Dylan Walker and Aaron Gray rushed to hospital

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A mate of mine is a copper and he just told me that they found Kryptonite in the shaving cabinet.

Seems like a simple explanation to me.

Just like Brett was "drunk"?

Like I said it does not look great but we can not complain about how our players are treated if we do the same to others...even if it is the dirty vermin

The difference here is that the information in the public domain has come from quoted sources - 'Dylan Walker's agent, via his sister', Dave Smith and the South Sydney club.

The point I was making initially is that Souffs' go-to response here was to state that both players had surgery last week - so, they are already starting to build a cover story. I have no doubt there are players at every club - Manly included - who use various and assorted substances 'recreationally'; it's more to do with the young male/large disposable income demographic than them being football players. Danny Weidler seems to think that because the drugs in question were supplied on prescription, it's not classed as an 'overdose'?

If - as it would appear, given the known facts - these players have misused prescribed medication in some fashion, and landed themselves in hospital as a result, it does nobody a favour to sweep it under the carpet; oxycodone, in particular, is a dangerous drug and something like this shouldn't be laughed off or covered up.

If it's anything other than an adverse reaction caused by a bad batch of the drug - in which case I'll expect to be seeing a heap more hospitalisations, since it's pretty widely prescribed post-surgery - then someone has been playing silly buggers with their meds, and they, their club and the NRL need to be honest about it and use it as an opportunity to educate others who might think drugs are safe to play around with if there's a prescription sticker on the box.

The difference here is that the information in the public domain has come from quoted sources - 'Dylan Walker's agent, via his sister', Dave Smith and the South Sydney club.

The point I was making initially is that Souffs' go-to response here was to state that both players had surgery last week - so, they are already starting to build a cover story. I have no doubt there are players at every club - Manly included - who use various and assorted substances 'recreationally'; it's more to do with the young male/large disposable income demographic than them being football players. Danny Weidler seems to think that because the drugs in question were supplied on prescription, it's not classed as an 'overdose'?

If - as it would appear, given the known facts - these players have misused prescribed medication in some fashion, and landed themselves in hospital as a result, it does nobody a favour to sweep it under the carpet; oxycodone, in particular, is a dangerous drug and something like this shouldn't be laughed off or covered up.

If it's anything other than an adverse reaction caused by a bad batch of the drug - in which case I'll expect to be seeing a heap more hospitalisations, since it's pretty widely prescribed post-surgery - then someone has been playing silly buggers with their meds, and they, their club and the NRL need to be honest about it and use it as an opportunity to educate others who might think drugs are safe to play around with if there's a prescription sticker on the box.
Nah, Souffs struck a deal with BIG PHARMA to make two boxes only for these two so no one else will get sick from them. Now, move along, nothing to see, LOOK OVER THERE *officials run off*

Our doctor stressed that the patient should never take a damaged pill because they are coated for slow release. People run into trouble when they grind up the pills and get the full dose at once.

It is a fair point re the cover up.

My point is not to do with the legitimacy of the points you raise re players but the fact we are all just speculating at this stage when there should be a proper (to quote a great man) investigation rather than idle speculation

Souffs on Fox now sating they're in ICU, on the improve but still serious.

Could be a wakeup call to the young ones who self medicate :(

A "friend" noticed them vomiting? Surely they would have realised all was not well when they themselves began vomiting. Hmmm

the-heck-bro.jpg

Yeah, not for fun, for pain...sure...

Just because it's prescribed to you for one reason, doesn't mean you weren't taking it (in a certain way or a certain excess dosage) for other reasons...

Just like Brett was "drunk"?

Like I said it does not look great but we can not complain about how our players are treated if we do the same to others...even if it is the dirty vermin
Lets look at the validity of that argument

One charged with a heinous crime

The other 2 suspected of being idiots, however they harmed nobody but themselves at the same place at the same time with hillbilly heroin

Unrealistic parallel,nobody was harmed by this incident while in the Stewart case the victims were His family and the alleged victim I'd argue by a scumlord

Get real

Unless you're a hardened abuser of painkillers, a couple of Endone can put you well and truly on your ass. Trust me on this.

I hope they're ok, but I'm less concerned about their welfare (as my thoughts are they've done something a little stupid but will be fine) but as to how the NRL deal with it. Will they sweep it under the carpet and hide the real story or be a bit smart about this and try to educate others on the dangers of recreational usage of painkillers?

There are 2 schools of thought, we can say, ok lets wait until all the facts are known and then make comments, or we predict a cover up (eg Sutton Burgess in Vegas) so might as well ask all the possible scenerios. Then again maybe the whole episode none of our business.

With all those comments I will probably end up with a splinter in my bum.

Lets look at the validity of that argument

One charged with a heinous crime

The other 2 suspected of being idiots, however they harmed nobody but themselves at the same place at the same time with hillbilly heroin

Unrealistic parallel,nobody was harmed by this incident while in the Stewart case the victims were His family and the alleged victim I'd argue by a scumlord

Get real

I would suggest the reputation damage to the players, if it was not true, would also be damaging (we all know the abuse they will cope from crowds now)

Overall my fundamental beleif is that there whould be a process followed whereby the issue is either investigated (if possible) or we wait until and external, say police / trial , takes place. In that case I think it is better to say nothing rather than speculate

I would suggest the reputation damage to the players, if it was not true, would also be damaging (we all know the abuse they will cope from crowds now)

Overall my fundamental beleif is that there whould be a process followed whereby the issue is either investigated (if possible) or we wait until and external, say police / trial , takes place. In that case I think it is better to say nothing rather than speculate
When was this afforded to Brett? I get your point but after that it's open slather in the opinion of a lot of fans

Remember what they said about Brett?Well now they have 2 scum junkies who are a bad look for the game and should be erased, never get sponsored and be abused by our own unwashed masses,they took those drugs while Brett did nothing

Life ban or at least 4 weeks of the regular season each or it's an anti manly conspiracy

The difference is they took those drugs one way or another,in the same house at night,people will speculate and as much as you don't want to admit it, you've likely judged them yourself, welcome to humanity in all its glory

Personally i hope the Telegraph belts them, humiliates them and makes them a laughing stock

Then i hope both players sue the Telegraph and by extension news limited into bankruptcy

**** Souths,their inbred mouth breathing fans and **** news limited in particular

Either way, with all the focus on men's health at the moment, all you need to do is claim you have depression and ask for help and all is forgiven.

When was this afforded to Brett? I get your point but after that it's open slather in the opinion of a lot of fans

Remember what they said about Brett?Well now they have 2 scum junkies who are a bad look for the game and should be erased, never get sponsored and be abused by our own unwashed masses,they took those drugs while Brett did nothing

Life ban or at least 4 weeks of the regular season each or it's an anti manly conspiracy

The difference is they took those drugs one way or another,in the same house at night,people will speculate and as much as you don't want to admit it, you've likely judged them yourself, welcome to humanity in all its glory

Personally i hope the Telegraph belts them, humiliates them and makes them a laughing stock

Then i hope both players sue the Telegraph and by extension news limited into bankruptcy

**** Souths,their inbred mouth breathing fans and **** news limited in particular
Good to see Buzz jumped in this arvo.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6