Eagles training !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll try again...........

Had this week off work , and living at Elanora ( only mins away from Narrabeen ) has given me the opportunity to call into a couple of Manly training sessions.

The guys have been training in the heat of the day and I must say the intensity of the sessions is very high. Good to see the new guys ( Bailey , Tony Williams . Shane Rodney & young Hoppa) mixing in well with the squad. Dessie has the boys focused for the World Club Challenge (01/03/09) and for the season ahead.

I'm quite confident that Manly can go back to back winning another premiership. Our main threat - The Storm have lost quite a few players ( Folau , Geyer , J Smith , Kaufusi , Crocker ). I feel that we have sufficient depth to cover for our lost players.

I'll try and get down again tomorrow for a quick look.

Fro link said:
I dont want milk from his Dairy, but a Diary might be interesting :)
Ah Fro, you never seem to disappoint do you :p In fact I never noticed the mistake until you pointed it out  ;D

Thanks Chuck for the update, good to catch up at the Entertainment Centre B4 Xmas.

Judging by some of the player's Facebook Updates they've been doing a lot of tortorous 400m power sprints. 

I went to training for a little bit recently as well, and I have to say the boys looked like they were fairly sharp considering they don't really start full training until next week.

And believe me when I say this - Hoppa is outstanding. Excellent trainer, has a fantastic physique and looks every bit the star he will become....but he's bloody 16! Watching him train for 15-20 minutes I started to think he was 18/19... Scary stuff. Hope he plays out his entire career at Manly. Anything different will be a tragedy for the club.

I wonder if Des will risk Hoopa jnr in NRL if injuries/rep committments hit us this year?

willstyles link said:
I went to training for a little bit recently as well, and I have to say the boys looked like they were fairly sharp considering they don't really start full training until next week.

And believe me when I say this - Hoppa is outstanding. Excellent trainer, has a fantastic physique and looks every bit the star he will become....but he's bloody 16! Watching him train for 15-20 minutes I started to think he was 18/19... Scary stuff. Hope he plays out his entire career at Manly. Anything different will be a tragedy for the club.

Will i agree i hope young Hoppa stays a Eagle for life I'm looking forward to seeing him play this year.

Go Manly back to back titles in 09

The sceptic in me says that the club have had their eye on young Hoppa for a few years, which would explain why they've given Hoppa Snr such leniency in recent times.

However the realist explains that they're pretty good to all of the old boys of the club, especially one who served us as well as Hoppa did in his early days.

Although I've read both Hoppa Snr and Jnr say that he'll chase the money if it is on offer.

Isnt there another of the Hoppa boys who is showing some promise along with his brother?  Thought I remember reading the next boy looks like a very good player, could have a team of them, he has heaps of kids from memory. 

Mata- As a Manly player i actually thought that Hoppa did a great job,leave the snide remarks out of it i say. My question is .....Should i transfer all your baggage onto your sons?

I thought the 'loon' was very good for Manly.  The tackle that brought all the angst was a legitimate shoulder charge in my opinion, the opinion of the ref on the ground, Simpkins, and all the spectators on the ground.  The only one who didn't was the video ref.  Sure it was a little high but the shoulder charged player is very tall, a penalty would have sufficed.  The NRL, and then the club  got all hysterical and you know the rest.  Pity.   

Hoppa's suspension was also related to the many 'infamous' moments that had also affected his career. He was competitive on the field but also did many dumb things that came back to bite him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4