Early Front Row report...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Lawrence - Looks really established now as the No 1 front rower at Manly
Starling - Likes the tough stuff, a solid pass at this stage
Lui - enjoy his impact but his hands need to improve...soon
Hasson - If you talk underrated, he wont be by seasons end, big improver & have a feel theres more potential to be unleashed.
Jese - Big mobile style - quality minutes - shown enough for a bench spot
King - Thought his days were over tbh, stuck it to Souths enough to show he means business in 2014 & wants to lead the youngsters again
Jake T - This bloke is the goods, wasted in NSW Cup in an unmotivated team, will be a star imo, hope its at Manly.
Sao - Another to get a shot who CAN play - not such a lack of depth....
Luaki - Big ,mean,ugly, recall him as great impact with poor hands & on the verge of a penalty every tackle, sure Tooves will get the best from him

We have some great talent in the making, we haven't even focused on young Turbo who is an excellent player. We have depth in the front row, the trouble I fear will be keeping it.

Townsville Eagle said:
We have some great talent in the making, we haven't even focused on young Turbo who is an excellent player. We have depth in the front row, the trouble I fear will be keeping it.

I am hearing Jake has just signed a new 3 year deal and have been told he probably shouldn't have rushed into it. Tooves should have him at least coming off the bench.

Lui and Hasson have been the 2 that have impressed me this year. Lui has had some aggressive runs and hasson has been really strong in both attack and defence.

Kingy has been solid as always and we need his seniority, you could say he is our Yoda for the front row. (knowing his end is near, and passing on his wisdom for the future).

I have found BJ to be pretty quiet this year. Don't know if is cause Starling is in the NO.8. He has been solid as always.

So far so good. No complaints but we definitely need the old lion King to lead the troops forward. Can't lose him to injury for extended period.

Lui and Hasson have impressed (of the new chums).....BJ and Starlo seem to be going ok and Kingdog....well let's see, for him I sincerely hope he goes well if anyone deserves it he does, but if he gets injured early and is out for another year it will have been another wasted year...fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

Eagle Rock said:
I am hearing Jake has just signed a new 3 year deal and have been told he probably shouldn't have rushed into it.
That's a shame. Who did he sign for?

Ahh relax, Jake has tonnes of time, great to hear we have looked him up.

he'll play plenty this year!

Its round 2 ffs

Mark from Brisbane said:
Lui and Hasson have impressed (of the new chums).....BJ and Starlo seem to be going ok and Kingdog....well let's see, for him I sincerely hope he goes well if anyone deserves it he does, but if he gets injured early and is out for another year it will have been another wasted year...fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

I think Hasson would be better utiised as a wide running backrower in the Graeme Wynn mould (a role probably earmarked for Chee Kam). His height and ability to offload would make him an awkward proposition . Manly's attack could certainly use an extra dimension in the absence of Snake.

Starling looks solid and seems to have found his rhythm. Lui needs to improve his handling and not race out of the defensive line.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Great. In that case why did he wait so long? ;)

I think his family are not too happy after he signed to then hear about all the other Props Manly had bought. I don't blame them.

Eagle Rock said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

I think his family are not too happy after he signed to then hear about all the other Props Manly had bought. I don't blame them.

So it's not that he signed it's more to do with how much he probably signed for?
I kind of don't get it, if he signed for X he get's that regardless. If he's the real deal he'll be in 1st grade soon enough and his manager will demand an upgrade ala DCE and his next contract will be the payday ( and the one after that ).
He's 21 and played ONE 1st grade game, if we throw him in too early and too often he may not get to that big payday.
Great work if we've locked him up for three years.

StuBoot said:
Eagle Rock said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

So it's not that he signed it's more to do with how much he probably signed for?
I kind of don't get it, if he signed for X he get's that regardless. If he's the real deal he'll be in 1st grade soon enough and his manager will demand an upgrade ala DCE and his next contract will be the payday ( and the one after that ).
He's 21 and played ONE 1st grade game, if we throw him in too early and too often he may not get to that big payday.
Great work if we've locked him up for three years.

What I was told he signed up after being told he will be coming off the interchange bench, they said he will be playing a lot of 1sts this year and will be the regular player in the team ( This could all still happen ) but there was no mention of the stream of props Manly have bought. I have watched Jake for years and he and Lawrence are the 2 best props there, they both have pace as well. The Bulldogs were after Jake. I hope Manly do the right thing otherwise he won't be happy and especially playing in NSW Cup who are getting flogged each week, risk injury and under a very Ordinary Coach

Gee that's a shock that the Bulldogs were after him!

I'm expecting an offer soon.

Manly will look after Jake. They know how good he is & are only protecting his future.

He'll be a top grade regular before seasons end IMO.

Blowfly said:
Gee that's a shock that the Bulldogs were after him!

I'm expecting an offer soon.

Manly will look after Jake. They know how good he is & are only protecting his future.

He'll be a top grade regular before seasons end IMO.

Well lets hope so. Considering the Bulldogs paid $850 000 for prop Fifita. Jake does have clauses in his contract if he is not happy at Manly.

Eagle Rock said:
Jake does have clauses in his contract if he is not happy at Manly.
Yeah, there is a clause that allows him to frown.

I can't believe his family would be stupid enough to think a club with premiership ambitions does not need many props in their squad.

Understandable that Jake is impatient to hit NRL but Toovey is not dumb enough to throw him to the wolves, we need to let the 2014 team get set and then introduce him gradually, I'm sure he's in our plans as the year rolls on.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6