Eagles' regret over Centrebet email

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
SEA Eagles boss David Perry has described an email sent to parents of junior club members promoting a new Centrebet iPhone betting application as a “human error” that would not be repeated.

Read the full article

Ooohhh noooo - think of the precious children!

OH NO the telegraph is gonna have a field day
look out if the nutjob Andrew Wilkie hears about this

really the person who sends the emails out needs to put a filter on who gets them (if that can be done) type a msg click all and send is what happened I think simple mistake

the offending email below
CentrebetiPhoneNews.jpg

and this sent last night

Dear Members,

An offer from Centrebet was sent to our total membership database earlier in the week.

This content was only intended for those over 18 years of age.

As a Club we take full responsibility and apologise for this human error. We would like to make it clear that it has never been the intention of Centrebet or the Sea Eagles to promote a product to Members under the age of 18.

We are currently implementing internal controls that will ensure such an error will not take place again.

If you have any further concerns please don't hesitate to contact Sea Eagles Corporate Partnerships on 9970 3000.

Yours Sincerely,

Sea Eagles Corporate Partnerships

What a load of ****. Innocent mistake FFs there were just trying to look after a sponsor it's not like we are flush with sponsors

Centrebet are advertising this app everywhere just listen to the radio, I've heard it 3 times this morning

Where's the apology from the likes of News Ltd for them promoting this to people under 18?

Ill be impressed when they finally make apps for more phones than the crappy old yuppy loved apple iPhone, amateurs

Android currently has more apps on the marketplace than Apple's appstore.

Do you guys mess around with ROMS and different flashes?

You apple yuppies get all the apps, time for the androids to revolt and bluetooth viruses to every apple iPhone ever devised so they have to make apps for every other phone on the world and finally put apple out of business

The Eagle said:
You apple yuppies get all the apps, time for the androids to revolt and bluetooth viruses to every apple iPhone ever devised so they have to make apps for every other phone on the world and finally put apple out of business

Again, Android Marketplace has taken over the Appstore in terms of quantity of apps.

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/2011/08/27/itunes-is-no-longer-the-biggest-app-store/

Not official apps such as pizza hut,woolies,centrebet and others most of those are unusual apps like my bowling calculator one which market had about 50 of.....

I don't find it lacking too many official apps - sometimes you can download them straight from their website instead of the marketplace. Have you checked that out?

Also, just wanted to have a look to see if I could find an example... Check these out:

http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/399769/woolworths_launches_android_app/#closeme

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.yum.pizzahut&hl=en

Off to the ho-hum forum with this rubbish. Funny that the NRL allow 9 and Fox to advertise betting info during the game and those idiot commentators are all over it. Gallop should get a few phoney calls from mums regarding this.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6