End of an era

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
First BK2, now Gift. It's a shame to see such key members of our dominant past-decade team move on to other clubs. I for one won't be able to bear seeing Gift in Souths colours, the ugliest colours in the game.

Last night I watched one of my first Riff games of the year and just thought black looked crap on Kite.

Will be exactly the same feeling next year with Glenn in red and green.

We will still have plenty more champions to cheer for when he is gone. Unlike many other clubs who have an ever-moving roster. This was brought home to me on the weekend when my son-in-law, a 'Riff supporter, was lamenting how there was no member of his current club that he looked up to... no Jennings, Lewis, now Grant is leaving. He went through the roster - all newbies, or disliked players such as Soward. Eventually he settled on Kevin Kingston.
How sad. When Kingston is the only player that a lifelong supporter could really be proud of.
Yet we still have six or seven legends. We should all be grateful.

I understand what you are saying the who but it doesn't mean I enjoy seeing these blokes run around in other colours.
Unfortunately many other manly legends have been squeezed out before but like you say we never seem to run dry on them.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Consider yourselves lucky it is the Bunnies. They dont need a fullback.

Yes exactly, i have posted similar thoughts on Facebook Eagles pages.

Makes me wonder though, is it possibly a gesture to Manly from Gifty going to a club with no need for fullback? He would be acutely aware Brett has been quoted saying he will go too, so why did he chose a club with no room for him? He could have got good offers from Saints, dogs and raiders i believe, so it is plausible he went with Souths to encourage Brett to stay at Manly, because he doesn't want there to be a exodus or at least an exodus of Stewarts?

Jado said:

Makes me wonder though, is it possibly a gesture to Manly from Gifty going to a club with no need for fullback? He would be acutely aware Brett has been quoted saying he will go too, so why did he chose a club with no room for him? He could have got good offers from Saints, dogs and raiders i believe, so it is plausible he went with Souths to encourage Brett to stay at Manly, because he doesn't want there to be a exodus or at least an exodus of Stewarts?
Gifty was quoted a few weeks ago as wanting to remain close to home so his young family are not disrupted. No gesture, just consideration :angel:

Jado said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

I haven't seen anywhere where Brett has been quoted as saying he will leave too.

This is inevitable if we want to avoid a sudden decline when all our stars retire over 1 or 2 seasons ( see Australian cricket team post Chappell/ lillee/marsh and Waugh/Warne/Gilchrist eras). Tough decision for sure but it is either Gift or others going I assume.

bones said:
Jado said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

I haven't seen anywhere where Brett has been quoted as saying he will leave too.

oh ok, so its just speculation that i have seen? Do you think he will stay....I do

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4