Electronic Arts bitchfest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
Rant

OK so i love EA Sports,they are brilliant and above the pack in everything other than apparently basketball

However when they buy a company they ruin it

BioWare was ****ing excellent and well ahead of the pack,their games were never a last minute rush fest until EA took over

Dragon age 1 was a modern marvel,a game that really captured the imagination and had its own version of creepyness about it and massive world/storyline

Dragon age 2 while having better fight mechanics than the original was horrendous with the amount of open world adventure,Less kirkwall more free marches please!!! Dont get me wrong i loved the storyline and characters but ffs an RPG with no adventuring,What they do is REUSE maps and say 3 years has passed since youve been here,wtf???

While im at it Westwood studios had a single greatness above all games they made,it was Command and Conquer

The 3rd one had brilliant graphics even by todays standards,the micromanagement was spot on and just what youd expect from a RTS game,then EA buys westwood

We are given Command and Conquer 4....its an abomination,Defense isnt really required as your base moves around the map,stopping only to pump out units,this game is a ****ing 3rd trimester abortion,completely ruining the franchise of C&C,Even the graphics were piss poor,how do you go BACKWARDS?

Then SW:TOR (BioWare) comes out to mixed reviews,while having biowares optional talking (Nice guy,Flirt,Wanker) it is a Theme park MMO which is nothing compared to the sandbox type,not a bad game but we're playing World of Warcraft with (No bull****,the warrior is the WoW Warrior almost to a tea,my keybindings are IDENTICAL!) Dragon age choices/Voice actor for quests with Star Wars models and lightsabers/blasters

Please EA,Do not rush your subsidiaries as they knew what they were doing while you were still only making the worlds best sports games,give them their ****ing space and stick with your sports games,try to get back basketball and let the real game crafters do their ****ing job!!!

/Rant

I like your spirit, I just cant add anything to the conversation as I don;t really play video games

Agree, agree, f**king agree.

EA are absolute arseclowns. Everything they get their grubby mits on inevitably heads south. Even EA sports only succeeds because of the lack of options on the market.

Thankfully 2k Sports have apparently acquired rights from the NFL to begin making NFL 2k games again, starting from 2014. I wouldn't expect the Madden franchise to surive more than a few years after they start cranking that out (just look at the fortunes of EA's NBA game for reference).

Absolutely with you on Dragon Age. DA1 was immense, loved it, one of my favourite RPGs of all time. Two looked pretty & the voice acting was brilliant, but the game's content was sorely lacking. I just hope that they actually do the third game in the series justice & end it on a high note.

Oh & while I'm at it, f**k Bethesda too. Thanks for wrecking my all time favourite game you asshats. Not to mention leading the charge in flooding the RPG market with thoughtless hack & slash games like Oblivion.

whatever happened to Blizzard, I havent played anything much in years but they had a couple back in the day.

Fro said:
whatever happened to Blizzard, I havent played anything much in years but they had a couple back in the day.

World of warcraft (See worlds current most played game),Diablo 3 coming soon and SC2 released a year or so ago,awaiting its 2nd installment "heart of the swarm"

Origin can go jump, will never buy anything on there again. The also ****ed up DICE by forcing them to release early, battlefield 3 had way too many bugs and still isnt fixed. It also went backwards in a lot of areas.

This DLC **** is starting to get very stupid too.

Also add bullfrog into the list of once great developers that were swallowed by EA.

The Eagle said:
Fro said:

World of warcraft (See worlds current most played game),Diablo 3 coming soon and SC2 released a year or so ago,awaiting its 2nd installment "heart of the swarm"

cheers for that.

I played SC2 but thats about all ive done for a while

If these are public software companies you can blame them for the early and buggy releases. Unfortunately public software companies need to work to a release schedule that is set by the shareholders.

This is one of the reasons the company I am with went back to a private company, we went from a 4 major releases a year schedule to no specific release schedule. It means there is more time for QA and dev and this theoretically the actual releases should be better and cleaner.

Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4