Encouraging Brett News

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's probably the best news I've heard since Jamie Lyon didn't go to the titans......please please please be true!!

Melinda Gainsford-Taylor says that the hamstring injury only impairs you at the point of sudden acceleration.
That running straight and even at speed is OK - its when you stop and start and try or swerve that the hammy injury stops you dead.

Looking back on this season, you can see that Snake hardly ever ran the ball back at speed - so he has been injured longer than we realized :(

Sending the love to Snake - seeing him slip past those behemoths on Friday, would be so wonderful :angel:

HappilyManly said:
Melinda Gainsford-Taylor says that the hamstring injury only impairs you at the point of sudden acceleration.
That running straight and even at speed is OK - its when you stop and start and try or swerve that the hammy injury stops you dead.

Looking back on this season, you can see that Snake hardly ever ran the ball back at speed - so he has been injured longer than we realized :(

Sending the love to Snake - seeing him slip past those behemoths on Friday, would be so wonderful :angel:

He certainly has been protecting it (whether subconsciously or consciously) when you go back and think of the games. And when he has put the hammer down (like against the Storm), it has seen him leave the field.

I think it's time for the pretender Inglis to see the worlds greatest fullback.

Brett Stewart has given the strongest indication yet he will be right to play in Friday night's NRL preliminary final after taking part in Manly's first training session of the week on Tuesday.

While Anthony Watmough watched on as he rested his injured knee, Stewart ran at three-quarter pace through a series of running drills with the remainder of the squad.

"We're hoping, you'll see him train today," Manly coach Geoff Toovey said of Stewart's chances ahead of training.

"It's one of those things like last week, if he's not right he's not right but we're fairly confident he'll be okay."

While replacement Peta Hiku has been tremendous at the back during Stewart's absence, the Sea Eagles backline has not look as threatening in attack without the prolific No.1.

Asked about Stewart's desire to play in the sudden-death encounter against South Sydney, Toovey said:

"He was really eager last week as well but that doesn't help the fact that he's got that problem, if he's not right he's not right.

"We're hoping he is (right), we've got a couple of training sessions this week and hopefully he'll get through them and be right to play.

"The bloke who filled in for him, Peta Hiku, has done a great job but Brett Stewart's been in and out in these situations quite often in previous years.

"We're pretty sure and confident, the quality player that he is he'll bounce back and fit straight in."

Toovey indicated he would give Stewart right up until game day to prove his fitness, as he did ahead of last week's game against Cronulla.

Back-rower Watmough is considered certain to play despite aggravating his knee injury against the Sharks.

nrl.com

HappilyManly said:

Yep having torn mine, it is definitely when you accelerate really quick or decelerate is when you can aggravate it, took a lot of rehab to get it right. But with Brett it seems to be more unfortunate since its the structure of his knee which is putting constant strain on his hammy.

1969 said:
Brett Stewart has given the strongest indication yet he will be right to play in Friday night's NRL preliminary final after taking part in Manly's first training session of the week on Tuesday.

While Anthony Watmough watched on as he rested his injured knee, Stewart ran at three-quarter pace through a series of running drills with the remainder of the squad.

"We're hoping, you'll see him train today," Manly coach Geoff Toovey said of Stewart's chances ahead of training.

"It's one of those things like last week, if he's not right he's not right but we're fairly confident he'll be okay."

While replacement Peta Hiku has been tremendous at the back during Stewart's absence, the Sea Eagles backline has not look as threatening in attack without the prolific No.1.

Asked about Stewart's desire to play in the sudden-death encounter against South Sydney, Toovey said:

"He was really eager last week as well but that doesn't help the fact that he's got that problem, if he's not right he's not right.

"We're hoping he is (right), we've got a couple of training sessions this week and hopefully he'll get through them and be right to play.

"The bloke who filled in for him, Peta Hiku, has done a great job but Brett Stewart's been in and out in these situations quite often in previous years.

"We're pretty sure and confident, the quality player that he is he'll bounce back and fit straight in."

Toovey indicated he would give Stewart right up until game day to prove his fitness, as he did ahead of last week's game against Cronulla.

Back-rower Watmough is considered certain to play despite aggravating his knee injury against the Sharks.

nrl.com

Gotta love Toovey!! Obviously more worried for a players health than letting him re-injure himself, even at finals time. A lesser coach probably would have put the decision in Brett's hands, let him play and hurt his hammy further. Toovey is smart, tough and caring, 3 of the best qualities you
could hope for in a coach.

Ceagle said:
HappilyManly said:

Yep having torn mine, it is definitely when you accelerate really quick or decelerate is when you can aggravate it, took a lot of rehab to get it right. But with Brett it seems to be more unfortunate since its the structure of his knee which is putting constant strain on his hammy.

I spent months on it when I did mine, could hardly walk for a few days, was agony lol. Not helped by the fact we were at a cricket tournament and on the day before the final 1 of the boys needed a rest so I threw plenty of voltaren down, played and absolutely rooted it

If he is able to move around ok on it then it can't be a bad tear at all and he will be close

HappilyManly said:

Yep.
Even if he can't hit that top gear we all know he possess's, he would still be invaluable being out there for his passing, link play, defense and talk from the back. An 80% fit Snake is vastly better than most other fullbacks in the comp who are 100% fit.

Loving our team with him in it this week! Fit or un-fit

Looks good in the training video, even put in a left foot kick! Tooves did mention he expects them to be a little flat, but Snake might add that spark...

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Stewart-on-track-to-return-Toovey/85000

Clint said:
MadMarcus said:
I'm starting to dare to think we can win this one now...

Never in doubt MM. ;)

Win? This is going to be Manly's finest hour. We've all been talking about the heroics of 1978 etc. This is the game, and the period that we are all going to be talking about in 50 years.

Brett Stewart in doubt. Watmough literally on 1 leg. Captain Killer copping an injury, Matai as usual playing through the shoulder pain. Kitey barely able to hold his hand up....and the rest of the team absolutely r**ted from the Sharks and Roosters game.

And on the other side playing the darlings of the NRL, fresh and ready to take whatever refereeing decisions they can get (as well as any crocodile rolls, or 3rd man ins).

And still the Sea Eagles smashed the living s$$$ out of them, both physically and on the scoreboard (30-0). The commentators can barely believe what has happened.

I am pumped for this game, espicially because we are the underdogs.

I think all our cards are on the table for this one, and for that reason snake will most likely play.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2