Dying inside

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shoe1

Journey Man
I'm very upset and maintaining the rage without even trying. I smiled on the outside today but I'm dying inside. That was our game. I dread the off season and don't want to sit through 26 more rounds next year. Let's cut straight to the 2014 finals!!!

I'm with you guys. I thought today was going to be easier but I actually feel worse. I wish we got flogged because I could have handled being beaten fear and square. The feeling of being dudded is heart wrenching

I'm finding all the negatives from Sunday night have re-opened old GF wounds, like watching Brett get smashed in 07' , or the attempted brain examination on Tooves head in 95, but the ultimate unfair decision of them all - being robbed of the 2007 title , as in NOT awarded to us after the Storm systematic and endemic "we got two sets of books" cheating...sorry it's an old subject but I can't get over it, and Sundays ref performance drags that outrage to the surface...again...I'm trying not to think about it, back to therapy.......

I'm trying not to think about it. Very hard though, with SBW and his Roosters in every bloody news paper.

The only thing that hurts for me is that we had this game by the scruff of the neck and we let it slip through our mistakes. I dont feel that Easts won the game rather than we lost the game through silly errors.

Overall I am not too upset, we have been very fortunate to watch this team achieve what it has over the last 6 seasons and we should be comforted that we have a chance again next season to win it again.

It could be worse, imagine supporting Souffs or Parra who are just desparate for success. We have enjoyed a good run, winning the comp is so hard.

Hopefully this pain will fire up the team for another massive crack in 2014.

I hated all the fair weather, band wagon rooster supporters who suddenly came to rub it in today. Cant they just stick to the swans and Sydney kings when they are winning?

Cliffy4PM said:
How do we make a compilation of all the bad calls and make it go viral???????????????????????????

Just pick any game throughout the season. No problem in finding enough bad calls.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Pull yourself together. We are not the North Queensland Cowboys.

Teams that rarely win will mourn an unlucky loss. We aren't one of those teams. So get angry, we all saw what happened, but don't let it eat you up. We'll be back next year, you can rest assured.

That is really good advice. I liked the idea of the compilation, but I'm no thurston. Time to get on with it.

I think Manly the underdogs put up a good fight, they gave it their best shot and were a bit unlucky. But they have to improve if they want to win the premiership next year.

MPC75 said:
I'm with you guys. I thought today was going to be easier but I actually feel worse. I wish we got flogged because I could have handled being beaten fear and square. The feeling of being dudded is heart wrenching

Isn't that funny, I feel worse today too. Maybe it's from reading the conspiracy theories and hard luck stories.

It takes away from how I felt on the day. Manly just ran out of gas on the back end of both halves and the roosters were just too strong in the end. It sucks but the end result was the correct one, its time to get closure.

We should celebrate that we have a grand final video of this great team playing on the final day...oh and that Souths and all their entitled fans weren't part of it.

NYEagle

I know you guys feel very bad but at 18-8 all you needed to do was hold in defense and the game was yours. If we couldn't cross your line anymore at 18-8 that would have been the final score. Why did we get across? The ref only awards the tries. Your line had to hold tight and the game was yours. Yet there were missed tackles and wrong choices made by defenders.

SBW was a miss tackle. Forget the forward pass. Had he been tackled there would be no talk about it and no try. Why was Tupou allowed uncontested to take the ball and score? With Jennings it was 2 on 1 could the ball have been batted away? It all came down to protecting your lead and the game was won. A couple of miss tackles and game over. Defense is what wins grand finals.

See? Nothing like a roosters supporter to come in and tell us all how we lost the game and to 'forget' blatant forward try leading to passes.

Now, don't we all feel better reading those pearls of wisdom?

Shoe1 said:
I'm very upset and maintaining the rage without even trying. I smiled on the outside today but I'm dying inside. That was our game. I dread the off season and don't want to sit through 26 more rounds next year. Let's cut straight to the 2014 finals!!!

I feel you brother, life is **** at the moment. Its impossible to accept given the circumstances of that game. Its amazing that the referees and NRL officials can even look themselves in the mirror every morning.

But the good thing is that Manly is a great club and with Foz and Chezza in the halves we will be a top 8 team every year for the next 10 years probably. More finals football awaits ;)

And without trying to get all spiritual here, the sweet pendulum of karma will slingshot back in our direction soon enough. Just as it will swing back and belt Hayne and whoever else involved in the face for deliberately killing off our chances in that game. Even they cant stop payback karma from happening

DNA said:
I know you guys feel very bad but at 18-8 all you needed to do was hold in defense and the game was yours. If we couldn't cross your line anymore at 18-8 that would have been the final score. Why did we get across? The ref only awards the tries. Your line had to hold tight and the game was yours. Yet there were missed tackles and wrong choices made by defenders.

SBW was a miss tackle. Forget the forward pass. Had he been tackled there would be no talk about it and no try. Why was Tupou allowed uncontested to take the ball and score? With Jennings it was 2 on 1 could the ball have been batted away? It all came down to protecting your lead and the game was won. A couple of miss tackles and game over. Defense is what wins grand finals.

Pearls of wisdom from a supporter whose team won with 14 men on the field.

You've got some hide to come on here and tell us to forget about the referee errors. Turn this around and assume we had won with all of those calls and tell me you would be saying the same thing.

You good sir are a prized headless chook :mad:

DNA said:

Possession.

We did what we could when we had it, with a low error count to back that up. I could sense the guys really being careful about their handling and not messing up the play the ball, realising that we had to have a +80% completion to keep fatigue at bay.

The problem was that Hayne (in particular) denied us more possession than we had earned. Pearce knock on, downtown penalty for soft contact on kicker, Jennings touching ball before going out, Pearce stripping ball from Foran, Buhrer penalised for strip where there was none, not receiving ball from JHW headbutt, DCE taken worse than Pearce but earning no penalty, forward pass not picked up before SKD try...all these incidents resulted in less possession (and thus more defence) when our finals run meant we had to have more to avoid running out of juice.

The impact was that the last 20mins of each half we were clearly struggling in the legs, and was when the Chooks could capitalise on our fatigue.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4