Dunamis Lui

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Is he with us in 2015? Keep seeing his name as unsigned. What's the story? Anyone know?

The official Manly site gives the impression he's there next year...

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/10/10/season_review_dunamis_lui.html

Thanks Huey. Hope so. Saw on the likes of Zero Tackle etc, he was listed as unsigned. I really like the guy and hoped he'd be with us. Ta.

He was great last year! It took him a month or two to really warm up, and then he started really bringing the aggression and hit hard in D; then unfortunately he got injured which halted his progress.

Was really impressed with Dunamis Lui last year. He was one of the few forwards that brought impact and aggression. He was a much needed addition with us possessing many workhorse, plodder type forwards. He did a pretty decent job filling in at lock in the Finals too. Also played well in his limited game time with Samoa as well. Looking forward to seeing him make further progress this year hopefully. Could be an important piece. Also a bit of a character as we have seen from his Footy Show antics lol.

if you read through the Sportal conference thing it says Manly said he's signed for 2015, Zero Tackle is not a completely reliable source

Ok, so assuming Lawrence, Mason, JSL & Lui are our definite props, does Starling get an automatic start guys?

Ok, he's reliable, but watching The Chooks and Rabbits, as a forward, the games heading towards more dynamic forwards arent we?

I see Starling as our softest, most one dimensional forward.

Ryan said:
Ok, so assuming Lawrence, Mason, JSL & Lui are our definite props, does Starling get an automatic start guys?

Ok, he's reliable, but watching The Chooks and Rabbits, as a forward, the games heading towards more dynamic forwards arent we?

I see Starling as our softest, most one dimensional forward.
Fairly true...prob add a few more in Jake & even Ligi Sao plus Vave, who will also push for a spot in the 17. Starling is reliable but has no X factor to his game & will struggle to make the 2015 squad.

Starlings last 6 weeks or so were good.

In his last game he was dominate, 150m+, plenty of work and very few errors. Easily his best game.

If he start next year like that then he is above most, if not all. He is of that age where props do come good so I am tipping he will continue on.

Add to that JSL and Lui are used as backrowers some of the time, Lui played lock on more than one occasion last year.

I think with the addition of mateo you will see a different make up, Buhrer will start so there is room to add Hodges to support Matty B and exploit the 2nd phase play.

Starling may not be the dynamic sort of forward like a Burgess, Scott, Tamou or a JWH but geez he makes up for it in effort. He tries his guts out every week (i still remember him chasing down wingers/centers down sidelines twice this season).
He is a Vic Mauro type of forward he is safe and reliable and i believe he should be in the 17(maybe off the bench)

Mark Bryan is probably a better comparison and he may end up going beyond that.

Either way both Mauro and Bryant we in GF winning sides, part of a balanced team (salary cap and abilities)

Hes gonna be a star, mark my word.

Good call @bob dylan . Lui is quickly becoming one of my favourite players. Runs hard and straight, has great leg drive and puts on enormous hits in defence. I love watching him.

So far he's coming 2nd overall in the MVP polls this season, if he keeps progressing like this he's gonna become one of the most dangerous forwards in the competition. With Jake T, Soggy, Lui, Buhrer and Demetriou our future is looking very bright.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4