Dragons want Horo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
You read that correctly, the Dragons are after Justin Horo, but its not St Merge. It would seem that the SL's NRL retirement home, the Catalans Dragons are interested in signing Manly forward Justin Horo.

As reported in RLW......

Dragons Eye Horo

CATALANS Dragons have secured the services of Dave Taylor and are now setting their sights on another ball-playing forward.

Unwanted Manly second-rower Justin Horo shapes as the French club’s next signing for season 2016.

An honest performer for the Sea Eagles and Parramatta before that, Horo is off contract and hoping to get a new deal at the Sea Eagles.

But Manly are unlikely to retain him as part of the cleanup orchestrated by new supremo Bob Fulton and incoming coach Trent Barrett.

Horo is believed to be on of 14 players unwanted at the club next season.

In addition to in coming signing Taylor, Catalans also have former NRL players Todd Carney and Willie Tonga on their books. (Edit: They also have former Manly winger Michael Oldfield, former Sharks centre Ben Pomeroy, former Kiwi test centre Krisnan Inu, former Knights back rower Zeb Taia and former Tigers/Drizzle/Souffs prop Jeff Lima).

After two consistent seasons with the Sea Eagles, Horo has struggled for form in 2015 and has registered just 13 appearances for the Northern Beaches club.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/catalans-eye-horo/

Last edited:
I wouldn't be against Horo staying at Manly, but I can't see it happening. His contract is over at the end of this year and he's one of the 14.

If Catalans do sign him they will have 9 former NRL players in their squad (10 if you count Pommy born former Warriors hooker Ian Henderson). And those already there are regular first graders with the team even though Carney is currently out injured.

I wouldn't be against Horo staying at Manly, but I can't see it happening. His contract is over at the end of this year and he's one of the 14.

If Catalans do sign him they will have 9 former NRL players in their squad (10 if you count Pommy born former Warriors hooker Ian Henderson). And those already there are regular first graders with the team even though Carney is currently out injured.
Henderson has signed with Roosters and Oldfield was negotiating with the Bunnies for next year

The Vermin must be desperate if they want to sign Oldfield. Sure he can run and score tries.....but his defence is lazier than a cat in the sun.

That's why he never played more than a handful of games for Manly. Neither Des nor Tooves could cop his lazy attitude to defence, especially his turn and chase of kicks. He was expected to be a ready made replacement for Robbo in 2012 but it never happened and again I believe it was his lazy defence that saw Tooves eventually give the wing spot to Jorge. After that Oldfield only played when the Wolfman was out injured. He then joined the Rorters for 2013 and only played 1 more NRL game, spending nearly all the season in NSW Cup before moving to France last year.

Last edited:
It says they are setting their sights on another "ball playing" forward; I wonder what they want with Horo then?

I think he makes too many errors and I won't be sad to see him go.

Would be sad to see him go. I think he's a honest hard worker on the field. Better than some.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6