Drop him now?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should he stay or should he go?

• He should play on

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Drop the mongrel now

Votes: 28 65.1%

• Total voters

Stevo

First Grader
In light of the fact that DCE has completely torn down the walls of fortress Brookvale. The fact he has single handedly destroyed the dynasty that took more than a decade to build. The fact that the club shed and lost club legends such as Kite, G.Stewart, and Watmough to try and keep the grubby little mongrel.

Should the club let him play on for the year and put up with all this crap again or should they drop him now, try and salvage something and plan for the future?

It all depends on the how the other 16 blokes who run out with him feel about it. If they don't trust him then what is the point ? I'm sure he is professional enough to give 100% but a team sport needs that little extra than the sum of its parts, and a key player being on the outer won't give that.

Personally I think dropping him is just cutting off your nose to spite your face. Unless we can get a decent trade and swap him out straight away then we have to play our best 17, and DCE is in that best 17

If tonight is what we have to look forward to then I say get someone else in there. We seem to be going nowhere anyway. No positive signs since about July.

Let him develop his game for the Titans and warm up for rep footy in NSW Cup.

Don't know who could step up, but gee, I don't even know if his team mates will want to play with him.

No he plays. In the front row, and no rotation.

Personally I think it's time to rebuild. Get Tom Trobjevic on the wing, it's probably a year too soon, but he;ll be better for the run. And get Jamie into the halves to lead from there. Jamie will need to be one of our stop gap halves until we either buy or get a half through the lower grades.

Doesn't really matter who we put in the 7 (or 6) if the forwards have no impact and the opposition are running tries into our corners at will.

Let's be honest, there are plenty of teams in this comp that are better than Parra.

NO!!
Agree its poor the way he has disrupted the team but once Matai, Buhrer , Tafua come back the team can compete - & quite simply they will.
I do think however its time to plan ahead & start negotiating some quality for 2016.
Its far too negative to write off manly in 2015 & the Eels would have towelled up most teams tonight.
He has made a poor decision, but is easily the best option for this season, so make him bust his ass all the way in 2015 & Boo him next year.

NO!!
Agree its poor the way he has disrupted the team but once Matai, Buhrer , Tafua come back the team can compete - & quite simply they will.
I do think however its time to plan ahead & start negotiating some quality for 2016.
Its far too negative to write off manly in 2015 & the Eels would have towelled up most teams tonight.
He has made a poor decision, but is easily the best option for this season, so make him bust his ass all the way in 2015 & Boo him next year.
The Eels were not that great believe me just as poor in many elements as Manly.

The Eels were not that great believe me just as poor in many elements as Manly.
Agree. If we had our act together we could have exploited their edges for plenty more points. We also didn't challenge them in the ruck, we let them off the hook.

Really??? I dont believe you....
Can't see many areas they did not dominate Manly - as the score indicates.
Maybe some equally sloppy ball control as usually found in round 1 which improved in the 2nd half, but the key points - winning the contacts & controlling the ruck, enthusiasm, support in attack, depth & unity as a team - what elements did you see Manly match them in??

I don't know what it looked like on TV, but they absolutely smashed our forward pack into oblivion. There was not one set of six tonight where at least one of our forwards didn't get a massive shot put on him.

I don't know what it looked like on TV, but they absolutely smashed our forward pack into oblivion. There was not one set of six tonight where at least one of our forwards didn't get a massive shot put on him.
Yes their forwards smashed us, they out enthused us completely, but there were opportunities to make them pay on their edges and we didn't. We also never challenged them in the ruck and run out of dummy half - plenty of times I yelled at the TV for this (lol - they musn't have heard me).

Really??? I dont believe you....
Can't see many areas they did not dominate Manly - as the score indicates.
Maybe some equally sloppy ball control as usually found in round 1 which improved in the 2nd half, but the key points - winning the contacts & controlling the ruck, enthusiasm, support in attack, depth & unity as a team - what elements did you see Manly match them in??
Read my post again.(I'm saying there were just as many bad elements in Parras game as in our own just in different areas)

Our forwards lacked punch in defence and go forward but we really did not test there forwards to showcase their defensive lapses and at times laziness---- or clinical enough with our attack in the first half to change the momentum.

Our poor defensive reads were painful to watch against very average attack---even a weak Manly from last year with an undersized forward pack could have put Parra away tonight.

Obviously first game these things can happen but we have lacked forward power for years the worrying thing is we now have no halves to keep us in games this year, one injured and one leaving.

Last edited:
In light of the fact that DCE has completely torn down the walls of fortress Brookvale. The fact he has single handedly destroyed the dynasty that took more than a decade to build. The fact that the club shed and lost club legends such as Kite, G.Stewart, and Watmough to try and keep the grubby little mongrel.

Should the club let him play on for the year and put up with all this crap again or should they drop him now, try and salvage something and plan for the future?

What part ? The part about Parramatta being as poor in many elements as Manly?
Still no explanation to read ?
They were better in every key area - you may have been watching a game from another season

What part ? The part about Parramatta being as poor in many elements as Manly?
Still no explanation to read ?
They were better in every key area - you may have been watching a game from another season

I think what he's saying is they weren't that great and if we came up against a quality team tonight it could have been 70 points run up against us.

Agree Souths/Roosters would have cracked half centuries but the point of them being as poor as Manly is nonsense....really see Parramatta lucky to threaten as a top 8 side but pumped up like tonight, would have beaten most at home. BTW - gunna back Dogs against them next week & collect haha

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6