Enough of the Feel Good Stories

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't agree. I love GF week and reading the good things. Too easy to post the other types of articles about how the Penns feel hard done by, boardroom bickering, $BW and pro-Rooster opinions, why Manly don't deserve to be there, how we may lose Glenn after next year, etc. There are plenty of them and right now I'm not interested in that stuff.

• 👍
Reactions: Zep
Bit grumpy this morning TC??

Personally I quite like them, a real celebration of our great club.

BUT I agree it's now down to business!!

What about the article on Max slamming Des as a tight arse who would be regretting his decision to stab in the back the club that gave him everything? I dare say there would be plenty of forums and the type of news your wanting over at the kennel TC. Maybe it's time to head on home.

Technical Coach said:
So over them---- plenty of time after the GF and in retirement to look back at the sacrifices made and take pride in ones actions/loyalty.

you prefer the Manly Board fighting, Certain players need to be offloaded etc stories, Player a out drinkinig stories etc

I love the feel good stories, it helps build support for the club for people who will be going to the GF and don't support either team. I am surprised that the Roosters have been guarding their players from the media. I think that this could work against them and could be a sign of inexperience from a rookie coach. I think the roosters will be ****ting themselves right now as expectation is all on them.

Its a week of celebration of what a Team has achieved - North's Fans never had such a week and 14 other Club's Fans would welcome the love fest too :cool:

The GF is a standalone game, it does not define the success of a Club in any given year.
Its the ultimate reward for the Players of the winning Team, but injuries and bad calls may have affected the result.

Without this lead up week, the Fans of the losing Team would never have the chance to read the positive articles about their Club :angel:

I'm loving it and am happily helping my neighbours deck out the block for the GF Party :)

Like others here, I can't get enough of the feel-good stuff. With 90% of the focus on League during the season being negative, this is a rare time to get a more positive, personal insight to the players, coaches or various connections to the club.

This exposure can only help turn those casual fans of Manly into members, as they connect more and more to the team they've kept one eye on in the past.

TC - your starting to become the Gringe .... making the GF in itself is a massive achievement & worth its own praise.
If we had our asses kicked last Friday vs the Rabbids there would have been plenty of doom & gloom on here but it was a great win, so soak it up.
prefer to see an article regarding your opinions on areas the Seaeagles can expose the opposition ect:- Keep it feel good - its a time to be positive.

Must admit the whole "Manly culture" thing has been done to death. You can only read the same thing so many times I guess.

TC is getting nervous. That's natural. He's worried that if we 'feel too good' for too long, we are tempting fate - Murphy's law will kick in and we'll all come a cropper tomorrow.

Yeah, will i kind of agree. Praps to make sure of the win tomorrow, no more good stuff should be posted. We obviously have enuff threads to last us till xmas.

In fact, to make sure of a 30-Nil kind of thing, we should all feel real bad until 9 pm tomorrow. Ok, here goes: I feel really bad. Really really bad. We cant win. No discipline. There, Premiers !!;)

I think TC has a point. I would prefer if there was a bit less focus on us tbh. The time for these stories is after we win the GF.

I think we need to embrace GF week and enjoy the fact there are stories every day in the paper about us.

99% of us whinged and moaned when the Roosters and Souths were being written up every week and we were being given no respect. Now we are!! Let's enjoy.

I think Tooves and the players have embraced GF week, they haven't seen it as something to distance themselves from.

To draw a comparison, a lot of Aussie cricket teams used to go to India and count down the seconds until the tour was over...funnily enough we usually did poorly. Steve Waugh started to embrace it and see it as an opportunity to experience. The Aussie teams generally did better as they enjoyed themselves more.

To me this GF Manly players are opening up way too much, yes enjoy the week but no need to tell the world about "taking a pay cut" to prove how loyal the players are too each other or ,"No-one gave us a chance now look at us"

The above kind of replies are more about "look look look at how different we are to other clubs" and "revenge revenge revenge for thinking we are too old" they mean nothing until actually winning the GF.

The end of the off season feel good stories are just as bad from known players who have "Suddenly reformed and seen the light", you just know more often than not they are going to slip up again, or "the new battled hardened Eels are going to play for each other more than ever" yeah right.

Enjoy the week yes but don't start offering more insights into the mind or the sacrifices made or i owe this to the club beyond what you would say during the regular season. To me in some instances it is all about look at me, look at us we are better than the rest/most, this is why we will win.

globaleagle said:
MK Eagle said:
TC - your starting to become the Gringe .... making the GF in itself is a massive achievement & worth its own praise.

lol, I'm going to assume you meant grinch. Esp if you look up gringe in the urban dictionary.

Making a GF is an achievement you look back on and appreciate at the end of the season not before a GF. Basically you are patting yourself on the back before the lead up of a big game not totally focusing on what is required to win a game.

The only reason there has been so much press about us is because the chooks are really limiting media opportunities with the team.

The amount of press about Manly does not bother me, embrace the week enjoy a little fun with the media prank your mates during a photo shoot i just hate the stories.

Taking a pay cut is done for personal reasons and that money is not the be all and end all to leading a happy life, it should not be a point of discussion to remind the press,fans and other clubs how great we are as a point of difference.

Technical Coach said:
The amount of press about Manly does not bother me, embrace the week enjoy a little fun with the media prank your mates during a photo shoot i just hate the stories.

Taking a pay cut is done for personal reasons and that money is not the be all and end all to leading a happy life, it should not be a point of discussion to remind the press,fans and other clubs how great we are as a point of difference.

Agreed this stuff needs to be after the GF. I didn't like Max putting the boot into Des either. It lacked class.
Wait until after a victory for this stuff. The Roosters have gone about this better than we have. Too much talk. I fear not enough focus on winning the next game.

mickqld said:
Technical Coach said:

Agreed this stuff needs to be after the GF. I didn't like Max putting the boot into Des either. It lacked class.
Wait until after a victory for this stuff. The Roosters have gone about this better than we have. Too much talk. I fear not enough focus on winning the next game.

Yeah did not like the Dessie comments either.

Honestly i don't think getting more money was the only reason Dessie left, he wanted more/ unlimited funds in the training department that were putting pressure on Manly's finances, he loves new toys and the latest training methods.

We let Hasler go at the right time, he has peaked as a coach and the "Bellamy/Hasler" era is at the end of it's dominance now.

Manly and Melb will not dominate to the same degree again(over a 7yr period) as most teams have copied in some form both versions and in certain areas raised the bar just as Manly tweaked,added to the Melb formula on top of creating our own style.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6