Eagles to Play at SCG

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Interesting that Manly will be playing its Round 8 home game against Parra at the SCG.

I would be interested to know what season ticket holders thought of this? I presume ticketholders will have seats allocated to them at the SCG in a Manly section.

Presuming both clubs are travelling well at that stage of the season it could be a financial boom for the club. Brookie would attract say 18 to 20k crowd while the SCG could get a crowd over 30K.

Personally I think it is a great move by the club. :clap:

If Manly lose then you won't think that it was such a great move. Remember this years game against souths at the SFS. That was a long trip home after that disgraceful performance.

Manly is giving up its brookie game for this and I would have thought that a win (more chance at brookie) is more vital than extra gate receipts.

It would have been better to have changed the round 21 game against Parra at Parra staduim to the SCG instead.

I think it is brilliant, though my memory of the 82 Grand Final still haunts me. I can still see Grothe smashing through even the Wombat to score in the corner and Kenny teasing with our slow and fat backs on that day (Choppy Close was badly shown up). Phil Blake scored a try from a bomb in the first minutes and turned turnstile for the next hour.

Should be a huge crowd and the atmosphere will be great.

i hate it, we didnt get to play parra at home this year and now we need to wait how long till we get to beat the slime at home again?

meh, does not really bother me. never watched a league game at the SCG so it will be something different.

You cant beat brooky oval to watch footy and i feel robbed that i get to see one last game there

Man - so much hinges on this years success on the park. That's why it's imperative that Des makes smart moves. If we lose 8 out of the 1st 10 or so, apart from immediate family, I really worry about crowd sizes etc.

By the end of the 2005 season Fortress Brookvale was not so much a fortress but more like a sand castle - so maybe the hom advantage isn't as great as they made out early last season.

From a winning advantage perspective I still would prefer to play them at Brookie

Manly is still better at home than away.

Some of the players last year looked more at home building sandcastles than playing football. One even had his head burried in sand most of the year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4