Elgey shines on Debut

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Article posted on The Roar this morning. A bit of an over statement. I watched the game. He was ok, not great. Sezer did most of the play making and kicking, with Elgey getting involved with a few kicks and showed some good acceleration and step taking on the line occasionally. He didn't look out of place at all in first NRL game and is only going to improve. If I was owner of the Titans, I would be playing DCE and Elgey next year and reads like that is going to be the plan. Don't think this kid will be coming to Manly. Article below

Elgey shines on Titans’ NRL debut

By AAP, 29 Mar 2015

Put Daly Cherry-Evans next to Kane Elgey in the Gold Coast halves for 2016 and the make-up of a premiership contender is starting to take shape.

Elgey has displayed enough in his NRL debut in the Titans’ 24-22 win over Cronulla on Saturday to show why he is rated one of the game’s best up-and-coming playmakers.

The 21-year-old steered the Titans well around the park, kicked cleverly and almost broke the line on a number of occasions to live up to the hype surrounding his rise through the grades.

With Cherry-Evans signed on for the Titans next season, the Queensland and Australian representative is exactly the type of mentor Elgey needs.

Current halfback Aidan Sezer is set to return to Sydney, so the two could very well usher in a new era of success on the Gold Coast.

With Elgey set to re-sign with the club shortly, coach Neil Henry predicts a big future for the Queensland and Australian schoolboy and 2014 NYC player of the year.

“He has shown tonight that he handled the step up and he wasn’t overwhelmed or intimidated by anything out there,” Henry said.

“He backed himself and went close a few times.

“It looks good for the kid, he has worked really good in the off season, he was targeted there in defence particularly at the start of the game and he held his own out there.

“It’s great for the club.”

Elgey was nothing special. He was better than most plodders'

JLJ had more impact on his debut.

Manly badly need a voice in the middle.
We have zero direction :confused:

For all the wraps on him I was expecting to see this Messiah float down from a cloud and lead the tits to a 40 point smashing.

Instead I saw nothing special.

This is starting to p$ss me off. All other clubs seem to be able to re sign their good players and good juniors and we let 4 internationals leave. Offer Elgey way overs Kelly like the coast did to us with dce even if just to make the coast pay more. Show some ducking balls mate. You have wrecked our club.

That just looks to me like a story his manager has published to try up his contract value.

Many other players have been better on debut, but you don't ever hear anything about them.

His first game.To judge him as a pretender on that is ridiculous.I have seen a lot of this kid.Can play and will be an NRL player for a long time in my opinion.

This is starting to p$ss me off. All other clubs seem to be able to re sign their good players and good juniors and we let 4 internationals leave. Offer Elgey way overs Kelly like the coast did to us with dce even if just to make the coast pay more. Show some ducking balls mate. You have wrecked our club.
As a 40+ year Manly fan, if one of those movie miracles happened and I woke up as a 23 year old boy wonder half, even I would have trouble putting pen to Penn contract!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4