• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eggson

Bencher
Hope to not get too political here but i was just wondering, if Abbot/Liberals win, does his promise of funding Brookie still stand, or was that just for 07 meaning we need to campaign him all over again?

The only reason he promised the 9mil was to minimise the swing against him knowing the libs were going to lose.

swoop link said:
The only reason he promised the 9mil was to minimise the swing against him knowing the libs were going to lose.

Yeah its a dirty liars game that politics no matter who you support.

Politicians are all like the Storm, lying cheaters.

remember when he did that, what a wanka!! He knew they were going to lose so he promises this!! I sat there thinking you are kidding!!

i think he will go ahead with it this time around.

I will be voting for abbett. i rather vote for him then the lying melbourne supporter in Julia Gillard who party have done nothing but lied for 3yrs and wasted money and she follows a bunch of cheats

Darren link said:
remember when he did that, what a wanka!! He knew they were going to lose so he promises this!! I sat there thinking you are kidding!!

that figures, you're a teacher ;)

ahh Byso, I don't usually put on derogatory terms but I remember sitting there thinking "is he for real". I had mates laughing at school next day saying I hear Brookie is getting 20 million if Howrds wins and everybody cracking up.

It would be great, can we remind him!!! The club or supporters should do that!! Down here in Wollongong, its either Labor or Greens, not Libs here!! A standard joke in 1990's was Mickey Mouse could run for Labor party in Gong and he would be voted in. Mickey is for the working man  ;D

byso link said:
I won't be surprised when they get the money, when the libs win.

If the libs win you won't see the money, probably the best thing that would be nice for brookie oval would be a big swing against abbott to make it a marginal seat. Won't happen and we won't get any cash either, he's cutting back on spending.

If there are any Libs supporters here who think they will win the election jump over to Betfair, you can get $4 about them, ALP is $1.32.

Other agencies are betting on the result too, with similar odds.

Last time I had $20 on Maxine McKew to topple Howard at around $4.50 when the betting first opened.

Hate politics but love the punt, makes it much more enjoyable.

A word of warning though "bet with your head, not over it".

Darren link said:
It would be great, can we remind him!!! The club or supporters should do that!! Down here in Wollongong, its either Labor or Greens, not Libs here!! A standard joke in 1990's was Mickey Mouse could run for Labor party in Gong and he would be voted in. Mickey is for the working man  ;D

That's funny, cause Mickey could run for PM here in Japan and win in a landslide.

The ABC did a report a few years ago, under a premier at state level or a prime minister at federal level a particular seat gets 30% more spending then an average seat across the term, or something like that. Going of memory so don't ask me to back it up.

Makes sense, other then the motivation to spend on politically sensitive areas there is also the motivation to spend on your own neighborhood, knowing that once your days are up, that you have to live there.

Abbott didn't spend a dime in his electorate when the Libs were in Government, what makes posters think he'll do any better next time?  The only hope we have of getting taxpayers to foot the bill for Brookie is through Mike Baird when he becomes the State's Premier. 

tbh I think the only way money will get spent on Brookie (I mean a big sum, not bits and pieces) is if the Dallas Cowboy's owner bought the team and then decided that we need a newer venue(he would be able to afford Brookie with the money that gets lost in the lounge). So I wouldn't be trusting pollies to do anything about it

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6