Effing Cars!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I can not tell you how much I hate the ****ing things!

We sold our second car, a Barina on Saturday, we had been trying to sell it for a while so was glad when we finally got it sold.

Then today, Leanne takes out our other car, which is an Auto Commodore Wagon, calls me half way to where she was going and tells me the car is making a whining noise.

I told her to pull over, but she was about 1 minute from her destination, so she continued on went to her appointment.

She calls me about an hour later, tells me the car will no longer go, and won't go into reverse.

My hopes that the whining noise was just a snapped or slipped belt were dashed at that stage, and I knew it was going to be a gearbox/transmission issue.

She was just around the corner from our usual mechanics so she walked round and grabbed him, he came had a look, and yup, the transmission is ****ed.

All the options he gave me were none too appealing, so in the end I have had to sink $1000 on a second hand tranny fitted.

grrrr, now we have no car with about 1000 things to do this weekend that I now have to cancel! (there is no public transport in hervey bay)

I think I may just have to ditch this one and go back to having a new car again.... there goes the new kitchen!

arrrggghhhh

Dan you should talk to Cambo, from all reports he is an expert tranny "mechanic".

I had to resist that entire post not to throw a cambo joke in there, I shouldn't have bothered.

Fluid was fine mate. All levels were sweet, I checked them all a fortnight ago and car was serviced a month ago. it was just trannies time to go.

Thought your holden was newish.....if so thats very strange but I guess not all cars of the same make model and year are created equally, sometimes differing up to 30hp,its what you call a"freak out of the box"

its not a new one mate. We sold our new cars before buying this house. It was about due really.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7