END OF A GOLDEN ERA

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was always going to be hard to lose the great players, just a pity they couldn't be great for a little longer, but this had to happen.

A new day will dawn tomorrow , and a new era will dawn for Manly.

When you are at the bottom the only way is up!!

Yes Mark. No team in AFL or NRL can just roll forever given the rules. Just have to roll with the punches and enjoy the ride. One of the enjoyable parts of a rebuild is watching the Turbos and co of this world develop.Different type of excitement but keeps the juices flowing.

This is all very reminiscent of the fall in 1998-99 all the way into the Neagles era. When Manly eras end, they crash and burn. Perhaps the club just invest too hard in the present and when the eras end, there is no forward planning so everything falls off a cliff.
It's just a sad time to be a Manly fan right now. The way in which Toovey was shafted, combined with the rubbish they bought in haste. We should have seen this coming.
This could have been handled so much better keeping Toovey around and developing junior talent, keeping Hiku etc. Some lean years would have been ok if there was effort there and players were improving. I can't see that with the invaders we signed from Penrith and Souths, they are just collecting paychecks.
And I'll say this again, I watched Lewis Brown the last four games he played for Penrith and knew he would be garbage. What the hell were they thinking bringing him to Manly???
Sad sad sad.
NYEagle

Last edited:
Chin up NY, There is not a single club in this country in AFL or NRL with the cap and draft rules in place that has managed more than a decade of dominance. Our turn now. We are the only one of the long term clubs to win every decade since the 70s so we do it better than anyone else.

This year is shot, especially with tonight's injuries, so why not bring up some kids and blood them, no pressure just an opportunity to feature in FG.

Don't know how the cap works with that but if it can fit give as many as possible ( different each week) a run.

Yeah and Baz playing the injury card real hard at the presser... Happy as because the injuries have taken any pressure off him in this results driven business.

Fair dinkum he needs to go and go now. Take that old fart bozo with you..

Could be a strategy to start offloading the mistakes that are Myles, Brown, Walker and build a team around the rest?
I'm sick of looking at them to be honest, they are not worthy of wearing Manly jumpers.
I'd take Horo, Mason and Hiku back for these three in a heartbeat. What mistakes we made.
NYEagle

Yeah and Baz playing the injury card real hard at the presser... Happy as because the injuries have taken any pressure off him in this results driven business.

Fair dinkum he needs to go and go now. Take that old fart bozo with you..

How about the inspirational "it might get worse before it gets better"? Well if the coach says that I'm sure it will.

Chin up NY, There is not a single club in this country in AFL or NRL with the cap and draft rules in place that has managed more than a decade of dominance. Our turn now. We are the only one of the long term clubs to win every decade since the 70s so we do it better than anyone else.

What about the Purple Scum???

The era was declining from about August 2014 and we have now got confirmation that its over.

Never again must our club be taken over by players who think they are bigger than the club.

The teams greatest attribute was their togetherness and closesness and that has gone for now.

Lets build a team with Manly values and that starts with the bull**** stopping and some hard work happening.

We'll never find these players anymore sheridanstand.Unfortunately it's all about money now.Lets start by bringing in an experience coach who can guide these current crop of players by going back to basics on the park.

the coaches passion in the half time talk is non existant, whenever the camera goes to out dressing room, u never see TB laying down the law with all players sitting and listening, like other top coahes do. in contrast the raiders had Sticky do just that at half time. TB was floating around the room speechless. THE PASSION AND RESPECT STARTS FROM THE COACH

We have 4 champions left from our golden era.

Snake is badly out of form right now and his head is just not in the game. His once great last line of defence has completely deserted him this year.

Killer's move to 5/8 was a good thing and I think he was gaining confidence until tonight's injury which will probably see him miss at least 2-4 weeks. He has already called time on his career anyway and won't be around in 2017.

Skivy.....of the 3 he is probably playing the best in 2016 and could easily go around again next year. However, the big question is will his body allow it? If he's out injured more than he is playing then what's the point?

DCE was out of form at the start of the year but he has been improving and tonight was arguably our best until he got injured. Our game went downhill until half time after he got injured and nosedived when he didn't return for the second half.

It will be hard to come back from this one. Problem being we've chucked the culture. When we rebuilt from the northern eagles it was done from scratch. And Max. This time culture got rid of culture. Arko, Bozo got rid of Tooves. Tell me to get over it and expect me to do that. Good luck

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7