Manly spirit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyslam

Des has forgotten to take into account that there are forces out there outside of his control that have had a greater influence on Manly's success than his own hard work alone.

2008 and 2011 were premierships laced with destiny. (eg. Cam smith suspension, Lockyer injury & Gift, just to name a few)

For one the true Manly supporters have contributed towards this energy we call the Manly spirit. A factor Des disregarded.

The playing groups energy / integrity was also the highest in the comp. Hoppa, Joe and even Choc this year turning it around. Humble and playing for each other(team spirit).

Brookvale Oval also has a great spirit, something that just doesn't show on the outside. Undefeated this year.

These are all things money can't buy.

Just read this article just after I posted.

Power of positive thinking guided Hasler's heroes to karma waters and title glory

Sports motivator John Novak instilled Manly with a winning mindset, writes Richard Hinds.
MANLY'S premiership has been portrayed as an act of defiance. Fuelled by righteous indignation, the love 'em or-hate 'em Sea Eagles channelled their anger, took on the world and prevailed.
It is a perception instantly dismissed by a man intimately involved with the club's preparation throughout a surprising, inevitably triumphant season. ''Categorically a myth,'' says John Novak who considers Manly's grand final victory, at least partly, a testament to the power of positive thinking.

''The delivery of energy in a positive way,'' as he puts it.

Maybe Des should have had a few more sessions himself.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/power-of-positive-thinking-guided-haslers-heroes-to-karma-waters-and-title-glory-20111007-1ldkg.html#ixzz1aGBoiQVB

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6