Dressing rooms before the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Did anyone else notice how nervous Souths looked before the game in the dressing room?. I thought they look terrified and had no idea what was coming.

Manly on the other hand were backslapping and looked energised and confident.

Now at 14-0 I was ready to throw that out, but you could see, once Manly piled on some pressure, their nerves expressed themselves in waves and their whole attacking structure disappeared.

It;s nothing new, in any sport when a team reaches a new height and have never been all the way, it does not matter how a good a team are (the first 15 minutes), if they have not prelearned how to keep doing what got them there in the face of adversity, it also falls apart when adversity strikes.

NYEagle

At 14-0 down I said to mates, just give us an even share if the ball and we will be sweet.

Can someone watching from home comment on the obstruction penalty in the first 10 mins? I thought rubbish.

Whoever plays us next week will be crapping themselves that is for certain

I can't believe Daly was laughing at 14-12. One of the commentators said they were laughing and joking walking up the tunnel.

I was a nervous wreck up until the 75th minute.

voicefromthehill said:
At 14-0 down I said to mates, just give us an even share if the ball and we will be sweet.

Can someone watching from home comment on the obstruction penalty in the first 10 mins? I thought rubbish.

Whoever plays us next week will be crapping themselves that is for certain

From memory they never replayed the obstruction, Thurston's conspiracy theory came to mind.

NYEagle said:
Did anyone else notice how nervous Souths looked before the game in the dressing room?. I thought they look terrified and had no idea what was coming.

Manly on the other hand were backslapping and looked energised and confident.

Now at 14-0 I was ready to throw that out, but you could see, once Manly piled on some pressure, their nerves expressed themselves in waves and their whole attacking structure disappeared.

It;s nothing new, in any sport when a team reaches a new height and have never been all the way, it does not matter how a good a team are (the first 15 minutes), if they have not prelearned how to keep doing what got them there in the face of adversity, it also falls apart when adversity strikes.

NYEagle

Last night our semi finals experience showed, even after a bad start the boys knew what they had to do to turn it around, regardless of who we play in the GF i feel our experience will be enough to give us a win.

After the game in the dressing room the boys really drummed up a storm with their victory song good on them lots of old faces amongst the hangers on , wolfie looked a bit quite compared with the rest of the guys.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6