Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I love him now in our colours!
But!! I will admit he looked like such a grub in that green and red smirk

I'm going to be controversial, down vote me all you like but every single try of Dylans so far this season has been that of an immensely talented centre.

We cant let that go to waste. If I were Barret id bite the bullet and drop matai (on defence alone) and put walker into centre with Api playing 5/8.

Smite away :S

I'm going to be controversial, down vote me all you like but every single try of Dylans so far this season has been that of an immensely talented centre.

We cant let that go to waste. If I were Barret id bite the bullet and drop matai (on defence alone) and put walker into centre with Api playing 5/8.

Smite away :S

Dont worry i have been thinking the same thing, Walker is a world class centre and Api seemed very good as a running 5/8 tonight. Sooner or Later Matai and Lyon will have to make way for the new generation.

I like your thinking a lot @fLIP
I love Matai's darts from dummy half, but his defence was very ordinary.
Dce and Api in the halves and Lyon and Walker in the centres is very exciting
Still love Matai though.

I like your thinking a lot @fLIP
I love Matai's darts from dummy half, but his defence was very ordinary.
Dce and Api in the halves and Lyon and Walker in the centres is very exciting
Still love Matai though.

Exactly, I'm in no way against matai he is a dyed in the wool hitman for manly if nothing else.

But this is a period of change after a decade of hanging on to the same players and dominating just about everyone.

We need to (as I have said earlier) tear that bandaid off and move forward. There is the building blocks of a premiership team at our club and there is players around who can fill the void. Forget loyalty, matai wanted out for the warriors last year and the year prior.

Bozo, do your thing and make the side that can win games, not the hearts of fans. the rest will follow.

even though i agree about the walker is a world class centre assessment, you cant really drop matai. Koroisau has to be somewhere in the team after that performance, and i was shocked how well he did at half. He generally looks like a better half then hooker and looks like it comes naturally too. Id leave walker there when cherry gets back but if any back gets injured, shift koroisau to 6 and walker to centre. I love taufua and his runs from our own half are crucial, but i feel as though matai has earnt his place more then taufua. Thoughts on matai to wing if walker clealry has to play centre?

Spot on Flip.

Matai is a champion but he missed several tackles in the 1st half. He also cost us win against Nth QLD last year when he missed an easy tackle with 2min to go that directly lead to there winning try. I haven't forgotten.

The poor bloke is playing with one arm he is so busted up and has one more year to go !!

I'd be tempted (only tempted mind you) to play Api at 5/8 next to DCE, Walker in the centres and have Skivy as a roving back rower who's primary job would be to run the ball. We know he's an 80 minute player unless he gets hurt so that won't be a problem. His defence as a back rower would be highly questionable though. As much as he's the Hitman, he does miss his share of tackles.

Skivy is slower than Jorge who barely has enough pace to be a winger.

However, in saying that I think that as a running 5/8, Walker is growing into the role.

Matai to the bench?

Good enough to play impact back rower.

Certainly worth considering letting him rest when DCE gets back at a minimum.

Walker is no 5/8. He has no ball ability or kicking game. He is though a great runner of the ball. I think with the form Lyon and Matai have shown in the centres.. one of them have to move for Walker THIS season. Lyon to 5/8 is an option and put Walker where he belongs. At least Lyon can provide a bit of a kicking game.

After last nights performance.. i wouldnt mind seeing Api at 5/8. So where does that leave Lyon if we move Walker to centre? Cant leave a legend out this season.

1. Stewart
2. Tafua
3. Lyon
4. Walker
5. Trbojevic
6. Koroisau
7. Cherry Evans
8. Myles
9. Parcell
10. Trbojevic
11. Buhrer
12. Tapau
13. Matai

14. Vave
15. Symonds/Brown
16. Mateo/Leary
17. Lawrence

Matai still has good acceleration and can hit in defence. His forward runs will go great. Cant be any worse with his ball playing than Tapau when he played there.

Imagine him after a season or two playing with his new team mates?? Promising signs after only a few games for us. He will only get better

And I think leave him where he is. I reckon Trent thinks the same no matter how many are calling for Lyon to be moved to 5/8 and walker in the centre.

i dont think Matai would work playing in the forwards. can't tackle. In saying that, his miss tackles are usually when he is trying to slide in defence. He runs side ways and backwards then arm grabs. If he defends in the middle he may find it easier defending there and still get in and do darts from dummy half and play a role similar to lawrence at the tigers, but still risky.

If he could fix his defence wouldn't even be discussing dropping him as the other areas of his game are still very valuable.

Don't get me wrong I love the guy but I just don't see this Dylan Walker experiment working. He was nothing but pure talent at Souths and I think playing him out of position is affecting him mentally and physically. He represented his country and was seen as a future centre for the blues. I can't doubt his effort this season but once everyone is back I would prefer to see Lyon play out 2016 in the halves and walker transition into the centres. He looks more natural as a ball running centre and the skills he has picked up during his time at 5/8th will add to his bag of trick for the future.

Don't get me wrong I love the guy but I just don't see this Dylan Walker experiment working. He was nothing but pure talent at Souths and I think playing him out of position is affecting him mentally and physically. He represented his country and was seen as a future centre for the blues. I can't doubt his effort this season but once everyone is back I would prefer to see Lyon play out 2016 in the halves and walker transition into the centres. He looks more natural as a ball running centre and the skills he has picked up during his time at 5/8th will add to his bag of trick for the future.
Yep Dylan is being wasted at 5/8. Rest of the year walker to centre Lyon to 5/8. Next year sign a good 5/8 like Norman or green. Walker won't be 5/8 next year if Barrett is a good coach. Chez needs a organiser beside him. Walker will be better in the centres. Simple. We will See that this week in city vs country

I've been an advocate of Walker staying at 5/8 because I think he's developing nicely, albeit slowly, as a running pivot and I have faith that the WIP will come good.

However, in saying that we saw more play making from Killer at 5/8 last night in 20 minutes than we've seen all season from Walker. Now that Killer has announced his retirement maybe its time for them to swap positions? Killer's experience alongside DCE would definitely be a good thing and would take a lot of pressure from Cherry.

Not that I would be against leaving things as they are, but its something Baz should at least be considering.

I've been an advocate of Walker staying at 5/8 because I think he's developing nicely, albeit slowly, as a running pivot and I have faith that the WIP will come good.

However, in saying that we saw more play making from Killer at 5/8 last night in 20 minutes than we've seen all season from Walker. Now that Killer has announced his retirement maybe its time for them to swap positions? Killer's experience alongside DCE would definitely be a good thing and would take a lot of pressure from Cherry.

Not that I would be against leaving things as they are, but its something Baz should at least be considering.
I reckon there have been 100 posts saying this - starting after the loss in round 1.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6