Eels chasing Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He must be over having to play in September all the time. Didn't he already escape from that pit of mediocrity.

While I don't give much weight to paper talk, I hope brad Arthur doesn't target
our players just coz he used to work with the club.. We let him go from a contract with our blessing as a head coach position came up.. He shouldn't throw that in our face by going after our squad.

Parramatta are preparing a lucrative deal for Jamie Buhrer in the hope of luring the former NSW utility back to the club.

The Eels have recruited aggressively in the off-season by adding
baf23d185db770aa6a5e123b810adc4f_resized1.jpg
Will Hopoate, Corey Norman, Nathan Peats, Lee Mossop and Justin Hunt to a roster that finished with the wooden spoon last year. However, there is still much rebuilding to be done and officials believe Buhrer would be a handy acquisition.

Buhrer has played 83 NRL games and earned City and NSW Origin jerseys, albeit for just a handful of minutes, since making the switch to Manly in 2010. However, he would never have defected if the Eels had shown more faith in him.

The Patrician Brothers Blacktown product's goal was to nail a spot at the Eels and he would have signed for a nominal fee. However, the club was not prepared to commit to him, adding to a long line of juniors who have flourished elsewhere.

Buhrer, who can play in the back row, halves or as hooker, is off contract at the end of the season. He has spoken about his desire to see out his career at Brookvale, but it is unclear if the Sea Eagles can keep him given they have other stars coming off contract and little room under the salary cap.

Meanwhile, there is a push to introduce constitutional changes at the annual general meeting on March 17, which would affect the running of the Eels. An item on the agenda reads: ''That the board of the Parramatta District Rugby League Club Limited take all practicable steps to facilitate a return of the Parramatta District Rugby League Club Limited of the ownership of, and the responsibility for, all the rugby league football teams currently owned by, or administered by, the Parramatta National Rugby League Pty Ltd.''

In essence, it would more clearly separate the responsibilities between directors charged with overseeing the leagues club and those running the Eels.

Adrian Proszenko

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/parramatta-eels-eager-to-reel-in-jamie-buhrer-from-manly-sea-eagles-with-big-offer-20140225-33fpd.html

If I'm being honest he hasn't come on quite as much as I had hoped he would over the last couple of seasons. Sure he made Origin 2 years ago, but that was probably a left field selection and he hasn't been back since. Horo and T-Red probably had more impact then JB did last year. This year has to be his break out year, he needs to show a bit more and with greater consistency. I know game time is an issue with Ballin, Choc and Gift being genuine 80 minute players it doesn't give him a lot of exposure.

But with Gifty on the back end of his career, JB is perfectly placed to slot in at 13 when he goes, but at the moment he needs to be offering a little more to fill those shoes.

Maybe he is suffering from utility syndrome, one of those players who can cover lots of spots but don't cement one of their own.

Brad Arthur wont be the coach by the time Buhrer or any other player he signs for 2015.

Is coaches graveyard.

joeboy said:
While I don't give much weight to paper talk, I hope brad Arthur doesn't target
our players just coz he used to work with the club.. We let him go from a contract with our blessing as a head coach position came up.. He shouldn't throw that in our face by going after our squad.

http://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/wasim-knows-who-the-dyldam-parramatta-eels-will-target-next-for

Apparently he's targeting Watmough and the newly contracted James Hasson.

Let them have him. He is too small for a modern day back rower and doesn't use it to his advantage in any way. He rarely hits the line with his God given speed (maybe he's scared), when he does he usually gets put into orbit by his counterparts. He just isn't going to break a Sims, Burgess or Teo tackle for example. Other players without bulk can fill the utility role, Hiku, Chee Kam to name a couple, who would otherwise be wasted in NSW Cup could do at least the same job. Buhrer has also demonstrated an inability to think on his feet and often misses opportunities that really need to be taken by a quality first grade player. His selection in the Blues team (when he can't make Manly's first 13) still causes disbelief and slight embarrassment. He showed promise early on but it hasn't gone anywhere since. Unless he is put into a gap he isn't going to make anything happen with ball in hand as any of the other Manly players (excluding front rowers) can and frequently do. I'm also a little bit tired of yelling at him to get off the tackled player when the defensive line is already set before he gives away another needless penalty. Use the money to hang on to DCE and Jamie Lyon.

mickqld said:
Darcy ruined a very promising career by going there. If he'd of stuck it out at Manly he could've been a top prop in a premiership contender instead of an ok prop in a dud team.

The final straw for Darcy was not getting picked for the Grand Final. I can't see him ever coming back to Manly and he is getting a better pay packet as well. He has been not happy at Parra but things might change under Arthur.

They can chase him, but they won't catch him. He's as slippery as a....er, as a...um as slippery as some kind of very slippery animaly thing.

Also, the report says...."The Eels have recruited aggressively in the off-season by adding Will Hopoate...."

That shows great insight of the facts. Will signed back in 2011, and Parra have basically been on an off season since then!

Good luck to Buhrer, I really feel that he has plateaued :angel:
With a new family, he can make the money, like Darcy is and get an early mark each Season.

Hasson is a keeper, and he has just extended for two more years so end of 2016 is the earliest that the Eels could contract him.:cool:
Happy to have extended the contract with manly #greatteam #greatclub @manlyseaeagles

Choc has another 2 years left, by then he will be an old man and who knows if he would still be at Manly First Grade level.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4