Dragons at full strength

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
The goons last night had a nice win against what I thought was a very good penrith side,who deserve credit for turning up given they had nothing on the line..Was one of the better games I have seen this year and although the scoreboard didnt suggest it,the panthers played very well.Would love to see Luke Lewis in a maroon jersey and that Austin kid looks like a goodun.

The thing that did occur to me was that the Goons have an absoluteley full strength side on the field coming into the semis.With Manly and Melbourne having their well documented problems and players like Hodges and Lawrence struggling for the the horses and tigers that is a big advantage. History says injuries and preparation are everything.

Looking at the semis,unless their are some serious upsets we will probably play Brisbane or Goons in week 3 assuming we win week 1 which I think we will.(To be honest if we lose to 7 in week 1 we will be gone).Huge difference imo.Saints,despite all the criticism they get on here,seem to have our measure ,while we have owned the Broncos for years now.I hope fate means we play the broncos because we will have our work cut out in week 3 minus Glen against the Saints.We need the Tigers to give them a touch up in week 1 and deflate their confidence.They looked slick last night.

Im sure Ill get the usual "they're gone" response from many re the Dragons but the $7 they got out to will appear a very good price when the dust settles this Monday and I just hope someone does the job for us re the red and whites.We could get them with a weakened side but Id rather not put it to the test.

I think you will find they are clear second favourites come Monday.I took the $7 simply because it was silly price just like last year when they stumbled late.A fit and healthy squad means everything.And just like last year I hope I lose my money.Bit of a saver against an Eagle bet at far more juicy price.

I'm not sure if the Pony is fully fit though. He has looked a bit tentative for the Dragons.

Let's face it, their bigger tests will be over the next 2-3 weeks. Not on their home ground against a team well out of the running, irrespective of how how well the latter played.

No doubt Phantar that will be the true test but the "gone" calls were always a stretch IMO.They have as good a hope as any of the top 4 or 5 and are healthier at the right time of year and have a coach (who I despise) that knows how to get the job done,as do all the top sides I suppose.

You're right Susan about the Goons I get the feeling they have gotten over their injury problems and form/confidence has returned which is big thing on the eve of the finals. We have managed to shoot ourselves in the foot spectacularly. We had everything in place ready for a real tilt at the title and then an explosion of stupidity has cost us badly. Damn injuries again are crueling us what we didnt need was suspensions on top of it all. I still think if we get over week 1 we are still a great chance but missing Gift ,King, Wolf, Lussick and whoever else is injured for the preliminary final will be very very tough no matter who we play. That is the match I would worry about. If we got to the GF and got these players back (no Wolf but maybe even King) then I would be super confident. Just getting there is going to be the hard part now.

In saying that about the Goons just remember. The only reason they won last year was The Storm got rubbed out , we had more injuried and suspended on the benches than playing, the Bronkos were still rebuilding and the rest of the competition weren't worth ****. It the dopey Tigers had any balls they would have knocked the Goons out before the GF.

Injuries and suspensions always play a part in a grand final win. At the moment we are the worst affected. There are at least four contenders that can't win it without their playmaker (Tigers - Marshall; Bris - Lockyer; Cowboys - Thurston; Storm - Smith) so they are particularly vulnerable. I've always said Manly and Illawarra have the most even spread of talent and would best cope with injury/suspension, with the Worriers the third.
That theory is going to be seriously tested for us over the next few weeks.
If Marshall and Lockyer stay healthy I think their teams are serious contenders. If we get to the GF, with the injection of Glenn and Darcy, we'd be a huge chance.

I was thinking the same thing, everyone is talking about the Storm and the Tigers but a full strength Dragons team could easily take the Tigers out. What really amazes me is how we have been totally written off when we will only be missing Gift and Lussick for two finals games.

wouldnt worry about them until we have a 50/50 chance of playing them.

they will most likely fall over themselves and drop out of the finals in the first week.

Brookvale said:
wouldnt worry about them until we have a 50/50 chance of playing them.

they will most likely fall over themselves and drop out of the finals in the first week.

I'm not so sure. Wasn't it in 2006 that Bennett took a Broncos side that were out on their feet heading into the final few matches of the season, and we all know they won the comp. I know, different team, different scenario this time.. but they are still the reining premiers, and Bennett knows how to get the best out of players at the right times of the season..

Torana.King and wolf are out as well.That is 4 of our top 17.Wolf is way underrated on here.Hoppa for mine is a 1 or 4.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7