Elgey's worth ......... Don't pay overs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Yes the kid can play. However what is his real worth ?

Manly mustn't be forced into desperation and pay something like $700k for him. Let's put it into perspective. If he starts to really brain them and GC surge into the finals his stocks will rise. He'll be looking at DCE on $1.2 mil and saying hmmm, I'm at least worth $800k at this point of my career, and the GC would be hard up keeping them both. Additionally, he more than likely be overshadowed by DCE in terms of star quality/media etc.

At the end of the day I sincerely hope the relative calm around Elgey ATM will eventuate in Manly announcing his signing, however let's not get carried away with his worth yet . The club has a great record of signing astutely.

I would say ATM $375k p.a is fair recompense for his services. This is based on current form, age, potential.

150k with incentives. I still don't see him as a game changer @:cool:

Much rather we went with on of our juniors like JLJ, Pearsall

I don't know much about Pearsall, but JLJ is not on the same planet as Elgey. If we were looking at offering him $150k in today's market for We'd be outbid straight away.

150k with incentives. I still don't see him as a game changer @:cool:

Much rather we went with on of our juniors like JLJ, Pearsall
JLJ did not even get a look in when Foz was injured this year . He is another NSW cup quality player . He was a failure at both the Roosters and the Bulldogs before we signed him

I don't see the hype of LG. I'll watch his 3rd game today, but so far he is a kid who has a mediocre kicking game behind a strong pack.

JLJ only had a couple of games in FG, so its unfair to judge his potential playing behind a beaten pack in NSW Cup.

But Manly are scrambling to fill the halves chasm in 2016 - LG could hit pay dirt @:cool:

I don't know much about Pearsall, but JLJ is not on the same planet as Elgey. If we were looking at offering him $150k in today's market for We'd be outbid straight away.

If we offered 150K, we'd just insult him. These days that's barely above the minimum.

It'd need to be in the order of 350. Because other clubs would pay that. Plus, don't forget, he'd be coming to Manly. The club that can't keep or sign anyone........the 2015 Raiders.

JLJ is a plodder, another Selleys (Stop gap) player. He is not the player that will attract others or lift the club out of the doldrums. Only two halves (JT) and Pearce lead Elgey in try assists and line break assists this year.

Yes the kid can play. However what is his real worth ?

Manly mustn't be forced into desperation and pay something like $700k for him. Let's put it into perspective. If he starts to really brain them and GC surge into the finals his stocks will rise. He'll be looking at DCE on $1.2 mil and saying hmmm, I'm at least worth $800k at this point of my career, and the GC would be hard up keeping them both. Additionally, he more than likely be overshadowed by DCE in terms of star quality/media etc.

At the end of the day I sincerely hope the relative calm around Elgey ATM will eventuate in Manly announcing his signing, however let's not get carried away with his worth yet . The club has a great record of signing astutely.

I would say ATM $375k p.a is fair recompense for his services. This is based on current form, age, potential.

We will be paying overs for anyone we get at the moment.

Not nice 2 say as a fan but the truth is we are not attractive at the moment.

JLJ couldn't make it at the roosters couldn't make it in rugby and couldn't make it at the bulldogs and people see him as a first grader no thanks. JLJ is not a junior

We will have to pay WELL over, he wants to stay on the GC but clearly would be mad not to come if the money was worth say 50% or 75% more.

So if the coast offers him say $300, he mightn't come for anything less than say $450-$500.

The Bronco Mail in Brisbane now says that despite higher offers from down south, including Manly, he might still stay.......which is Managers words for " Manly you'll have to up your offer".

The more losses we have the more overs we have to pay to anyone and everyone.

Also until the coaching situation is resolved players will be reluctant to sign.

Agree that Manly have to appoint a Coach for 3 years, prior to any professional Player signing on.

Paying overs for a newbie does not sound like Manly have a long term view :confused:

I watched a couple of first grade games when they said we were interested and I wasn't overly convinced but he's starting to settle in and you can see his potential. We'll have to pay around 350-400 to get him to leave the gold coast ... I agree it's over the top but it's a halves market and as others have said desperate times call for desperate measures.

What I find a little annoying is that we have had chances to at least see what our junior halves are like with Foz spending time out.

Our juniors are sitting 2nd, so must be going ok you would think? Why not give these guys a shot instead of chasing another clubs junior. What does it say to our guys who are probably busting a gut to play for Manly, instead the club wants to chase Elgey for some (probably) ridiculous price.

Stay positive all you faithful supporters. Some big news on the way. Don't get caught up in the hype nobody wants to play here. That is a myth-call it transitioning.
LG will be on a contract with huge incentives based on performance. We won't be paying overs

He, like every other player, is only worth what someone is willing to pay him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4