Dragons sign up Michael Witt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Peter C

Bencher
http://www.nrl.com/dragons-sign-witt-on-one-year-deal/tabid/10874/newsid/75585/default.aspx
Wow!, this is riveting news, Dragons fans will be ecstatic, must bring them in to premiership favourites.

I disagree, it might be a good stop-gap measure.

If you are in the throws of re-building and want a one year (possibly cheap) playmaker while you shop around I think it might be a good move for them.

Daddycool08 said:

If you are in the throws of re-building and want a one year (possibly cheap) playmaker while you shop around I think it might be a good move for them.
I agree.....they could do worse. Good luck to him.

Daddycool08 said:

I too agree with your disagreement.

Lucky to be up to NSW Cup, will be a turnstile in a defensive line where only Ben Creagh & that young hooker can tackle.
Illawarra will leak close to the most points in the NRL in 2014.

I thought Witt was a decent player, however that was 5 or more years ago. Wasn't too bad for us, and was instrumental in 2008 when the Warriors went on their run into the 3rd week of the semis....remember them beating the Scum in Week 1? And Witt over the line celebrating and nearly forgetting to put the ball down??

However can't imagine him having any impact in first grade now.

MK Eagle said:
Lucky to be up to NSW Cup, will be a turnstile in a defensive line where only Ben Creagh & that young hooker can tackle.
Illawarra will leak close to the most points in the NRL in 2014.

Agree absolutely.

I'd think St George will be odds on to win the spoon. Crap pack, useless back line and a dud coach.

DSM5 said:
I'd think St George will be odds on to win the spoon. Crap pack, useless back line and a dud coach.

On paper, late last season performances and new signings I think Tigers and Eels will be also in there with a very good chance.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6